AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, on a positive, we were beaten or eliminated by the eventual premiers.
Hmm…not how I’d look at it

Better to judge against our best game…

Let face it …we ****ed it up with poor selection and our players didn’t really turn up

Injuries didn’t help either of course

Hmm…not how I’d look at it

Better to judge against our best game…

Let face it …we ****ed it up with poor selection and our players didn’t really turn up

Injuries didn’t help either of course

Not liking this carry on like we'd have beaten them keeping the kids in.

You can criticise the selections but don't let that get in the way of reality.

We came up against the form side of the second half of the season on their home deck with a healthy list (of players who were healthy in that second half run). Sometimes it's really that simple.

Not liking this carry on like we'd have beaten them keeping the kids in.

You can criticise the selections but don't let that get in the way of reality.

We came up against the form side of the second half of the season on their home deck with a healthy list (of players who were healthy in that second half run). Sometimes it's really that simple.
All played a part imo whether we like it or not…

8 years it took Fages to get the Lions a flag, just sayin'

He turned them from being an absolute basket case...

They had mass exodus and looked all doom and gloom.

After 2 crap years, he propelled them to 2nd in 2019 and they have continued to be relevant ever since until ultimately winning a premiership today.

We started 2016 with Bolton, after 3.5 years of crap, he got sacked. Saw a slight improvement under Teague (thanks mainly to the maturity of players we drafted when we were continuously bottom 4). Sacked him after 2021. Saw another slight improvement from there under Voss.

Very different paths...

Next year will be the 4th under Voss... and the 10th year of our rebuild... we'd want to find some results and fast... Voss cannot afford another mediocre year.

All played a part imo whether we like it or not…

Medical and high performance, list management and straight up luck are the predominant reasons why we came into finals as dead as we did this year.

Selections is so far down the list it's negligible. It's easy low hanging fruit when much more significant and long-term issues need to be addressed.

Neale said their lead at half time reminded him of the opening round game against us. He was more nervous at half time than at the start of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. I only had lachie as 4th or 5th best. A lot of cheapies in junk time to pad the numbers.

Ashcroft
Ah chee
Loimann
Mccluggage
Neale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simply not true. Has nothng to do with later in the game.

Consistently improved the coaches box along the way.

Hope we do the same.
Watched us v Cats..the 10 goal gamw.
We moved the ball really well.
We looked good.
I'm hopeful that Carlton comes back and some.

I'd say we've been relevant in each year under Voss

Well depends how you define relevant.

For me, only last year we were relevant. 2022 didn't even make the 8. Irrelevant. This year fell into the 8 and got absolutely belted in the ef. Irrelevant again.

Lions have finished top 4 every year since 2019 apart from one where they finished 6th but still made a prelim from there...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2024 AFL Grand Final - South Melbourne v Fitzroy 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back