List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Warner comes to Freo then there is no room for Erasmus. Warner, Serong, Young, Brayshaw, Johnson, NOD will force him to seek a trade out. That's how we gain the pick required to get Warner.

Jackson seems a fine comparison, still got done despite where we finished and how do you justify what Adelaide and Geelong paid for Dawson and Cameron?

Seriously, if it happens to us I'll be almost done with the AFL. It would be absolute horseshit and doesnt happen to anyone else
But it does happen to other clubs. West Coast for a start. We just notice because it's us! Who GAF about other clubs pain?
Dylan Shield cost pick 9 and an F1 for God's sake.

If Warner comes to Freo then there is no room for Erasmus. Warner, Serong, Young, Brayshaw, Johnson, NOD will force him to seek a trade out. That's how we gain the pick required to get Warner.
I think it's manageable. Johnson and O'Driscoll have multiple roles they can play. Erasmus is quite different to Warner and he's still to prove himself at the level (I have high hopes still, but it's just the reality).

Midfield depth is one of our checklist items to build for next year.

Why this still? When has a club with two firsts been ruled out of an out of contract player?

Thereā€™s always a first*

Plus if we offer 2 very high firsts - they may want us to get a top 10 or play about with his brother.

Thereā€™s many ways to get a deal done and who knows maybe itā€™s a player going the other way.

If we could get Kosi & Bolton ā€¦.Iā€™d sell the farm this year and go into battle with what ever we have.

I still think holding 10 makes life easier and options plentiful.

By everyoneā€™s accounts, this is a deep and fairly even draft well past 30. So thereā€™s absolutely going to be players available on the second day that some clubs didnā€™t think would be available.

Assuming Pickett and Warner are a definite no go this year (after weā€™ve fully explored all chances) then Iā€™m ok with 9+10 for Bolton provided we get 21 back from Richmond.

We go to the draft taking a player at 16 and then make it known after the first day that weā€™re open for the best F1 offer plus a later pick this year.

Thereā€™s bound to be someone who bites.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Morris just said Pickett going no where and if he was to go anywhere itā€™d be port Adelaide
Morris is a Melbourne schill.

Cleary thinks itā€™s still a possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the scenario where Erasmus gets pushed out to bring in Warner what would Erasmus be worth in a trade? On his current form pick 25 - 35 at the best perhaps?

If he has a very good season in 2025 he might bring in a pick around 20 at the very best.

Erasmus is probably not going to get us much draft capital to help towards getting Warner.

The interesting part is just mentioning Port - can then claim he didn't mention Freo when it happens.

'He was going to stay but Fremantle came late and changed things'

What is Morris on about lol? This whole saga heā€™s been linked to Freo but itā€™s ok Port wonā€™t chase him? They werenā€™t in it in the first place.

Seems to be time to put the pickett talk to bed.

Get Bolton and take picks 10 and 27 and grab the two best small/medium forwards available.

Worry about Warner next year.

If we push too many picks into next year Iā€™m scared weā€™ll still be looking at Banfield running around in our forward line next year šŸ™„

I think it's manageable. Johnson and O'Driscoll have multiple roles they can play. Erasmus is quite different to Warner and he's still to prove himself at the level (I have high hopes still, but it's just the reality).

Midfield depth is one of our checklist items to build for next year.
Looking at the salty Richmond comments re Bolton, they rate him just as much a weapon in the middle as up forward.

Might need to factor him into our midfield rotations.

What is Morris on about lol? This whole saga heā€™s been linked to Freo but itā€™s ok Port wonā€™t chase him? They werenā€™t in it in the first place.

I thnink he means that Port are done chasing after him, they have apparently been in contact each of the last two years. Fremantle are replacing Port in the conversations but honestly it sounds like Pickett doesn't know what he wants.

Looking at the salty Richmond comments re Bolton, they rate him just as much a weapon in the middle as up forward.

Might need to factor him into our midfield rotations.
He will be playing quite a bit of midfield time which is why we need another small forward. Pickett would have been perfect. Now we need to draft another small forward and the chances are Pickett will be available next year.

I thnink he means that Port are done chasing after him, they have apparently been in contact each of the last two years. Fremantle are replacing Port in the conversations but honestly it sounds like Pickett doesn't know what he wants.
Not true Pickett told me heā€™s sent his car over to WA already

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back