You lost your other equal fifth best and fairest

Your remaining best players are all around 30

I’m not trying to fight and enjoy chatting footy, but facts are facts
But you barrack for Norf. Pi55 off

Well the piss off part.

I’m a loveable old chap
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Herald Sun saying

"North Melbourne didn’t want to lose much of its draft hand but did anyway to get Luke Parker, Jacob Konstanty and Caleb Daniel.
Richmond is circling with its six picks between 10 and 24."

This is just a bloke from the Herald Sun, but it really feels like we won't trade 6. Yes North said they don't want to move back too far, but North historically say a lot, and then give up a 2nd rounder for Coleman-Jones, or pick 25 for Caleb Daniel. They're terrible traders. I think the ball is in their court, 10+11 (or higher) ~ will be on the table for 2, with 6 completely off the table.

Last edited:
All good mate. Im in this thread because

1: it’s been an entertaining read throughout the back half of the year

2: norths pick 2 is closely aligned with your pick 1

3: there is a chance at a trade

But honestly I’m perfectly happy using pick 2 on whoever is deemed best suited to north out of smith, fos, Lalor, Draper and Langford.

I won’t be unhappy if we trade down, and won’t be upset if that’s 2 for 6 and 18.

All good.
Genuinely interested to hear a north supporters perspective on this:

From my understanding. The perfect fantasy dream draft for North would be to land both Tauru and Armstrong by splitting your 2.

Realistically, the only way that could happen is if you impossibly got picks 5 and 6 - seeing as though both St Kilda and Melbourne will each be likely eyeing taking a tall. That is basically impossible, let's put a line through it for now.

I can't see north trading 2 with the tigers unless you get 6 back. That gives north the first pick at a tall in the draft. Tauru or Armstrong.

From there, you'd hope to get another tall I imagine: Trainor, Shanahan, Whitlock, Faul

From there, there's a few possibilities:

North's dream: 6 and 11 for 2
*Tigers highly unlikely to agree to that because why trade ourselves into a worse spot when we have so many holes?
Result - North use pick 11 to bite a bit early on either Trainor or Shanahan

Tigers get their way: 6 and 18 for 2
Result: North still get either Trainor Shanahan maybe Whitlock

Middle ground: tigers do some deal with GWS and acquire a mid teens pick from them: 6 and 15 for 2
Result: North still get either Trainor or Shanahan.

So basically what I'm saying is that it seems pretty likely that regardless of the pick coming back on top of 6, so long as its not later than 18, North would probably still get their best case outcome.

If you walked away with something like Tauru and Trainor, surely that's a much better outcome for north than picking another mid at 2?

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Herald Sun saying

"North Melbourne didn’t want to lose much of its draft hand but did anyway to get Luke Parker, Jacob Konstanty and Caleb Daniel.

It really looks like we won't trade 6. Yes North said they don't want to move back too far, but North historically say a lot, and then give up a 2nd rounder for Coleman-Jones, or pick 25 for Caleb Daniel. They're terrible traders. I think the ball is in their court, 10+11 (or higher) ~ will be on the table for 2, with 6 completely off the table.

2 will be ours and we'll keep 6

Why are we allowing Nth fans to come here and take over our board, when all they are trying to do is cope with the realization that they have spent the last 5 season winning 13 games, and we will go straight past them in our rebuild in one draft ?

Seeing them come here lusting for our draft picks, makes me feel dirty .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun saying

It really looks like we won't trade 6. Yes North said they don't want to move back too far, but North historically say a lot, and then give up a 2nd rounder for Coleman-Jones, or pick 25 for Caleb Daniel. They're terrible traders. I think the ball is in their court, 10+11 (or higher) ~ will be on the table for 2, with 6 completely off the table.

There is absolutely no way North should do that deal. Worse deals have been done this week though.

Herald Sun saying

This is just a bloke from the Herald Sun, but it really feels like we won't trade 6. Yes North said they don't want to move back too far, but North historically say a lot, and then give up a 2nd rounder for Coleman-Jones, or pick 25 for Caleb Daniel. They're terrible traders. I think the ball is in their court, 10+11 (or higher) ~ will be on the table for 2, with 6 completely off the table.

10 and 24 sounds alot better than 6 and 24

Prefer 23 and 24

Why are we allowing Nth fans to come here and take over our board, when all they are trying to do is cope with the realization that they have spent the last 5 season winning 13 games, and we will go straight past them in our rebuild in one draft ?

Beats the hell out of another FOS v Jagga debate.

There is absolutely no way North should do that deal. Worse deals have been done this week though.
Only way I see it happening for 10+11 is draft night. Carlton set the price, so from a North Melbourne perspective, if a guy they like is there, or even two, I'm sure they could convince themselves it's a great deal given the price pick 3 was

Only way I see it happening for 10+11 is draft night. Carlton set the price, so from a North Melbourne perspective, if a guy they like is there, or even two, I'm sure they could convince themselves it's a great deal given the price pick 3 was
They have to give the pick up first without knowing who is there though.

I get what you’re saying but don’t agree. For me, it’s always good to hear opposition supporters views, as long as it’s not obvious trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back