2024 Offseason Thread - NBA Draft June 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if
Be interesting to see what happens to the Bulls list in the off-season

Stuck with some horrifically bad contracts in Lavine and Ball. They only have the cap space to sign DeRozan who I kind of feel is off if he hasnt signed yet. Bulls only offering 2 year deal and he wants 4. I can kinda see a team like 76ers wanting DeRozan

I can only see tanking in their future really. Think they are stuck with Lavine unless they take on some real shity contracts from Sacramento which wont be worth the hassle. Think without DeRozan staying also they lose too much. Also want really have a means to replace him either. Not looking good overall

I wonder where Wiseman ends up this off season. Cliubs with insane salary cap space and a very poor free agent class means he should end up somewhere. I could see Washington giving him a chance and starting him over Baguley to see what happens

First trade and a rare direct swap. Alex Caruso for Josh Giddey

Seems a win/win sitiation that one. In saying that I dont like the fit for OKC either. Just feel like though its a better contract
A bad fit? Caruso fits in to almost any team in the league seamlessly. An elite defensive guard that thrives off ball but can still handle when required. He’s a great fit.

Isolated its a good trade etc but feel like it means they give up on Markannen who IMO was the better fit
You think because they won’t be able to match the salaries or for another reason? Cause they clearly still have the assets

You think because they won’t be able to match the salaries or for another reason? Cause they clearly still have the assets
Matching salary

Kenrich Williams + Dieng however seems to work salary wise so that is a option. Thought it wasnt til i looked closer

Ill take that back in then. They can get both Caruso and Markannen which would be a great situationf or them

Assuming Giddey is allowed to be the primary ball handler, which it sounds like he will be, then it’s a great fit. All he needs is the chance to play point guard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose it is a step somewhere for the Bulls. Not sure where, but one foot has moved in a direction.

I suppose it is a step somewhere for the Bulls. Not sure where, but one foot has moved in a direction.
Got a young promising point guard for an ageing role player.

**** knows what they do next to **** it up, but it’s a step.

They got a really good young player who just didn't fit in his team. He'll thrive as the main ball handler again and 9 years younger than the guy they traded away and who has missed a fair bit through injury himself. People acting like Giddey is a scrub
Not a scrub but I do think he has some issues, below average defender, below average shooter. Great with ball in hand but question marks over whether he can run an elite offence on a top team. I think the Bulls are getting a harsh grade when I think it makes sense for them to take the swing, but will be an interesting watch to see what peak Giddey looks like.

Not a scrub but I do think he has some issues, below average defender, below average shooter. Great with ball in hand but question marks over whether he can run an elite offence on a top team. I think the Bulls are getting a harsh grade when I think it makes sense for them to take the swing, but will be an interesting watch to see what peak Giddey looks like.
Buy low, sell high. I think the Bulls are buying as low as possible. Well worth the risk. Way too much being made of his playoff run in a team he ultimately didn't fit on any more

He'll average 10 apg as the main ball handler, nothing to sneeze at. He'll surely improve his 3pt shooting too. I'm a dead set scrub and improved it greatly with a bit of practice so I'll never understand why elite players can't/don't/won't!

Buy low, sell high. I think the Bulls are buying as low as possible. Well worth the risk. Way too much being made of his playoff run in a team he ultimately didn't fit on any more

He'll average 10 apg as the main ball handler, nothing to sneeze at. He'll surely improve his 3pt shooting too. I'm a dead set scrub and improved it greatly with a bit of practice so I'll never understand why elite players can't/don't/won't!
I think it’s also just Caruso is very highly rated as a role player. A role player with a defined role that fits in anywhere has great value. Trying to find exactly where Giddey fits is a little harder but as pointed out he obviously does have a higher ceiling.

Hopefully he improves the 3 point shooting but that’s a long way from guaranteed. I wish him the best and I think this move is good for him, just can see why some have some doubts

Lakers hiring JJ is hilarious.

I hate the Lakers, obviously. But I want them to be a strong rival.

Jeanie Buss is lowkey ruining that franchise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back