News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A pick inside the top 6 is likely to give you a much better chance than pick 18 still. We need a down year to draft a star mid and chase a free agent or trade of an elite player.
we might need a down year or 2, but the amount of cr*p on here and elsewhere whilst we are in a down year, will be just awful. someone already wants Bassatt gorn.

we might need a down year or 2, but the amount of cr*p on here and elsewhere whilst we are in a down year, will be just awful. someone already wants Bassatt gorn.
nothings changed in regards to our team from last year or the years before

we still need a gun midfielder or 2 and a quality KPP backman. the alarmist behavior of some is out of kilter, we knew this

heat is off

Even worse, the Saints' pressure rating over the past two weeks against Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs sits at a combined -56.

Champion Data notes that this is the eighth worst two-week stretch on record (with the pressure rating first being recorded in 2010) and the worst back-to-back combined rating by a club since 2021.

Reasonable article but if punters can't understand that our inability to win clearances and CP's is what's killing us then l can't give them much legitimacy. Even at full strength Port would have us out gunned.
Port sub. 3x AA, 2x B&F, 352 games, 204 goals.
Saints sub: less than 1 game 🤔
You just wonder how we'd go if we started games with the same intensity and approach as we did rolling the dice, down late against GWS and Port, we look pretty dangerous with more pace on the game.

We were pretty much on par for clearances against port, even with an average midfield.

We've got Owen with a massive contested possession rate of 58%, but won't play him in the middle. 🤷‍♂️

that article might make me very depressed as a saints supporter. but its probably true.
Doesn't depress me - what would have depressed me was bottoming out for 5 years when we owed the league squillions and then ending up in Tasmania.

Its the thing everyone forgets when they talk about our trade and drafting over the past 5 years.

Last edited:
heat is off

Even worse, the Saints' pressure rating over the past two weeks against Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs sits at a combined -56.

Champion Data notes that this is the eighth worst two-week stretch on record (with the pressure rating first being recorded in 2010) and the worst back-to-back combined rating by a club since 2021.
That stat is just flat out deflating.

Yep, that was me. He made his bed so now he needs too lie in it.

Making finals last year changed everyone's expectations. It's natural everyone is going to be pissed off they're not performing at the same level as that side that made finals.

Finals rightly should be the rule and not the exception.

You just wonder how we'd go if we started games with the same intensity and approach as we did rolling the dice, down late against GWS and Port, we look pretty dangerous with more pace on the game.

We were pretty much on par for clearances against port, even with an average midfield.

We've got Owen with a massive contested possession rate of 58%, but won't play him in the middle. 🤷‍♂️
I'm holding judgement till we get some players back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let the tank begin
We're not going anywhere, may as well play the up and comers and get games into them.
What are the top 5 midfielders like this year in the draft?
We could finish as low as 2nd pick and as high as fifth. Any Harveys this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back