List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)

Last edited by a moderator:

As I said yesterday. Maybe the players stay on when they see that they wont have to play boring football. If I was a player and Goodwin left id be more inclined to stay than if he was here for 2026.
I don't think our players are thinking that at all. In fact opposite, i reckon they love Goody and first sign he's gone, players will leave. As sh** a coach as he is onfield, i reckon he has a great relationship with the playing group. I'd have no issues trading our F1 to jump into this draft. We need to hit the draft now. If Goody leaves, I'm fairly certain Trac, Koz, Oliver and a few others will be those asking for a trade which will net some quality picks. I mean some are talking like Goody is already gone at the end of next season lol. He's contracted to end of 2026. Can't assume anything, so hit the draft now.

Won’t have enough time to draft and develop someone which might take 3 years or so.

Will need to trade someone capable in.
Just an idea, send Petty and/or Turner back there. Also call up Jed Adams.

I've never got the gagging over Taylor, he's made some good picks also made some shockers. Jefferson, Weid and all the effort we put into getting Kolt all not great. Laurie absolutely shit like there's been some stinkers.
Giving up a potential top 5-7 pick just ain't a good idea for mine especially when there's a massive chance we implode. Even what we gave up for McAdam looks poor.

Tbf the 2020 draft was just bad, go back and look at the guys after Laurie excluding the academy picks.

Last edited:
I like Garry Lyon’s idea - trade him to Tasmania when he’s 31 and they have all those draft picks and want a marquee signing.
Gaz went full nuffy in that rant.

Tbf the 2020 draft was just bad, go back and look at the guys after Laurie excluding the academy pick
Exactly. We were going for Holmes and he was a huge smokey himself. No one else was on him except us and Geelong so that would have been a masterstroke by JT. And when he was taken we had to pick someone. I think JT is one of the best recruiters. None of them get every single pick right - it’s not an easy job

Exactly. We were going for Holmes and he was a huge smokey himself. No one else was on him except us and Geelong so that would have been a masterstroke by JT. And when he was taken we had to pick someone. I think JT is one of the best recruiters. None of them get every single pick right - it’s not an easy job
Yeah Cats fd up JT there. We were right into Holmes. JT is about the only bloke capable of doing his job to a high level at this club right now. He'd be the last bloke I'd be calling out atm. Every recruiter has some misses. Too early to call on some of his choices(Jefferson/Kolt) but picking Windsor alone last draft shows he's a good judge when most on here (including myself were after other kids). Nailed the Dogga/Koz/Riv draft which ultimately netted us a flag, so for that alone he will always be god status for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't hate the idea of trading our F1 if this year's draft is as stacked as people say, even though I think we'll be giving up a top 4 pick next year.
Not if it's for Gold Coast's pick 13. I get that drafts are different but there's no way that 13 in one draft is better than 4 in another, especially when we're a year out from the 2nd one. You'd want to bank on a top-10 finish at least before making that trade.

This club is cooked.

Fighting it out with Richmond next year for the spoon

Agree, begs belief we are holding onto all our players as much as we can thinking a 32 year old delisted ruck is the difference between 14th spot and a flag.

Should have traded one of Oliver or Trac at a minimum to shake things up.

What makes it worse is that Green basically confirmed we were going in with the 3 amigos our first bounce of 2025. Club is too stubborn to change and we will get thumped again in 2025 with the same approach.

Last edited:
This won't be a popular opinion but I'd be open to signing Kennedy on the cheap from Carlton.

Would allow Trac to play more forward and mitigate Oliver and/or Trac leaving next year somewhat.

We desperately need elite young mids but someone like him would help bridge the mid-age gap in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This won't be a popular opinion but I'd be open to signing Kennedy on the cheap from Carlton.

Would allow Trac to play more forward and mitigate Oliver and/or Trac leaving next year somewhat.

We desperately need elite young mids but someone like him would help bridge the mid-age gap in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Like your thinking but we should be aiming for the other Matt too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Tom Campbell the first (of many) big fish to join the Dees 🐟🎣

Back