Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Rumor summary October 16

• Stalemate on the Peatling trade as of 4pm, with us threatening to send him to the PSD (link)

Last edited:
Lindsay would be good

An elite outside mid that can eventually play inside . Lethal kick

Yep , after watching that I wouldn’t be too confident at all if I was Tyler

I’d be heading to the gym and oval tomorrow but waiting a few weeks to take my top off with the lads
If we had the list spot I'd be pushing the F1 for Lindsay agenda so hard

As dynamic as anyone in this draft

It really is funny how stage managed the trade period is.

These negotiations were already done well before today. Most likely fleshed out before the trade period.

Trade Period is theatre.

Extend it out to give the talking heads enough time to generate discussion/click bait. They spin as much BS as they want. In between the ads on Trade Radio...
Then trickle feed a few minor trades.
The day before the end a controversial trade to generate discussion/clickbait.
Then create a TV event and have the majority of players movement occur during that telecast.View attachment 2144969
And people had the nerve to have a crack at me to say it's not.

It's so obvious

If we don't pick him, we'll just use #64? I wouldn't mind doing some bundling of picks instead to try and move up the order if we're not going to commit to him.

Even in a deep deaft, #64 is a whole lot of meh.
It'll move in to somewhere in the early 50's, but yeah, if we take someone else instead of Welsh you'd think we'd be using one or two of the F3's to move up

That's probably a reasonable assessment

Also - given he showed up looking like an NFL linebacker - and we are publically staying ambivalent toward him, it probably prevents an early tactical bid from someone

Because they may have to take him in a strong draft. Assuming he gets past 40 no doubt we grab him - we bought him into the fold for the whole year!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can see a Fox footy last minute exclusive where the Stringer deal is back on and the paperwork was lodged 0.05 seconds before the deadline.

I was about a minute out!

AFL needs to change up the trade period because it is becoming laughable how all of these last minute deals miraculously happened. I’m sure we spent 8 hours a day for the last 10 days haggling with GWS over a future third round pick.

Josh Worrell has turned out ok
Josh's biggest problem according to his coaches at the Sandringham Dragons Josh Bourke and Jackson Kornberg was self belied and work ethic at U16's which he straighten out as an underager and a top ager when he decided he wanted to be drafted.

So not really like Tyler Welsh at all who has gone the other way it appears, over confident if anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh's biggest problem according to his coaches at the Sandringham Dragons Josh Bourke and Jackson Kornberg was self belied and work ethic at U16's which he straighten out as an underager and a top ager when he decided he wanted to be drafted.

So not really like Tyler Welsh at all who has gone the other way it appears, over confident if anything.
His first couple of pre season with us don’t say that

Jack is this year , super longshot to be drafted at all
Might be one we target through the new SANFL rules re the Crows ans Powa?

Zero chance of getting drafted IMO especially this draft.

I suspect that's the plan.

The word was we were super worried about him last year and that's why we got him into the club a year early.

If he hasn't got the message by now.....
18 year old who probably was able to get by on pure talent since he was a kid and now he's reaching that stage where that's just not enough anymore. Wont be the first or last kid it happens to, so bring him in and hope he gets it once he's in that environment full-time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back