2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Could only watch 1st half at Willy who dominated the first quarter with excellent skills and ball movement. Blues more competitive in the 2nd, goals traded but Willy 4 goals up at HT when I left.

Bit shocked to see final score, heard big Tom Downie kicked a goal after the siren to win it. Second ATS win for Willy this season. Like to know how the game changed after I left.

Bit stuttery lately, Willy, tough away games at Port and Southport after the bye, which is coming at the right time.

Sun out again down there, been sunny all year at Point Gellibrand.

Just curious what you see in Port Melbourne that makes you feel that it will be a tough away game ?

Truth be told i think you will win comfortably.

Just curious what you see in Port Melbourne that makes you feel that it will be a tough away game ?

Truth be told i think you will win comfortably.
Maybe ingrained from a historical perspective but I've always seen Port at Port as difficult.

Plus playing two lowly AFL teams at home the last 2 weeks have needed late goals to win. Willy not at their best lately.

Luke Parker hearing is underway

VFL seeking a 6 game ban

Here is the injury report on Josh Smith

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 23
The verdict is in

Luke Parker suspended for 6 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reasons given for the Luke Parker suspension

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 21
The reasons given for the Luke Parker suspension
Personally I think 4 weeks was the right penalty. One thing about this and I have watched it over and over…..whilst Parker definitely owes Smith a duty of care, Smith owes one to himself. Watching him running with no awareness is unusual given the lack of speed Parker was travelling at. Parker did not appear out of nowhere, Smith is particularly oblivious to anything around and I really should have been more aware. Parker was tracking the ball until the other Swan kicked it so how Smith was unaware is remarkable really.

The extra 2 weeks are for the outcome.

People will think I am blaming Smith, that is wrong. Parker initiated the contact and should pay the price for the head lash his actions caused. What I am saying is that Smith did contribute to the outcome through his lack of awareness. If Parker does not contact, nothing happens and we are not discussing this, so the culpable person is Parker …. If Smith is more aware, the result may have been no headclash or lesser injuries. I feel the tribunal assessment is not accurate.

Can't believe the rest of the VFL draw isn't finalised yet. From round 14 we have no idea what day and start time the matches are. Seriously what's taking so long.

Can't believe the rest of the VFL draw isn't finalised yet. From round 14 we have no idea what day and start time the matches are. Seriously what's taking so long.
Same reason as why the VFL fixture was released so late earlier this year...because its all left to the clubs.
And right now the clubs have much bigger issues than to worry about a reserves competition fixture.

This has been the case since the new VFL began post COVID, best to get used to it.

Not sure where this whole thing about “Smith should’ve been more aware” is coming from. I don’t think anyone would be expecting to cop a massive bump like that so far from the footy, otherwise everyone would be playing like timid little kids. Last I checked a shepherd didn’t involve needing to bump a player either, especially not in the modern game. 6 weeks May have been a tad harsh but let’s not start blaming Smith for any part of the incident.

Not sure where this whole thing about “Smith should’ve been more aware” is coming from. I don’t think anyone would be expecting to cop a massive bump like that so far from the footy, otherwise everyone would be playing like timid little kids. Last I checked a shepherd didn’t involve needing to bump a player either, especially not in the modern game. 6 weeks May have been a tad harsh but let’s not start blaming Smith for any part of the incident.
So far from the footy , go to OPSM sport and no one is blaming Smith , it was awareness from a tradie against a AFL veteran

Sydney have decided to appeal Luke Parker 6 game suspension

Luke Parker’s appeal will be heard on Monday

In other news remainder of VFL Fixture should be out by end of next week

First game of weekend about to get underway at Tramway Oval

Sydney vs Northern Bullants

Weather is Max 20 degrees

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back