Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 7, last 24th June)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 90.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Funnily enough if Rachele moved and it enabled us to get a topline established mid in, I'd do it or if it enabled us to get pick 1 or 2 in this draft I would do it. Ie if say Richmond wanted him badly and offered us their pick for him so we could get FOS or Smillie along with Draper in this draft.

Now don't get me wrong I see a big upside to Rachele and are more than happy for him to stay with us long term but right now I think he is not being handled correctly and it could be a win win if it allowed us to really get a top end projected mid along with the one hopefully we will get with our own top 5 pick.
Agreed but I wouldn't feel comfortable in Reid or Hamish were the spuds in charge of negotiating that deal

Ok Crypto, we do like a rumour and hope the poster isn’t full of manure, reckon these are your first bit of info. Without naming a source is it coming from someone in club land, agent etc and how confident you in your source?

Rob I can see going, might explain why we aren’t playing him.
Can’t see us needing Draper if we are getting Moyle.
Rachelle doesn’t look happy so that wouldn’t surprise.
As for Taylor why would he want to stick around so he might get a go on the half forward flank at some stage, but if we lost him due to lack of opportunity and he turns out, that’s just going to be ****ed and typical of this shitshow.
Would you believe I made it all up 😉 at least the draper part for dramatic effect

Funnily enough if Rachele moved and it enabled us to get a topline established mid in, I'd do it or if it enabled us to get pick 1 or 2 in this draft I would do it. Ie if say Richmond wanted him badly and offered us their pick for him so we could get FOS or Smillie along with Draper in this draft.

Now don't get me wrong I see a big upside to Rachele and are more than happy for him to stay with us long term but right now I think he is not being handled correctly and it could be a win win if it allowed us to really get a top end projected mid along with the one hopefully we will get with our own top 5 pick.
We have as much chance of getting pick 1 or 2 for Rachele as we do of winning this years flag. Everyone’s seen all the vision this year, it’s not a secret just known by us. Imagine trying to sell that to your supporter base, giving up
a top pick for a player who’s scared of contact. They’d burn the place down.

On the rumour board, so probably no substance, someone has said Rohan Marshall is unhappy at the Saints.
He would be a good get.
29 at end of year and is contracted for another 3 years. Did sign his extension before his breakout last year, but would cost a lot of money and a long contract to attract.

The last time ROB and Draper went head to head

I thought we wanted to upgrade ROB?

Essendon
Sam Draper 17 HO's

Peter Wright 7 HO's
Harrison Jones 1 HO

Adelaide
Reilly O'Brien 40 HO's

Riley Thilthorpe 2 Ho's
Going to add any context here? Of course not.

Like it being back in 2021? Draper's 14th game at AFL vs ROB with a touch over 50 games? Draper being 22 years old compared to Rob at 25?

Draper had 6 clearances for the game, equal second most on the ground with Laird, only behind Stringer. Rob had just 1 himself. Both had 10 touches, Draper wins with marks and tackles - rather irrelevant either way.

Or since hitouts = better ruckman, how about the score? 84 to 21 their way, odd with such dominance in hitout numbers...

-------------

I'm not really high on Draper myself but just love the concept of throwing up hitouts and thinking that proves a point. ROB is averaging the most hitouts in the comp this season, so he's the best ruck out there too?

Ok Crypto, we do like a rumour and hope the poster isn’t full of manure, reckon these are your first bit of info. Without naming a source is it coming from someone in club land, agent etc and how confident you in your source?

Rob I can see going, might explain why we aren’t playing him.
Can’t see us needing Draper if we are getting Moyle.
Rachelle doesn’t look happy so that wouldn’t surprise.
As for Taylor why would he want to stick around so he might get a go on the half forward flank at some stage, but if we lost him due to lack of opportunity and he turns out, that’s just going to be ****ed and typical of this shitshow.
Outside of the last line, the rest has been floated here previously so doesn't seem too outlandish.

Rachele one is a waste of time imo, I'm sure clubs are "looking" but it won't go anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to add any context here? Of course not.

Like it being back in 2021? Draper's 14th game at AFL vs ROB with a touch over 50 games? Draper being 22 years old compared to Rob at 25?

Draper had 6 clearances for the game, equal second most on the ground with Laird, only behind Stringer. Rob had just 1 himself. Both had 10 touches, Draper wins with marks and tackles - rather irrelevant either way.

Or since hitouts = better ruckman, how about the score? 84 to 21 their way, odd with such dominance in hitout numbers...

-------------

I'm not really high on Draper myself but just love the concept of throwing up hitouts and thinking that proves a point. ROB is averaging the most hitouts in the comp this season, so he's the best ruck out there too?

Draper's a spud. The last time we played them in rd. 6 he had 5 possessions and should've given away the game losing free kick. The only Essendon player with a lower ranking than him that day was the sub who played 13% game time.

On the rumour board, so probably no substance, someone has said Rohan Marshall is unhappy at the Saints.
He would be a good get.

Rowan Marshall however, is a gun. Probably with Witts at just below Gawn and Grundy on the ruck totem pole. Takes marks, can kick a goal, gets plenty of the ball. Influences games. If there's even a hint of unrest with him, throw 5 years of serious $ at him.

35 year old Todd Goldstein immediately became the Bombers leading ruck when they recruited him ..think about that for a second and ask yourself if Draper is an upgrade on ROB. That's of course when Draper's not in the medical room instead of on the playing field.

If we're upgrading ROB I don't see Draper as a significant upgrade, in fact I'd be in group that don't think he's an upgrade at all. We should be looking to do better than Draper who incidentally is contracted for 2025.

35 year old Todd Goldstein immediately became the Bombers leading ruck when they recruited him ..think about that for a second and ask yourself if Draper is an upgrade on ROB. That's of course when Draper's not in the medical room instead of on the playing field.

If we're upgrading ROB I don't see Draper as a significant upgrade, in fact I'd be in group that don't think he's an upgrade at all. We should be looking to do better than Draper who incidentally is contracted for 2025.
Are we becoming the North Melbourne of the last decade? Going after anyone who will come here regardless.

I wouldnt worry about the Draper chat, Crypto himself said he added it for dramatic effect so spending any energy thinking about it is pointless. Moyle excites me. Sam Jacobs vibe with that style of player and recruitment.

Back