Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

11 & 67 -> North F1 & 44 (likely in the 30’s on draft night)

10, 18, 30, 44

Then Baker and Owies help WC win more games than North in 2025 and we have a better pick than them for Chad. Plus Bolton is disgruntled and comes for our 2025 R1.

The eagles trade feels like when someone has to manufacture a question (what to do with pick 3?) to justify the answer (Liam Baker).
That’s literally all it is
To make it worse I think McQualters appointment was another play to get Baker and Graham

They must be keeping Barras now or surely they would have just used his picks to get the Baker thing done ?

It’s truly bizarre

I would say its still possible we pay a stupid price for Bolton and everyone gets upset.
it'll be 10 + 18 + scraps/swaps. they need the picks more than we "need" Bolton.

don't get me wrong, i rate Bolton and think he'll greatly bolster our finals chances/top 6 relevance. hope we do get him, even if we're paying overs to do it (10 +18 is already overs, anything more is stoopid). but "need" is felt more deeply when you're starting a potentially years long rebuild.

everyone thinks you can rebound fast now, because of what Mitchell's done at Hawks ('rebuild' tracking way ahead of schedule).

Yze yet to prove, even with fresh cattle, he's capable of what Mitchell's done.

i f hate Mitchell, but even i can concede he was basically the best coach in the comp (for that group) in the back half of last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can stop laughing at WC for a minute,
encino man smile GIF

All for west coast cooking their rebuild with this trade but why did they have to let Carlton benefit. Wonder if they will pull off another Paddy Dow special with pick 3 this year.

All for west coast cooking their rebuild with this trade but why did they have to let Carlton benefit. Wonder if they will pull off another Paddy Dow special with pick 3 this year.
That’s my hope. I feel like the chances of them picking a dud with 3 is a lot higher than them getting both 12 and 14 wrong so I don’t mind it too much

Can we just bid on Champion now and hope they match with their no picks!

The default being that if they don’t match Champion becomes a gun small!

Oh my golly. I’m too giddy with how they’ve gone about this.

All the moving parts like a domino effect of getting worse!

Owies? I can’t even bring myself to stop laughing that Owies was the forgot breaker on 12&14 for 3.

Please please please can we get Bolton for 10 and 18 and unexpected value back our way.

Or they could choose to match and go into a deficit for 2025. That might even be enough to drop their 2025 1st down a spot depending on if/when the bids come for Champion, and where they finish next year.

What makes it even funnier (if that is possible), is that Carlton have 69, 72, 73, but WC could only get 73 for 63+68. They are actually helping Carlton to match Campo bids while sabotaging their own bid matching.

Richmond surely can feel satiated enough in getting that for Baker to wander out of the red mist and have a moment of clarity. The 10 & 18 is a good deal for Bolton, get over yourselves and take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back