List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People inside the club are very confident they can get him over. His family supported freo. The way I see it it’s very much the same as Jackson. He’s really good mates with sharp. If Sydney win the flag this year I recon it’ll be a lock he requests a trade. There must be that pull as well to be part of winning that first premiership with freo. Especially with the list we have now.

it would be the epitome of deliciousness if his relationship with Sharp is what seals the deal with us getting Warner

Anyone saying Curtin makes sense for eagles or saying we shouldnt bother - wash your mouth out.

Can’t have enough good players and never know when an injury might come. Curtin can go back and forward. Top 10 pick for a reason and if he wants home, we get it done.

If they’re serious about Chappy on a wing (which given his i50 delivery at times you can see way chefs kiss) then plug Curtin as the replacement. Done

Anyone saying Curtin makes sense for eagles or saying we shouldnt bother - wash your mouth out.

Can’t have enough good players and never know when an injury might come. Curtin can go back and forward. Top 10 pick for a reason and if he wants home, we get it done.

If they’re serious about Chappy on a wing (which given his i50 delivery at times you can see way chefs kiss) then plug Curtin as the replacement. Done
Bring him home.
He will replace pearce in 2 years when tassie gives us a first round pick.

I'm fine with having a look at Curtin in a year or two once he's shown his wares and we can see where he fits.

Probably should cool your jets on the Curtin news. Apparently was just Tim Gossage reading out a text from a caller.
So our credence in the story has just increased drastically.

Oh **** yeah we should be definitely after Curtin, this is the type of sh*t Geelong does and stays in the top 4 for almost 20 years.

Makes even more sense when you think about the very real possibility that the Devils will be able to offer Pearce a ransom with a greatly expanded salary cap.

Oh **** yeah we should be definitely after Curtin, this is the type of sh*t Geelong does and stays in the top 4 for almost 20 years.

Makes even more sense when you think about the very real possibility that the Devils will be able to offer Pearce a ransom with a greatly expanded salary cap.
Pearce will be 32 when Tasmania enters the comp, with his injury history I'd be surprised if he is still playing at a high level at that age. Sadly.

this year is the perfect year to get Curtin could do it for a future first and later picks because crows need draft capital for Tyler welsh

Curtin is the sort of talent you just get into the football club. Forget what position you think he'll play - we'll move around a few magnets to fit him into the back six or midfield.

Only thing that changes the above is if Chad Warner or a similar requests a trade to Freo in the same off season.

this year is the perfect year to get Curtin could do it for a future first and later picks because crows need draft capital for Tyler welsh
Doubt this is correct. Even if the points change he's not currently rated that high IIRC.

Also, whatever you might save in a points exchange we lose + interest on the fact he has 2 years still.

Add in not having an obvious position and it's really hard to justify this year, especially given we might have other business.

Doubt this is correct. Even if the points change he's not currently rated that high IIRC.

Also, whatever you might save in a points exchange we lose + interest on the fact he has 2 years still.

Add in not having an obvious position and it's really hard to justify this year, especially given we might have other business.
They have him around 7-12 from all I’ve seen on draft predictions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Curtin wants to come home next year, it is in the best interest of both parties to request a trade to the Eagles. We shouldn't be targeting him until he is OOC. This will give Curtin time to establish himself and develop. I'm sure both parties understand that our needs for forwards is greater then any second year player.

Pearce will be 32 when Tasmania enters the comp, with his injury history I'd be surprised if he is still playing at a high level at that age. Sadly.
His injury history hasn't affected him this year and he hasn't had any long term injuries in some time.

Of course that can all change in a moment it but fingers crossed Pearce stays on the park

As good as Curtin, Draper, Murphy, Davies etc. could be I think Pearce is probably our most important player atm, especially until Cox returns. Having him still going strong at 32 could be a very important part of winning a flag around 2026/2027.

I'm less concerned about Fyfe and JOM due to what we have on our list ATM but Walters, Ryan and Pearce will be difficult to replace. Ideally we're genuinely competing early enough that Ryan and Pearce are still there.

I hope Alex gets a massive deal to play and then assistant coach at Tasmania. Inaugural captain down there after winning two or three flags here.

He is 29 on Sunday and contracted for next year already, so there's an extension before 2026/2027 anyway. Unless the AFL lets them bank talent a year or two earlier - which would work.

How would Freo winning the flag affect this process? :p
Sydney need to agree to release him from his contract one year early. There is no incentive to do so unless we offer a moster deal for him. Our best opportunity we have is for Sydney to win a premiership.

Sydney need to agree to release him from his contract one year early. There is no incentive to do so unless we offer a moster deal for him. Our best opportunity we have is for Sydney to win a premiership.

The incentive is that they get far more value this year than they do next year when WC leverage their PSD pick to trade him for a worse pick.

Sydney won't get a better deal than this year. They can value 2025 with him playing highly too.

Clayton Oliver…
Troubled star.
Needs to escape the limelight.
Big Contract (length & $$).
Dees need a mini rebuild.

Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back