Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get why Hewitt and Kennedy weren’t selected…why did we need two rucks are we fkg around with selection for the finals ? If that’s it well GAGF
Totally out coached AGAIN
I feel for Paddy
The loss is on Voss and our selection committee.

Changed a winning formula and he has zero ability to alter his game plan after 1/4 time every week.

Any team with speed and a decent stoppage game will have our measure.

Cottrell Pitto Hollands Kemp surely don’t get a run next week.

Hopefully Voss isn’t our Leon Cameron but I fear he may be.

Tonight’s poor players who should not be getting a game.

Marchbank - irrelevant
Boyd - missed EVERY target
Hollands - the younger one has no vision
Newman - went missing for anyone half
Owies - did he even play after the first 10 minutes
How have you not included pitto, cerra and cotts :/

I am very reliably told that is all about leg speed, especially in defence. Coaching staff don't believe we can win big games this way. I am also told Hewett is struggling with a back issue. Right or wrong that is the reasoning

If Hewett is carrying an injury then obviously understandable that he was dropped but if it’s due to leg speed then it’s short sighted as we don’t have replacements that actually have any. Better off accepting our list limitations & backing ourselves in than being stuck in between

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am tired of people justifying average performances by saying players cover a lot of ground, hold their structure or try. It's BS. This is AFL football and you need to add more

Cottrell is a dumb footballer. He need to play a role and be committed or is a waste of space
Ollie has talent, but does NOT have the size or awareness yet to justify his spot
Marchbank is done
If Pittonet isn't physically imposing he is very limited
I am also tired of Charlie's lack of effort especially defensively.

If you want to be a flag contender these things cannot be tolerated and every week we have to many passengers
Agree 100%. Is Voss and MC that oblivious and out of touch with what’s been served up the last two weeks.

No McGovern hurt, Marchbank and Kemp are so far off it. Newman had a shocking day and had 4 goals or so scored directly off him being slack/dumb.

I thought Kemp was good. Gov was poor last week, but would have done better than Marchbank who was horrific. I'd play Akuei over Marchbank right now.

I am very reliably told that is all about leg speed, especially in defence. Coaching staff don't believe we can win big games this way. I am also told Hewett is struggling with a back issue. Right or wrong that is the reasoning
We went ok against Essendon and Geelong….poor selections have cost us

Got some angry emojis and curiosity a few weeks ago when I said still am scarred and can't fully trust this team and still careful about when or if I'm fully taking the lid off.

Quarters 2-3 last and this week I present to you as evidence your honour.
I agree. It is the trust that gets a beating with efforts like this.

We are playing selfish, arrogant football and it has likely cost us a top 2 spot.

Curnow - this has been building for weeks, but has crossed new boundaries today for selfishness. 3.7 and blazing away from 55 out rather than looking for a team mate when we desperately need to take our chances to win. He had 11 kicks and 10 shots at goal which pretty much says it all.

Our backline. I'm going to ignore Marchbank who shouldn't have played and was essentially a witches hat, but our 3 taller defenders (Weitering, Kemp, Newman) took 32 marks and had 22 intercept possessions between them... and bled goals. They flew for marks that weren't there, refused to block space or just simply defend, and gave away lazy free kicks when the ball was on the ground.

Voss needs to have a good think about what he is doing and the messages he sends too. He's dropped veteran players like Hewett and Fantasia despite their form being fine, for guys like Cottrell (who has been awful) and left others in who have struggled (Hollands)... He brought in Marchbank (who was arrocious in the reserves last week) ahead of Young (who was actually good) even though the latter is clearly a better matchup for Darcy...

We have now lost in back to back weeks to 8th and 9th on the ladder and looked off the pace both games. TBH even beating up an injury depleted Richmond we were playing like millionaires. Hopefully we get this out of our system now and at least give ourselves accomplishing something this year given this is probably our best shot with this group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m furious. Absolutely livid. Couldn’t be more modern Carlton to dish that up in Crippas 200th.

Sobering realisation that we aren’t THAT team and ain’t winning shit this year.
Worse is Cripps has 2 top seasons left. Our Avg age is 26 and Austin list manager....we will fall off a cliff.

Been saying it for a while but I would really like to see Voss & Co change up a few things

Cincotta into middle or as a wing. He has leg speed, is tough and a beautiful kick. Like Durham at Essendon he could really change our midfield. Hewett can tag while helping with contested ball or even try Lord

Kemp to a Wing. He is NOT a defender. He can run, good mark and kick and would thrive. It's a role we desperately need fixing and he would be as good as Acres

Get Sam Durdin into side to help Weitering. We desperately need another big body in defence

ONE ruck please. The Loss of Jack is really hurting us. Young may be an option?

Motlop needs to come in. He adds x factor we need

Cottrell Ollie Marchbank out

2. Austin's list management ignoring outside run and confusing endurance with pace when identifying players.

This one gets me especially. We believe endurance is king and will overcome all, but you have to have some burst players that can tuck the ball under the arm and gap their opponents. We're adding two more players who will run all day, but lack pure pace in the draft this year. Everyone can see we are slow, except for those at the club. It has been 10 years of this now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Back