List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Connell also looks taller than his listed height of 189cm and looked quite comfortable on the training track late last year. Hastie is the real wildcard though, 190cm+, quick, smart, can play small and tall - I'm expecting him to start round 1.

Fiiiinally, there is no way Nas is only 187cm tall. His defensive play has improved 10 fold, he will be super important to help out Doug, Wilkie and unnamed battle replacement.
Yep. Forgot about our Irish player.

It's probably just the classic St Kilda pessimism speaking but I can't help but feel like this is going to backfire on us somehow.
We’ll miss him. But we have to hand over the baton to our new generation.
I know it sounds weird bc we’ve just taken a 30 yr old Macrae but that was absolutely a position of need.
Cama, Sharman, King, Owens need to be playing together regularly from here on in.

It's probably just the classic St Kilda pessimism speaking but I can't help but feel like this is going to backfire on us somehow.

Of course it will the Pies will win a flag while he is there. The AFL could fix it overnight by bringing back the salary cap allowance to pay senior players outside the cap. I cant remember what it was called but in the past each club could pay two of their more senior players and have their salary sit outside the cap.

They seem to like player mobility but players like Membrey, Parker, Macrae etc shouldnt have to move clubs because they have reached their use by date at their own clubs. The AFL should allow similiar players to play out their days at their original clubs. Loyalty still does mean something in footy clubs and the league should engender that.

Of course it will the Pies will win a flag while he is there. The AFL could fix it overnight by bringing back the salary cap allowance to pay senior players outside the cap. I cant remember what it was called but in the past each club could pay two of their more senior players and have their salary sit outside the cap.

They seem to like player mobility but players like Membrey, Parker, Macrae etc shouldnt have to move clubs because they have reached their use by date at their own clubs. The AFL should allow similiar players to play out their days at their original clubs. Loyalty still does mean something in footy clubs and the league should engender that.
I agree with you here...but I think it (loyalty) only means something to us fans these days...and even then, only to those mostly over the age of 40.
I think everything is just about getting the final result (in this case a premiership flag) as quickly as possible. Hard decisions I suppose are easier to make when loyalty is removed from the equation.

Last edited:

Members has been a very good player for us and i'm sad to see him go but he is a classic example of why we have meandered for so long. We picked him up for free in our moneyball era and gave him games because he was good enough to get in our team and we wanted to look smart. He is still a very capable player and would look great in the right system but we need to move on. He's a perfect addition for a premiership contending team, and we are not that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back