Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perryman gives me Jordan Dawson vibes, and I think he'll kick on to be a massive player at a new club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a stretch

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Interesting that Perryman and Battle get very similar offers. I would have thought Battle was the bigger need but Sam clearly sees an important role for Perryman.

I wonder if we go into this expecting to get just one of them or if they are seriously pushing to bring in both.

Will the AFL step in to keep Perryman at GWS and create yet another $1m a year player there ?

Interesting that Perryman and Battle get very similar offers. I would have thought Battle was the bigger need but Sam clearly sees an important role for Perryman.

I wonder if we go into this expecting to get just one of them or if they are seriously pushing to bring in both.

Will the AFL step in to keep Perryman at GWS and create yet another $1m a year player there ?
Doubtful. He's not going to shift the needle on their list.

Would Perryman and Battle ‘complete’ our backline? Possibly. Would allow Weddle/Hardwick/Amon to move up the ground. Perryman can also play on the wing.

Battle can also play up forward if needed.

Not sure I believe the amount we’ve offered Perryman but I can see why we’d want him.

We might still be one elite midfielder away, this could be McKenzie (looking amazing) or even Smith but I’m still iffy on his kicking, doesn’t really fit the mould of player that Sam likes.

Does not need to. Adds to its flexibility. FFOR myself.

For 750-800K, doesn't need to move the needle?
Then we can do just as well with players already on the list.
Perryman wouldn't be a top 100 AFL mid, wing, or backman.
Battle is a top 30 backman who can float forward and is an EXCELLENT mark and damned good disposer of the ball.
That's where I'd spend the cash if you want flexibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back