Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Katy Perry isn't what I normally listen to (I'm a metalhead!! :devilv1:) but I thought the sound was spot-on. Atmosphere-wise you're almost never gonna get the entire crowd rocking along, even if it was at twilight. Most music acts have their fan base, and your average footy crowd crosses too many demographical lines to ever rock out as one.

Her voice was okay but she's not a "powerful" singer like Christina Aguilera or Kelly Clarkson, and the MCG is a nightmare from an acoustics perspective anyway so it just sounded thinner than it should have

Dont care so much about the entertainment.
But I absolutely want the biggest game of the year to be about skill and endeavour.

And that happens in daylight

Not sure there's much evidence of that thesis, there's hundreds of AFL games every year and a little under half of them are night games. I don't notice a lower skill level at night.

I wonder how Darcy Fort is gonna go out there? Pity Linc McCarthy wrecked his knee earlier in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owen Wilson with Brisbane's first.

owen wilson wow GIF

Who do you think you are Daniher? Tom Hawkins?

Some poor moments from Charlie Cameron so far

Unless someone breaks, this is going to be a brutal GF.

1/2 way through the first quarter they are playing at what I'd call 1/2 way through the second quarter speed.

Both teams have settled extremely early for a GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back