2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Outshot undefeated Footscray and came the closest to any to beating them today.. change 3 posters for 3 goals and they win.. meanwhile Willi got smacked on their home deck by them a few weeks back.. good supporter you are though
A month is a long time in VFL football, particularly for AFL Reserves teams.

Footscray were flying a month ago but injuries are mounting at AFL level (Libba, Johannisen, Weightman, Coffield and Gardner) in the last month and you can add 3 more from the Swans game - Naughton, Scott and Richards.

Footscray will come back to the pack until some of these return so don't be surprised if they lose a few over the next few weeks. O'Donnell was also a late withdrawal from the Swans game which meant Sanders was also pulled out of the Footscray team.

Last Saturday was a bit of a danger game for Footscray with Port improving lately, so not surprised Port got close.

Good VFL players both Gowers and McCoomb, but both given plenty of opportunities at AFL level at the Dogs.

Have seen plenty of very good 2nd tier players who couldn't make it at AFL level and the these 2 can be added to the list.

Good recruiting by Port and wish they were at Willy.

Yes very good recruiting from Port the last two years ( despite a disgruntled Port poster not agreeing) not making finals is inexcusable - it was unofficially stated that the club wanted top 4.

Not complaining, after all a club official stated we are playing exceptional (when we had back to back losses) and last weeks performance was described by one fan as playing fantastic !!

Yes very good recruiting from Port the last two years ( despite a disgruntled Port poster not agreeing) not making finals is inexcusable - it was unofficially stated that the club wanted top 4.

Not complaining, after all a club official stated we are playing exceptional (when we had back to back losses) and last weeks performance was described by one fan as playing fantastic !!
Port Melbourne had every right to think that they should be playing finals but while they recruit well player retention was the issue.

Early season losses will cost them in the end, should have beaten Frankston at home and Casey in Frankston too, should have done a lot better v Carlton and definitley should have held on to beat the suns. Tough few weeks coming up

Port Melbourne had every right to think that they should be playing finals but while they recruit well player retention was the issue.

Early season losses will cost them in the end, should have beaten Frankston at home and Casey in Frankston too, should have done a lot better v Carlton and definitley should have held on to beat the suns. Tough few weeks coming up
Put all the eggs in 1 basket with Pat Voss

Different times now mate
This Saturday night Sandringham will play at Frankston for first time since May 17 2015 (3304 days)
I was at that game listening to Frankston goose on the wing calling out to Clinton Jones,when are you coming out?walked round to the grandstand and could still hear him calling out.

When are we getting the updated fixture? I thought it was going to come with the AFL one. But 2 weeks later still nothing
It's ridiculous,that round is only 4 weeks away. The standalone clashes should come out with the day and time. The AFL aligned clubs r still trying to work out what day they want to play. As a member of a standalone club I hate the arrogance of the AFL and their clubs.

Never get disgruntled when dealing in facts.

Our RDR is crap and this list has turned over 1.5 times in two years under current regime. Realise for a toss you are in the GMs pocket so you would be happy with that not the majority of supporters. Also sure you are happy at 2-6 as well, good on ya.

How have the remaining 20 recruits gone or we wait for the community radio statistician to let us know? I like Phillipa as we call him but most of the rest no good.

This is a post on recruitment so no need to respond as even you admit you have no idea.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft
First round

1. North Melbourne - Geordie Payne (Tasmania/Coates Talent League)
2. Richmond - Jacob Blight (Peel Thunder/WAFL)
3. West Coast - Jack Hutchinson (Collingwood/VFL)
4. St Kilda - Max Hall (Box Hill/VFL)

5. Hawthorn - Jasper Scaife (West Perth/WAFL)
6. Brisbane - Will McLachlan (Geelong Falcons/Coates Talent League)
7. Adelaide - Toby Murray (Adelaide/SANFL)
8. Western Bulldogs - Kelsey Rypstra (North Adelaide/SANFL)
9. Carlton - Cooper Lord (North Melbourne/VFL)
10. Collingwood - Iliro Smit (Eastern Ranges/Coates Talent League)
11. Melbourne - Luker Kentfield (Subiaco/WAFL)
12. Port Adelaide - Logan Evans (Port Adelaide/SANFL)
13. Essendon - Saad El-Hawli (Northern Bullants/VFL)
14. Sydney - Tom Hanily (Gippsland Power/Coates Talent League)

Second round

15. North Melbourne - Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle/WAFL)
16. Richmond - Campbell Gray (Essendon/VFL)
17. Brisbane - Luke Beecken (Woodville-West Torrens/SANFL)
18. Adelaide - Pass
19. Collingwood - Ned Long (Collingwood/VFL)

Third round

20. Richmond - Pass
21. Brisbane - Darcy Craven (East Perth/WAFL)
22. Adelaide - Pass

Fourth round

23. Brisbane - Pass

Another 6 VFL listed players are now on AFL lists including Northern Bullant, Saad El-Hawli
Am I right in thinking Ned Long is the only recycled player on that list?

