2024 Offseason Thread - NBA Draft June 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

More I look at it the more I can see Caldwell-Pope on OKC. A good fit for SGA and they have the ability to give him a 4 year 90 mill deal or the like and make Denver unable to match. I could also see OKC going for Kyle Anderson with OKC wanting a passer at the PF spot which Anderson provides. Should outbid TWolves easily. Can move Giddey and Williams on in any Markannen trade and then use 15 mill or so left on a backup PG like Tyus Jones.

SGA
KCP
Markannen
Williams
Holmgren

Jones, Anderson , Dort, Wallace, Joe, Wiggins, Dieng, Williams

Might need a better backup C but that woiuld be a big improvement

More I look at it the more I can see Caldwell-Pope on OKC. A good fit for SGA and they have the ability to give him a 4 year 90 mill deal or the like and make Denver unable to match. I could also see OKC going for Kyle Anderson with OKC wanting a passer at the PF spot which Anderson provides. Should outbid TWolves easily. Can move Giddey and Williams on in any Markannen trade and then use 15 mill or so left on a backup PG like Tyus Jones.

SGA
KCP
Markannen
Williams
Holmgren

Jones, Anderson , Dort, Wallace, Joe, Wiggins, Dieng, Williams

Might need a better backup C but that woiuld be a big improvement
My only question over the Thunder is how cheap they are going to be. They are already paying SGA, will have to pay Chet and Williams soon. How expensive of a team are they will to have? I hope they go all in but they have history.

My only question over the Thunder is how cheap they are going to be. They are already paying SGA, will have to pay Chet and Williams soon. How expensive of a team are they will to have? I hope they go all in but they have history.
KCP can be a bit front loaded. Think Anderson/Jones would sign 2 year deals provided its 8 digits/say over 10 mill each

They got 65 mill to spend in all reality only on free agents so should be able to organise it to get the players they want now but have them expire before Jalen and Chets payrise

Has also earned 266 million just through contracts, not like he hasn’t been well paid. I’m sure he wants to get paid, I just hope he can find a middle ground. It would suck to see him waste his last years of productive basketball being paid stupid money on a lottery team.
Philly, Orlando and a couple of other teams around that caliber could offer the max.

I mean it wouldn't be much different if he stayed there or left his legacy in Golden state is cemented.

Philly, Orlando and a couple of other teams around that caliber could offer the max.

I mean it wouldn't be much different if he stayed there or left his legacy in Golden state is cemented.
I hope no teams are stupid enough to offer him close to the max, i think he still has value but his days of that sort of money should be long behind him. He would be great on Philly, just having someone who is both a capable and willing shooter would be incredible. Unfortunately Americans seem to have a real weird ego thing when it comes to salary.

Bro Monty is the GOAT!

He apparently didn't want to keep coaching, convinced the Pistons to make him the highest paid coach in the league. Got a ridiculous bag and sacked after only 12 months collecting checks for the next 5 years!

He got 78 million dollars for one years work! :goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

I hope no teams are stupid enough to offer him close to the max, i think he still has value but his days of that sort of money should be long behind him. He would be great on Philly, just having someone who is both a capable and willing shooter would be incredible. Unfortunately Americans seem to have a real weird ego thing when it comes to salary.
Some teams are stupid that is the thing though.

Perfect world he'd accept a mid to high level contract on a contender.

Sorry warrior fans but it is over the dynasty is done.

Bro Monty is the GOAT!

He apparently didn't want to keep coaching, convinced the Pistons to make him the highest paid coach in the league. Got a ridiculous bag and sacked after only 12 months collecting checks for the next 5 years!

He got 78 million dollars for one years work! :goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

Point proven stupid team right here.

Give me Montys agent.

Some teams are stupid that is the thing though.

Perfect world he'd accept a mid to high level contract on a contender.

Sorry warrior fans but it is over the dynasty is done.
You are not wrong, i had to watch Harris collect 180 million dollars. Now we finally have a bucket load of cap space in a year where the only available free agents are old as hell plyers or injury prone advanced role players (PG, Klay, OG).

I am so ready to cry myself to sleep for another 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

d93236e7-6278-46f3-89c2-b8e4a0133a21_text.gif

Bro Monty is the GOAT!

Ex Pelican makes good.

I am actually getting worried about the exodus of front office and coaching corps from Nawlins. Fred Vinson especially will be missed. And if Trajan Langdon has been responsible for our recent drafting, then he's also a big loss.

Not really convinced with David Griffin at the helm at the best of times, and now we're running a skeleton crew. Ditto Willie Green sans Borrego and Vinson.

You are not wrong, i had to watch Harris collect 180 million dollars. Now we finally have a bucket load of cap space in a year where the only available free agents are old as hell plyers or injury prone advanced role players (PG, Klay, OG).

I am so ready to cry myself to sleep for another 5 years.
Don’t forget big al fleecing the 76ers. 😂

And exactly what you said and let’s be honest even this version of klay most teams are taking him over 180 mil Tobias Harris.

First trade and a rare direct swap. Alex Caruso for Josh Giddey

Seems a win/win sitiation that one. In saying that I dont like the fit for OKC either. Just feel like though its a better contract
Could've thrown pick/s in / or something to get Drummond as well

Could've thrown pick/s in / or something to get Drummond as well
Drummond a free agent.

Caruso shot the 3 pretty good this year but its his final year. He will probably want 20 mill for his next deal so will limit what they can do in free agency a bit. I also feel Giddey would be central to any Markannen deal so I suspect they are out of that race

Drummond a free agent.

Caruso shot the 3 pretty good this year but its his final year. He will probably want 20 mill for his next deal so will limit what they can do in free agency a bit. I also feel Giddey would be central to any Markannen deal so I suspect they are out of that race
Be interesting to see what happens to the Bulls list in the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back