List Mgmt. 2024 List Mgmt

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody can judge to that degree. We'll get a good prospect with our 1st pick but we need to do something to get another one in.

No-one gives away their good picks unless you have something they want. We are at the point of having cut so much fat that we are running bone. We wouldn't want to get any worse than we are now or we'll start to get very North Melbourne.

We are a bottom 4 list on paper and we have been able to stay mid table because we run lean. We've got to the point where the talent we have tips into uncompetitive with our depth tested.

Essendon and the Dogs both finished outside the 8 and topped up when down, both have better lists than us. We need to nail the FRDP and find some under-utilised talent on the cheap.

Even someone like Jarrod Lyons for a year or two while Windy types develop and he'd step out just at the right time for who ever we draft to step up.

No-one gives away their good picks unless you have something they want. We are at the point of having cut so much fat that we are running bone. We wouldn't want to get any worse than we are now or we'll start to get very North Melbourne.

We are a bottom 4 list on paper and we have been able to stay mid table because we run lean. We've got to the point where the talent we have tips into uncompetitive with our depth tested.

Essendon and the Dogs both finished outside the 8 and topped up when down, both have better lists than us. We need to nail the FRDP and find some under-utilised talent on the cheap.

Even someone like Jarrod Lyons for a year or two while Windy types develop and he'd step out just at the right time for who ever we draft to step up.
Our problem is we lack capital ATM and you said only days ago that we also don't have any fat to trim. Id rather just get 2 good mids through the draft and look at a good player to come in via FA. I've said l think Jarrod Berry fits our needs and granted he's no star but he's a big unit and is at least quality enough to improve us.
We have enough runners, forwards and defenders on the list already. All in on mids. Draft, FA, trade, whatever.

I’m still waiting for Gubby Allan to do something. He’s been at the saints (in some capacity) for a few years now, and yet to land us a ‘big fish’.
If he can’t land one this year with our supposed war chest, then it’s time for him to bugger off.

I’m still waiting for Gubby Allan to do something. He’s been at the saints (in some capacity) for a few years now, and yet to land us a ‘big fish’.
If he can’t land one this year with our supposed war chest, then it’s time for him to bugger off.
How do he, SOS and Dalrymple work together? Who does what and reports to whom?

With us looking like we will finish bottom 5 at this stage (fingers crossed we don't finish 9-13th) who are we wanting the most? I expect we will finish 4th-5t last. With Smillie probs going #1, Ashcroft bid on at #2 and then O'Sullivan at #3, that leaves Trainor, Jagga Smith, Chris Moraes and Sid Draper around our pick. Who would be best for those who know more than me?

If we could get Jagga Smith that would be sensational.

And that’s the problem. Players not getting a game elsewhere are going to take us nowhere.

You just have to time it right. Guys who want midfield time or more cash might move. Sydney got Josh Kennedy out of the Hawks. Hawks got Mitchell back off them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back