Never get disgruntled when dealing in facts.

Our RDR is crap and this list has turned over 1.5 times in two years under current regime. Realise for a toss you are in the GMs pocket so you would be happy with that not the majority of supporters. Also sure you are happy at 2-6 as well, good on ya.

How have the remaining 20 recruits gone or we wait for the community radio statistician to let us know? I like Phillipa as we call him but most of the rest no good.

This is a post on recruitment so no need to respond as even you admit you have no idea.

Lol you have to be the funniest Port supporter i have ever met and ive met many of our colourful characters. Reason i say that is because every time you post you posts fictitious info and state it as fact. Your list of mistakes including stating
Free bus rides,
Memberships all time low,
Only 200 fans at Frankston,
3wbc doesnt have a pod cast has now been increased with stating that i tossed the coin (i wasnt even at that game) and that im delighted with 2-6.

Every time you post you post errors, you really are showing that you are absolutely clueless.

Btw theirs a few people that would love to meet you, dont be shy to introduce yourself this Sunday.

Lol you have to be the funniest Port supporter i have ever met and ive met many of our colourful characters. Reason i say that is because every time you post you posts fictitious info and state it as fact. Your list of mistakes including stating
Free bus rides,
Memberships all time low,
Only 200 fans at Frankston,
3wbc doesnt have a pod cast has now been increased with stating that i tossed the coin (i wasnt even at that game) and that im delighted with 2-6.

Every time you post you post errors, you really are showing that you are absolutely clueless.

Btw theirs a few people that would love to meet you, dont be shy to introduce yourself this Sunday.
Can't wait lol

The discussion was regarding the players we recruited this season not the season prior. Do you always respond to points of difference with irrelevance?

As for Frankston their were around 1,000 people so not bad for a home game played 50 ks away from home, it's just that many didn't chose to take the bus.

Regarding team performance we are playing exceptional, and once we get going we will be unstoppable. I heard us say it on the radio earlier this week so it must be true.
Oh, for the late comers, here is your quote stating you believed ‘their’ (Lol) were 1000 supporters. I did state 200, because that’s what myself and others that were there saw, not the volunteer statistician at a community radio station seeing multiples via his coke bottle glasses. Give it a rest old timer before you burst a vein.

Oh, for the late comers, here is your quote stating you believed their were 1000 supporters. I did state 200, because that’s what we all estimated.
Even last year for the Anzac eve game there was not 1000 and that was a great night , once we got in , couldn't get a feed as well . They need to improve at Franga

Oh, for the late comers, here is your quote stating you believed ‘their’ (Lol) were 1000 supporters. I did state 200, because that’s what myself and others that were there saw, not the volunteer statistician at a community radio station seeing multiples via his coke bottle glasses. Give it a rest old timer before you burst a vein.

Why would anybody believe what you have to say when you have a history of posting mistakes, yould have to be mad to believe your word over official sources when nearly each post of yours has mistakes, i can hear people as loud and clear as the Northport oval siren saying "hes got so many things wrong in the past but surely he must be right with this one, hes eventually got to post something correct" lol

As for ypur comments regarding the G.M. - another mistake, never spoken to the G.M.

Your senseless garbage is clogging up the forum, no need to reply here - we will continue this discussion on Sunday when yoh introduce yourself. Until then take care and see you Sunday.

Why would anybody believe what you have to say when you have a history of posting mistakes, yould have to be mad to believe your word over official sources when nearly each post of yours has mistakes, i can hear people as loud and clear as the Northport oval siren saying "hes got so many things wrong in the past but surely he must be right with this one, hes eventually got to post something correct" lol

As for ypur comments regarding the G.M. - another mistake, never spoken to the G.M.

Your senseless garbage is clogging up the forum, no need to reply here - we will continue this discussion on Sunday when yoh introduce yourself. Until then take care and see you Sunday.
Again, you do not understand Bigfooty Tossel

I’ll reply anytime I like to your dribble eg 1000 spectators, community radio statistitian, low members blah blah

End of day you can accept mediocrity but majority of true Port supporters will not.

Crap RDR, list turnover and current coaching regime sitting at a win loss of 15-29 Thats right Tossel we have won 15 of our last 44 games or 34% ratio tossel. what AFL or VFL current coach is on that? Again, you accept and hate other supporters identifying and challenging the situation whilst you have your head up your backside. Hang your head in shame on Sunday please. the majority do not accept the situation in such a significant milestone year for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 VFL Season - Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back