Analysis 2024 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it Bangers?
eDPS, just remembered his name.
I remember him loving Rowbottom and can honestly say, I thought he was way off the mark.
It is often funny how you remember certain posters. (In saying that eDPS was high on Fogarty and I thought he looked like a shit player and I think he's turned out okay for Adelaide but certainly not as highly rated as he was drafted.)

Impressive is an understatement. Like Clayton Oliver if he could kick.

Impressive is an understatement. Like Clayton Oliver if he could kick.

I watched that today and couldn’t remember seeing his name in the power rankings lists and thought this is the guy we should be after, then saw that he was at 8 in the June rankings. Oh well.

First world problems.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Trainor, O'Farrell, M Whitlock. Would take any of those if still available, but reckon there's a good chance all would be gone.
Looking a bit further...

Our first two picks currently stand at 17 and 37. Bids on Lombard, Ashcroft and Marshall will almost certainly come before our first pick, dropping it to 20. Welsh might also attract a bid before then, so then maybe 21.

It's possible Ben Camporeale might fall below that giving us a free hit with 20/21, but we wouldn't want to bet on it. So we'll probably have plans to do something with that pick. Trade it out for a pick next year, or try and trade up a bit. Or maybe wait and see what happens on draft night, with a plan ready to go if a bid comes in.

Assuming the best though, and we get to use that pick, in terms of talls, I don't think any of the above mentioned will be available. Noah Mraz probably will be though. I haven't seen much of him, but can see he's rated around the 20s, so perhaps worth a look? Anyone have an opinion on him?

I have read of him in the same articles as O'Farrell and he does not have the same quality of disposal or game sense as O'Farrell.
O'Farrell is in the same realm as Lever, Stewart, Andrews etc whereas Mraz is your Ratagalea, Young, Corr types

Looking a bit further...

Our first two picks currently stand at 17 and 37. Bids on Lombard, Ashcroft and Marshall will almost certainly come before our first pick, dropping it to 20. Welsh might also attract a bid before then, so then maybe 21.

It's possible Ben Camporeale might fall below that giving us a free hit with 20/21, but we wouldn't want to bet on it. So we'll probably have plans to do something with that pick. Trade it out for a pick next year, or try and trade up a bit. Or maybe wait and see what happens on draft night, with a plan ready to go if a bid comes in.

Assuming the best though, and we get to use that pick, in terms of talls, I don't think any of the above mentioned will be available. Noah Mraz probably will be though. I haven't seen much of him, but can see he's rated around the 20s, so perhaps worth a look? Anyone have an opinion on him?
Small sample size Bletch, of watching the champs so far but I’m not entirely sold yet on some of Whitlock’s defensive attributes on an IQ level are to the required level, has some good qualities at his height 200cm including his athleticism which is a big factor for a club seeking a modern day KPD…
His brother playing forward looks to have a better higher ceiling…

Small sample size Bletch, of watching the champs so far but I’m not entirely sold yet on some of Whitlock’s defensive attributes on an IQ level are to the required level, has some good qualities at his height 200cm including his athleticism which is a big factor for a club seeking a modern day KPD…
His brother playing forward looks to have a better higher ceiling…
Looking like both will be out of our reach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RECRUITERS are eyeing Gippsland Power backman Alix Tauru as one of the leading key-position defenders in the draft pool after an exciting return from injury. Tauru has burst back onto the scene at Coates Talent League level after a hip injury earlier in the season in Vic Country's trial. But after a stellar two weeks for the Power, he has been brought into Vic Country's team to face Western Australia on Saturday in Perth, with Tauru's marking, competitiveness, intercept ability and aggression taking the eye for scouts.

He had 17 disposals and eight marks against the Geelong Falcons last week and 23 disposals and nine marks the previous week. The 193cm prospect has shown in his juniors he can also be used as a forward on occasion, with clubs scouring the market for tall options at both ends of the ground. – Callum Twomey

He would cost multiple firsts and a massive contract. Don’t think we’re in a position to pull it off.
Agree, also think that whilst you can't have too many good midfielders assuming that we think that Ben & Lucas are going to be o.k. with Cody to follow it would be poor list management to throw a lot of money and draft picks to get another over.

Cerra, Walsh, Ben and Cody might set us up for the next 8 years +.

Agree, also think that whilst you can't have too many good midfielders assuming that we think that Ben & Lucas are going to be o.k. with Cody to follow it would be poor list management to throw a lot of money and draft picks to get another over.

Cerra, Walsh, Ben and Cody might set us up for the next 8 years +.
+ Hollands, Hollands, maybe Wilson, maybe Carroll. I'd be surprised if we spend a lot of capital to trade in a mid.

At this point in the list build we should never trade multiple significant picks for any player.

There's only one player I'd consider breaking that rule for: he currently plays for West Coast, but used to run around in our magoos.
SPS ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back