Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the hate Hughes gets, he has been serviceable and played his role for the team.

I think he would of done a better job than Worner on the weekend. Hughes actually defends, and doesn't get often beat 1 on 1 , not just waiting for intercepting marks. Biggest gripe most have against him is his slow decision making rebounding.

Has sebit put on any mass.
The guy has twigs

SEBIT IN THE GYM THIS MORNING...

Fitness Posing GIF

For all the hate Hughes gets, he has been serviceable and played his role for the team.

I think he would of done a better job than Worner on the weekend. Hughes actually defends, and doesn't get often beat 1 on 1 , not just waiting for intercepting marks. Biggest gripe most have against him is his slow decision making rebounding.

And that last part of your description of him makes it hard to select him at AFL level. Quick decision making is imperative.

And that last part of your description of him makes it hard to select him at AFL level. Quick decision making is imperative.
The West article that was posted on Hughes. This was the feedback that they gave him to work on. I think it's achievable and honestly it's not as bad as some like to make out.

Also in a lockdown game, which might have been what we should of been playing against the dogs it's not so much an issue. More if we trying to speed up the game

He did his ACL in July last year. That’s the 12 months rehab done. Was prematurely ruled out in the first place (for list spots I guess)

It was probably a way around the AFL’s new rules regarding the number of players that can train during the SPP. Instead of two players we were able to trial four.

Having said that we could’ve got an extra SPP training spot by pretending Sharp was being considered until the deadline whilst secretly promising him the spot from the beginning.

I've noticed most of our players are leaner than AFL players used to be? Even close ups of Pearce he is 'skinnier' than I think he used to be. Sebit is supposed to be faster than any other player we have.
The value in Kuek is the difficulty in matching up on him. We have a few (Jackson and Frederick come to mind) and they are are weapons. I really hope he comes through for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel, or Peel Reserves? Peel Reserves seems crazy

Longmuir said he “can’t wait” to have Brennan Cox back in the team, but confirmed he will play reserves under heavy restrictions against West Perth on Saturday.

From the injury update:

After surgery to repair a hamstring tendon in March, key defender Brennan Cox is expected to play his first minutes for Peel Thunder’s reserves on Saturday.

“It is really exciting to have Coxy back running out there,” Merriman said.

“We will see him in the reserves and hopefully steeply rise to the AFL ranks.”

Must be coming from a long way back if it’s reserves. Have we ever had a senior b22 player come back through reserves? Usually straight to restricted league minutes isn’t it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back