Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorns idea of a fair offer and WC's idea of a fair offer is vastly different.
Hawthorn courted a contracted player and overs should be paid-up.
Look under the couch, there's 20 cents. Now pick it up, go into town and buy yourself a f**king clue.

We currently have 2 future 4ths now worth no points each…
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Bow down to King Sleepy

Screenshot_20241016_173730_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I do too wonder if we'll try trading back in this year. Doubtful but it will be interesting.

On Essendon, they're on the right direction. Cleaning out the junk is going to take time. Dildodoro hurt them
Yeah ironic Essendon lose the draft period when they start making sense. Don’t think Bummers fans will care much about the rating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ch 7 rated us 8/10. Pretty good for us!
We got a free agent (Battle) for nothing and made a decent trade for a guy (Barrass) who also wanted to come to us.

Nothing more complicated or challenging than that.

The club performing much better in 2024 had plenty to do with this, but it’s a very good outcome which probably didn’t require Mark’s heartbeat to rise above 50 at any stage.

The media are sleeping on the improvement in our young players to come.

The addition of these guys will take us up a notch also.

Plus I'm wrapped we got to keep players like Serong, Reeves, Morrison, Finn, Frost. All brought up in potential trades. All wanted to stay. They know.

Plus I'm wrapped we got to keep players like Serong, Reeves, Morrison, Finn, Frost. All brought up in potential trades. All wanted to stay. They know.

Croc
Wiz
Day
Newk
Weddle
Mckenzie
Dear
Ginni
Mass
Ward
McCabe
Finn

the older core have upside too & no one on the decline.

throw in the genius, prelim pain, dingerz, prime time, vossy shitting the bed (fingers crossed)

going to be a fun year

Our depth is one our the things that i am most confident in. I keep seeing some people already suggesting (hoping) we could have a big drop off if we get injuries next year. Yet i think we are in a better position to cover injuries than most clubs in the AFL.

I haven't done a best 22 yet but just at a rough guess i think you can make a case that Morrison, Reeves, Frost, CJ, Serong, Finn, Blanck, Mitchell are all AFL quality players that may not be best 22 (hard to tell with Frost and CJ). That is also assuming Ward cements a best 22 spot which would mean another established best 22 player would come out as quality depth. That is also assuming none of our young players outside the best 22 step up as well.

I think other clubs have a best 22 just as good or maybe better (Brisbane, Swans, Carlton). I think where we can separate ourselves to some of those clubs especially a Carlton is our depth.

Our depth is one our the things that i am most confident in. I keep seeing some people already suggesting (hoping) we could have a big drop off if we get injuries next year. Yet i think we are in a better position to cover injuries than most clubs in the AFL.

I haven't done a best 22 yet but just at a rough guess i think you can make a case that Morrison, Reeves, Frost, CJ, Serong, Finn, Blanck, Mitchell are all AFL quality players that may not be best 22 (hard to tell with Frost and CJ). That is also assuming Ward cements a best 22 spot which would mean another established best 22 player would come out as quality depth. That is also assuming none of our young players outside the best 22 step up as well.

I think other clubs have a best 22 just as good or maybe better (Brisbane, Swans, Carlton). I think where we can separate ourselves to some of those clubs especially a Carlton is our depth.
You can see our ability to cover injuries and how that has progressed since 2022. In 2023 we were in strife if we missed any important players, early 2024 similar, late 2024 we were winning important games and a final despite missing arguably our best forward, one of our 2 best midfielders, in addition to our first choice rotating mid. Not to mention almost making a prelim without Frost as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back