List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Tim Membrey, I know everyone has their R U OK stickers on their car and everyone loves to talk about mental health but when push comes to shove, there's still a stigma around damaged goods.

A well known high profile supporter of beyond blue and many other mental health programs is an investor in my old company. I say my old company because I was let go due to my depression and anxiety issues. Do you think he did anything to intervene or actually care when push came to shove?

We have a long way to go as a society to erase the stigma associated with men's (mental) health and I would suggest that is part of the reason for the lack of interest in Membrey. People don't want to invest in damaged goods and that's very hard for me to say based on my current situation.

David Misson on Trade Radio

• Brendon Goddard to coach the VFL team
  • Cole and Hofmann under strong consideration
  • Battle replaceable by Arie, Hastie, McLennan
  • No talks with WB on Macrae
  • Preliminary talks with PA on Soldo but they have other priorities
  • No decision on Tim
  • Hayes free to move

Also, whoever writes the tweets for Trade Radio wrote; Ari Shoemakers, McClennan, Hoffman

My head might explode
Sounds like half the blokes on this forum writing Macrae every way it's not spelled and also I've seen Sheil way too many times.

Special mention to Jack Stevens and Xavier Clark.

What if we're bottom four next year? It's not impossible. I get the swap if it's a straight swap but why throw in the 27 which is a nice pick in this draft.
List numbers.

It’s 9 if Membrey or crouch remain.

Macrae
Soldo
Pick 7
Pick 8
Pick 9
Cole
Hofmann
Peckett
Sandy Rookie

And if they both go. We have been linked to Ethan Phillips for the 10th vacancy.

List numbers.

Macrae
Soldo
Pick 7
Pick 8
Pick 9
Cole
Hofmann
Peckett
Sandy Rookie

And if they both go. We have been linked to Ethan Phillips for the 10th vacancy.
Im starting to think one of those three academy/FS boys will end up at Sandy so we can take them next year as the Sandy rookie

Might be Peckett given we’re bringing in 3+ mids and have retained Jones too. Also potentially Curtis Taylor. Peckett would probably spend the entire season in the VFL anyway. If no one bids on Cole I’d keep him at Sandy because I don’t see him getting an AFL game in 2025 but think we’ll be obligated to match

Who ever decided we would take a Sandy player each year should be sacked, the reality is Sandy won't have an AFL standard player every year & i'd also say didn't have one this year.

Drop the idea admit it won't work every year and move on list spots are vital.
The whole point is to attract better quality players to Sandy long term, which won't happen if we don't actually follow through with the commitment to add someone to our list. By showing it is a genuine path to an AFL contract, better players will come to Sandy instead of just the scraps.

Does the increasing likelihood of Clarry being traded to Geelong make Melbourne more or less of a threat for a trade for Essendon's pick 9?

Argument for yes: Essendon see Melbourne as more likely to finish low if they have a midfield or, er, Petracca maybe(?), Jack Viney???, um, Caleb Windsor?

Argument for no: Melbourne are less likely to trade away their future picks because of the above

The whole point is to attract better quality players to Sandy long term, which won't happen if we don't actually follow through with the commitment to add someone to our list. By showing it is a genuine path to an AFL contract, better players will come to Sandy instead of just the scraps.
The alignment hasn't bared fruit for years & will probably die when the AFL run their own reserve comp.

When does the final draft nomination list get finalised?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List numbers.

Macrae
Soldo
Pick 7
Pick 8
Pick 9
Cole
Hofmann
Peckett
Sandy Rookie

Surely the club doesnt think that the 3 kids mentioned can fill the CHB position. Battle was nearly under sized for the position and they roll out those kids names. All three are just finding their feet playing a flankers role, thats a ridiculous thing for Misson to suggest.

Honestly Misson needs to be sent off to do some media training, he is about as interesting to listen to as someone eaking out their 'last wishes'.

Surely the club doesnt think that the 3 kids mentioned can fill the CHB position. Battle was nearly under sized for the position and they roll out those kids names. All three are just finding their feet playing a flankers role, thats a ridiculous thing for Misson to suggest.

Honestly Misson needs to be sent off to do some media training, he is about as interesting to listen to as someone eaking out their 'last wishes'.
Wilkie Howard Cordy Caminiti with Hastie Arie off the flanks

And who is to say we don’t draft Tauru or Trainor or some other big?

And interest in Ethan Philips as a freebie

Wilkie Howard Cordy Caminiti with Hastie Arie off the flanks

And who is to say we don’t draft Tauru or Trainor or some other big?

And interest in Ethan Philips as a freebie

Thats it capatin obvious but my point is why not say that, excluding Phillips of course. Then even to expect a kid like Tauru or Trainor in their first year to hold down CHB is ridiculous. Misson is a media/marketing teams worst night mare...as boring as bat sh*t. Was he an undertaker before he go involved in the industry? :D

Port fans genuinely think they will be getting a second round pick for Soldo. Seems a ridiculous asking price for a back up ruck
Agreed, though it is regretful we didn’t use the second rounder on Xerri when North gave us the chance.

Oh well, was overs at the timer and unders now, how it goes. Soldo probably worth a third.

Thats it capatin obvious but my point is why not say that, excluding Phillips of course. Then even to expect a kid like Tauru or Trainor in their first year to hold down CHB is ridiculous. Misson is a media/marketing teams worst night mare...as boring as bat sh*t. Was he an undertaker before he go involved int he industry? :D
I thought it a bit surprising that Mission went to GM of Footy from a fitness boss background. Seems like a big jump up, although he has proved capable so far just a bit dry and serious.

For anyone who’s behind, the current state of St Kilda’s list as of: 11/10/2024

Out:

Tom Campbell - delisted
Matthew Allison - delisted
Riley Bonner - delisted
James Van Es - delisted
Seb Ross - delisted
Josh Battle - free agency

In:

Pick 8 - free agency band 1 compensation

Current 2024 draft picks: 7, 8, 27, 46

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a difference a day makes, everyone was singing Smillies praises yesterday after his honest and well spoken interview - today he is the Bo Callaghan of the AFL. Which I did suggest some months ago when asked who was the most likely candidate this year, not that I am privy to any information pertaining to birthday party attendances.

Having said that, a bit of figjam is what most kids need to get themselves through all of the pathways, I sure as shit didn't have it and got nowhere in the end. It's not like he bullied disabled kids or anything even if the figjam stories are remotely true...

Anyway, I really wanted to keep pick 27 but if we can use it to snag pick 9, well, so be it. If we desperately want a slider on draft night, last year (Garcia or was it Hastie) proved there's ways to sneak back in to the draft.
as long as we get 3 first round picks and David God Damn Putney cause we feel like it...i dont care

Thats it capatin obvious but my point is why not say that, excluding Phillips of course. Then even to expect a kid like Tauru or Trainor in their first year to hold down CHB is ridiculous. Misson is a media/marketing teams worst night mare...as boring as bat sh*t. Was he an undertaker before he go involved in the industry? :D
Did someone tell you his job was to keep you entertained?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back