Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion, these would be the pick ranges IF there were clubs interested.

Reeves 35-40
Mitchell 40-45
Maginness 25-30
DGB 30-35
Serong 30-35

I think with VFL form Serong could command a lot more than DGB. Being pick 6 in the 2020 draft of all drafts will hardly ramp up his asking price.

CJ didn't miss finals selection, he was in the side then went out injured. He needed to prove his fitness to be selected for elimination final and failed to show it at box hill.

He is not currently at the required fitness levels due to the injury.

The CJ discussion is such an interesting one.

I was one of the posters who preferred Morrison over him all season, however I also thought Jiath played some solid games and appeared to be growing into his new wing position.

Once he went out and Morrison played that belter against Carlton, I realised I was right in the beginning.

No surprises that we went with Harry on Friday night and he performed strongly to justify it.

HOWEVER, I believe Sam and the coaching crew probably prefer CJ, and had he played in round 24 and likely would have been selected before Morrison.

I still think Campbell could probably be a fair player but he's been fairly average this year. Great last quarter against GWS but coming on fresh in the hardest running final of the weekend it's probably to be expected that he'd have an impact, still yet to see him have a noteworthy full game.
When you have guys like Gulden taking up a wing spot he will always find it hard to cement a spot there. Would not be surprised if next year he is in and out of the team and he asks to be traded. Would be all over him as a club. Perfectly compliments Mass on the other side and we would have 3 clones of great kicking left footers with Amon.

Wouldn’t you assume that if we were paying someone that much then they are more then likely seen to be ahead of a few in the pecking order, rather than just depth.
Yes absolutely at that price they have to be. I’m just saying as a player and also looking at our list I am not convinced that’s true for Perryman in the same way that I am about Barrass and Battle.

Could you imagine if tomorrows headlines are "Bailey Smith has nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination" 😂 Don't know how we'd fit him into the team / whether it's worth taking on his likely high-end salary, but would be hilarious.

Could you imagine if tomorrows headlines are "Bailey Smith has nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination" 😂 Don't know how we'd fit him into the team / whether it's worth taking on his likely high-end salary, but would be hilarious.

Rest of the comp seeing Hawthorn back to winning finals & having players nominate us on demand, after only a few years:

Someone may express interest, but I am inclined to keep Butsy.

Chad has retired and you would think next year will definitely be Punky’s last.
Josh Bennett's as a Breust replacement making his debut and playing a few games in 2025. before taking over in 2026 in the seniors.
Jai Serong as a Gunston replacement playing a few more game's in 2025- and taking over Gunstons role in 2026.

Despite not yet making his AFL debut, Josh Bennetts is among the Hawks' most exciting prospects, has been lively up forward across his 2023-2024 season. Praised by his coaches as a reliable teammate he has impressed with his clean hands, class and decision making.

Last edited:

Reeves 35-40
Mitchell 40-45
Maginness 25-30
DGB 30-35
Serong 30-35
I think you're way out.
Depending on the clubs that come calling Ned would be a 2nd or even a late 1st. Ruckman who've been in the system are a commodity.
Serong we wouldn't let go for less than a 2nd and Shammy would be in the 30's.
DGB would get us a 5th if we were extremely lucky.

I think you're way out.
Depending on the clubs that come calling Ned would be a 2nd or even a late 1st. Ruckman who've been in the system are a commodity.
I feel like you are both way out on Reeves. Grundy went for a pick in the 30s and although older he’s much better. 3rd rounder at best. Seamus won’t be let go I wouldn’t think and Serong they have to find a spot or let him go he’s be playing regular afl at a few clubs. DGB will go to the eagles one way or another despite what they say and it will be for little to nothing. It’s in everyone’s best interest a fresh start may be his last chance to address what is holding him back and with barrass and battle he’s like 9th in line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're way out.
A late first for Noodle! Where do I sign

Reeves 35-40
Mitchell 40-45
Maginness 25-30
DGB 30-35
Serong 30-35
As a ruckman, Reeves' value is the greatest of those. A decent second rounder: 25-35.

Serong and Finn later second rounders; Mitchell and DGB worth next to nothing as trades. The latter might be picked up on a rookie list if delisted but that's it.

I feel like you are both way out on Reeves. Grundy went for a pick in the 30s and although older he’s much better. 3rd rounder at best. Seamus won’t be let go I wouldn’t think and Serong they have to find a spot or let him go he’s be playing regular afl at a few clubs. DGB will go to the eagles one way or another despite what they say and it will be for little to nothing. It’s in everyone’s best interest a fresh start may be his last chance to address what is holding him back and with barrass and battle he’s like 9th in line.

I'm no expert but I presume a big part of pick 30 for Grundy was getting his salary off the books?

When you have guys like Gulden taking up a wing spot he will always find it hard to cement a spot there. Would not be surprised if next year he is in and out of the team and he asks to be traded. Would be all over him as a club. Perfectly compliments Mass on the other side and we would have 3 clones of great kicking left footers with Amon.
Why would he be in and out of the side? He's played 21 games this year.

I don't mind Campbell but Swans would want too much for him.

On the dotted line but also tell us who plays if Meek goes down.
There are a couple of rucks on the merry go round this year.

Getting another in to back up Meek won’t be too hard if we choose to go down the path of releasing Noodle.

There are a couple of rucks on the merry go round this year.

Getting another in to back up Meek won’t be too hard if we choose to go down the path of releasing Noodle.
Could easily get Soldo if Reeves were to leave. He would be my main target as a backup to Meek.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back