List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

A friend of mine is heavily invested in this years draft as their son is in contention but were also raving about Sam Lalor recently. Apparently he’s an absolute beast and they felt he will be a draft steal for whoever gets him. Any thoughts draft experts?

A friend of mine is heavily invested in this years draft as their son is in contention but were also raving about Sam Lalor recently. Apparently he’s an absolute beast and they felt he will be a draft steal for whoever gets him. Any thoughts draft experts?

Check this board out. The search button is pretty good, so you can look for anyone.

Sam Lalor looks to be rising up the ranks, some have him top 10, others have him top 30.

here is Davo-27 latest ranking.

Erasmus isn’t getting a game at Sydney! Come on, let’s be realistic here. They have the best midfield in the comp with ridiculous depth. Even that’s not counting Parker and Mills.

Erasmus on his own would do well to be worth pick 35 at the moment. He has barely played at afl level for the last year.

Adams and Parker won’t be there in two more seasons. Depth only last lasts so long.

For mine if he is not in the Top 10, he will be only slightly outside it. Pretty sure he was in Twomey's Ten prospects to watch earlier this year so I am sure he was already rounds about in the minds of recruiters, but since then he has showed a lot this year as well and probably solidified that thinking. It would not surprise to see him Top 5.

I posted Lalor's game from the weekend further up the thread. He's been injured all season basically. He played one game for the AFL Academy when he was massively under done. He played one or two APS games, one of which he kicked 7 goals. He played his first Talent League game for the season on the weekend and it was probably the best individual performance I've seen this season.

I had him floating at the back end of my top 10, resisting the temptation to drop him out while he was not playing. Fair to say he's going to be rocketing up a lot of lists now.

He has a bit of everything. He's physical and athletic, good size for a mid. Clean below his knees and in the air. Quick and agile, but just as often likely to try and absorb contact and release a teammate with hands. Nice penetrating kick and can lace out a leading target. He has shown that he can kick goals from midfield or resting forward. He's also a prolific tackler, averaged 7.5 per game last season.

Its important of course not to get too carried away by one game, and I want to see him back it up over the next couple of months, especially for Vic Country at the champs. But he is the one guy for me that has the potential to break up the established top group and push into pick 1 candidacy.

I posted Lalor's game from the weekend further up the thread. He's been injured all season basically. He played one game for the AFL Academy when he was massively under done. He played one or two APS games, one of which he kicked 7 goals. He played his first Talent League game for the season on the weekend and it was probably the best individual performance I've seen this season.

I had him floating at the back end of my top 10, resisting the temptation to drop him out while he was not playing. Fair to say he's going to be rocketing up a lot of lists now.

He has a bit of everything. He's physical and athletic, good size for a mid. Clean below his knees and in the air. Quick and agile, but just as often likely to try and absorb contact and release a teammate with hands. Nice penetrating kick and can lace out a leading target. He has shown that he can kick goals from midfield or resting forward. He's also a prolific tackler, averaged 7.5 per game last season.

Its important of course not to get too carried away by one game, and I want to see him back it up over the next couple of months, especially for Vic Country at the champs. But he is the one guy for me that has the potential to break up the established top group and push into pick 1 candidacy.
Wow my friend wasn’t exaggerating then.
Sounds like we haven’t much chance of getting near him with the picks we have, unless we package up 2 of them to move into the top 5.
We do like a gun player from VIC country though so you never know.

Wow my friend wasn’t exaggerating then.
Sounds like we haven’t much chance of getting near him with the picks we have, unless we package up 2 of them to move into the top 5.
We do like a gun player from VIC country though so you never know.
If he played with Harley Reid in Vic country, eagles may look at him at pick 3?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not quite as polished as previous Champs performances for Bo Allan, but he cracked in as hard as ever and the heavy ground probably suited his game. He doesn't always win the footy at stoppage but his physicality is influential, applying defensive pressure or clearing space for his teammates to operate. When he gets the opportunity to put the peddle down in space few can stay with him, making him an exciting prospect at his size.

Not quite as polished as previous Champs performances for Bo Allan, but he cracked in as hard as ever and the heavy ground probably suited his game. He doesn't always win the footy at stoppage but his physicality is influential, applying defensive pressure or clearing space for his teammates to operate. When he gets the opportunity to put the peddle down in space few can stay with him, making him an exciting prospect at his size.

I like the look of him! Can we please get a Berry highlights video when you get a chance :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back