2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, you do not understand Bigfooty Tossel

I’ll reply anytime I like to your dribble eg 1000 spectators, community radio statistitian, low members blah blah

End of day you can accept mediocrity but majority of true Port supporters will not.

Crap RDR, list turnover and current coaching regime sitting at a win loss of 15-29 Thats right Tossel we have won 15 of our last 44 games or 34% ratio tossel. what AFL or VFL current coach is on that? Again, you accept and hate other supporters identifying and challenging the situation whilst you have your head up your backside. Hang your head in shame on Sunday please. the majority do not accept the situation in such a significant milestone year for us.

Pity you didnt turn up Sunday, you missed a awesome win.

Again another load of bollocks from you regarding accepting mediocrity - if you think i and other port supporters dont hurt and feel the losses after being used to years of success you are once again mistaken (add that to your growing list of nonsence), your poor attempt to put words into my mouth are failing misreably. Nobody said that we are opening champagne bottles in celebration when we lose - but what do you expect us to do ? Protest rally down Williamstown rd when we lose ? Lock the gates and not allow anybody in ? Stop attending games like come fickle club ?

Actually dont bother responding here (and dont try baiting a response it wont work) , your low iq responses is painting our club in a bad light and you are embarrassing yourself and the club. I look forward to you responding in person this Friday, that way other forum members wont have your pathetic posts to laugh at.

Pity you didnt turn up Sunday, you missed a awesome win.

Again another load of bollocks from you regarding accepting mediocrity - if you think i and other port supporters dont hurt and feel the losses after being used to years of success you are once again mistaken (add that to your growing list of nonsence), your poor attempt to put words into my mouth are failing misreably. Nobody said that we are opening champagne bottles in celebration when we lose - but what do you expect us to do ? Protest rally down Williamstown rd when we lose ? Lock the gates and not allow anybody in ? Stop attending games like come fickle club ?

Actually dont bother responding here (and dont try baiting a response it wont work) , your low iq responses is painting our club in a bad light and you are embarrassing yourself and the club. I look forward to you responding in person this Friday, that way other forum members wont have your pathetic posts to laugh at.

Thankfully, this conversation can be put to bed now.
Straty cancelled their account two days ago.

on the way home from Whitten Oval

Footscray had their first loss for the season - a late first quarter surge by the Lions was the difference

Brisbane 17-11(113) def Footscray 14-11(95)

Last edited:
Three quarter time
Port Melbourne 1.11.17
Richmond 11.7.73

Hungover from the Williamstown win?
Looks like it, flat track bullies. Can only beat stand alone sides and this Richmond side they're up against isn't even that great.

On another note, Steve Morris should come under consideration for VFL coach of the year given what hes been able to do with having restricted access to AFL listed players.

Three quarter time
Port Melbourne 1.11.17
Richmond 11.7.73

Hungover from the Williamstown win?

Yes seems like it. Last week everything worked and was in sync this week Richmond's relentless pressure all over the park restricted and embarrassed us.

Frustration crept in the playing group which led to errors, frustration was also shown by the fans, never seen such a exodus of fans so early on and ive been to one or two port games over the years. No excuses, perhaps we are not as good as we (and ill put my hand up and say i was pretty optimistic after last week and thought we were much better than that) had thought.

Didnt think we would make finals even after last weeks match but thought weld have a crack at getting there. This isnt the Port Melbourne Football Club we know and love and we know we could and should do better. Thats life HOPEFULLY we do better next season, as the street fighter commentator used to say GAME OVER !

Yes seems like it. Last week everything worked and was in sync this week Richmond's relentless pressure all over the park restricted and embarrassed us.

Frustration crept in the playing group which led to errors, frustration was also shown by the fans, never seen such a exodus of fans so early on and ive been to one or two port games over the years. No excuses, perhaps we are not as good as we (and ill put my hand up and say i was pretty optimistic after last week and thought we were much better than that) had thought.

Didnt think we would make finals even after last weeks match but thought weld have a crack at getting there. This isnt the Port Melbourne Football Club we know and love and we know we could and should do better. Thats life HOPEFULLY we do better next season, as the street fighter commentator used to say GAME OVER !
Pathetic effort , but maybe part timers on a 5 day break

What did we just see at Southport???

Williamstown player down, stretcher called. Players been in huddles for a couple minutes. Until the siren sounds and the umps call for quarter time, while time was called off and the actual clock would’ve been stopped

Short quarter, no message or statement so far

Some choke from the Suns. Gave up a 25 point lead 17 minute mark of the last quarter

2nd draw for them, Sandy with a 1 point win in the comeback last week and a comeback draw this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgers go down in a close one again, very short last term supposedly.

Meanwhile Frankston are just hanging in there ar Werribee.

Burgers go down in a close one again, very short last term supposedly.

Meanwhile Frankston are just hanging in there ar Werribee.
Werribee won by about 28 in the end.

Effort was there all game, just got drawn away from our opponents all game and let Werribee get behind us too easily. Meanwhile our forward entries were terrible. Gown did his best but was getting wrestled to the ground constantly with no whistle from the umpire.

Also shoutout to Werribee for being the most boring team I've ever watched. Imagine spending half the game chipping it around your own 50 in an effort to waste time. It's effective, but it sure isn't entertaining.

Dogs have been gettable last few weeks so it was eventually going to happen
Yep, we have been gettable lately and I mentioned it a few weeks ago. Two more in game concussion injuries to AFL listed players on Friday and another injury in the AFL game will further reduce the VFL list. AFL listed Bedendo pulled out late from the VFL game too. Might be a few more losses to come, as we would be down to 5-6 AFL listed players available now.

Concussion injuries are now having a major impact, 5 AFL listed players in the last 3 weeks.

Bad news for Essendon. Saad El-Hawli is out for 6-8 weeks. He'll have surgery on his ankle.

Footscray eligibility watch. Sounds obvious but this team isn’t going anywhere. Unless some of these are in 2s (or dogs go deep in the afl finals - unlikely)

AFL Games
Garcia 8
Daniel 10
Sanders 10
Harmes 8
Lobb 6
Khamis 10

Footscray eligibility watch. Sounds obvious but this team isn’t going anywhere. Unless some of these are in 2s (or dogs go deep in the afl finals - unlikely)

AFL Games
Garcia 8
Daniel 10
Sanders 10
Harmes 8
Lobb 6
Khamis 10

I rather most of those play AFL anyway. But the way I see it:

Darcy is back post our bye so I doubt Lobb makes it to 12.

Khamis probably ends up ineligible due to the injury to Alex Keath and Nick Coffield is still a few weeks away.

Worth remembering Croft and Clearly are injured and are quite strong VFL performers. Suddenly we probably don’t struggle so much forward of center with Lobb and Croft back. Freijah was too, but maybe comes back later on but again I rather he was in the AFL.

Daniel probably goes over due to sub. Sanders over. Harmes still around 3-4 weeks away.

I was at Coburg today it was probably close to worst game I have seen this year.

Southport won by 11 points

Attachments

• IMG_1015.jpeg
    IMG_1015.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back