Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 14 6.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fwiw I think Twomey's assessment of our midfield needs is spot on.
Whoever fits that bill out of our hopefuls is our man imo.
Their "game" needs to be able to withstand the rise to AFL level as well as fit in with our system, which does work when we have all the right cattle in their right places. Watch opening round if you've forgotten.

What I also believe is spot on, is our LM Team's focus on this draft. They've certainly caught my attention with what they've done to date so I am fairly sure they've got this. They know who they want and/or what they want.
As I stated elsewhere this is not SOS picking a mid (sorry Paddy & SOS)

We've done a lot right in the last few years with GW's appointment, new fitness guy etc etc so I'm pretty confident they'll get this one right

BTW I don't know who I'd take.
I like Jaggas movement. Quick. That's good. Don't want lumbering mids. Need to be able to get both back and forward quickly. Quick spread. You do also need the size and strength and he'll get that. Nothing wrong BTW with players who are good at avoiding contact but only if you are elite at it will you get away with it at AFL level. Ala Scott Pendlebury. How do you think he's played for so long?
Draper is also very good and having played already against men (which is also very high on my list of prerequisites for puck 3)

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's good. Big inside mid with a very nice kick.

But he's sloooooooooow

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

He tests slow, but he doesn’t play slow.

He is very comfortable running the footy and he seems to glide/lope across the ground. When you see his highlights I think he’d be up there with running bounces.

There are also various examples of him bursting out the front of stoppage.

His kicking isn’t consistent but he hits them very well both long and short. Usually kicking to a team mates advantage.

He’s fantastic overhead. Probably better than fos and and Lalor (who both mark it well).

A few months back it was said he was north bound and I got upset as looking at his testing data pre season I thought it would be irresponsible to invest in yet another mid but one that wasn’t athletic enough. His 2km combine time put that concern aside for me.

I then saw Bontempellis combine testing numbers and was shocked how identical they were. Seriously the way they cover ground looks the same to me.

I reassessed his vfl debut and it was actually very strong. He won numerous memorable contests.

If we don’t trade down I hope and assume north will take him.

If we took Smith I think he would start the year in the forward line. Don’t think we would see him as a full time mid until his 3rd year. Will be a gun either way.

Lalor for me and I’m warming to Draper if Lalor is off the board.

Going to be a handy small forward. Quick, great read off hands, creative by hand and foot, knows where the goals are and evasive

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back