NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

what is with every half decent qb resigning with their team getting mammoth deals?
The Jags obviously view Lawrence as a franchise QB. The view from inside the building is the only things that matters in these cases.

the 10 year $450 million contract that Mahomes signed in 2020 is now viewed as a bargain from a team perspective. There's a big cap hit next year, I wonder if they'll start adding any money to it when it gets restructured next year.

The Jags obviously view Lawrence as a franchise QB. The view from inside the building is the only things that matters in these cases.
I get that. But the qb market is ****ed.

Yes he may be a franchise qb (I think he is), but he is nowhere near the best and therefore shouldn't be paid the highest amount.

I get that. But the qb market is ****ed.

Yes he may be a franchise qb (I think he is), but he is nowhere near the best and therefore shouldn't be paid the highest amount.
A lot of it has to do with the cap increasing every year, but I agree, it seems stupid how the next guy up MUST make the most money or at the very least be in the ball park of the top few.

A lot of it has to do with the cap increasing every year, but I agree, it seems stupid how the next guy up MUST make the most money or at the very least be in the ball park of the top few.
sign early - sign long

I agree, the only way is up in the current environment of the cap going up every year

PFF have a metric called wins above replacement (WAR) and QBs have the highest WAR, hence the desire by teams to hang on to any QB who is above average.

Yeah Lawrence has one shit year, one good year and follows it up with a meh year

Now he is the equal highest paid QB

Logic would say he would be around 7th-10th on the list of highest paid

Get used to this being the new normal for QBs
Its been like that for like 10 years. you overpay for the guy you have that is like top 15-20 QB just so you dont end up with someone like Carr or whoever falls on the scrap heap. and even those guys end up getting overpaid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His latest rumor is that JJ McCarthy will/could be a Vikings holdout due to contractual disagreemt
You’ve got this report from someone who has Vikings press credentials

Those actions from JJ clearly show he’s considering a holdout……

His latest rumor is that JJ McCarthy will/could be a Vikings holdout due to contractual disagreement

A nothing story half the first round picks haven’t signed yet.
Plus nix contract is fully guaranteed the qb taken after him so why not demand it. So was Jayden’s.

A nothing story half the first round picks haven’t signed yet.
Plus nix contract is fully guaranteed the qb taken after him so why not demand it. So was Jayden’s.

Engagement farming off Vikings negativity is a tried and true tactic though.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2024 - Off-Season Player/Coach Updates and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back