overall: 432nd (top 6%)... down 27 spots
trades: 18

Sexton + Gawn(c) + Bont + Merrett + Anderson = :thumbsu:
Clohesy + Graham + Dawson + Sullivan = :thumbsdown:
not owning Ryan = :cryv1:

was missing 6 premos due to the bye, so not too much damage was done
Reid and Darcy's suspensions have forced my hand... they'll be traded
not too many downgrade targets atm... i'm actually considering 320k Reville
need a defender, and i'm looking at 770k Whitfield (can't afford Ryan)
i can add Jackson to my forward line after his bye (gives me DP link with Livingstone + RUC backup)
should have 22 available this week
Clohesy and Graham need to lift (i need some price rise)

Where the hell are the rookies at?!?!?

Hopefully the Kangas play ball with Geordie in straight up!

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Blight might get a gig for us. Geordie would be better being a R12 bye player.

I've gone Aleer as my downgrade to fund Zorko. Had his bye, low BE and finished that last game in style so hopefully has cemented a spot.

1921. Didn't take Daicos and cost myself 15 points with Marshall. Annoying after copping the Flanders 0 with Wilson on the bench not emergencied last week.

Stayed 68th overall. But 4th overall for team value (with 300k banked) and 19 trades left has me feeling like I'm in a good spot. Think I'll burn all 3 trades this week and get aggressive to really attack the later byes. Probably have a little bit of a slip this week having all of Clark, Serong and Young

D. Wilson out, J. Dunkley/E. Gulden in
S. Clohesy out, W. Dawson in?
J. Macrae out, Z. Fisher in
250k left for next week.

Leaves the 'best 22' looking like
D: Daicos, Young, NWM, Holmes, Clark, Whitfield (Howes, Dawson)
M: Dunkley, Serong, Green, Steele, Walsh, Miller, Oliver, Nic Martin DPP (McKercher, W. Graham, Sullivan)
R: Marshall, Gawn (Maley)
F: Heeney, Flanders, Zorko, Fisher, Sexton, Powell (Freijah, J. Richards)

Suspect I try to use all 3 trades next week (Howes/Will Graham for a cash grab, definitely Touk, and maybe one of Walsh/Holmes/Nic Martin/Clarry depending on who I think ends up best 22 for the year)

And then all 3 the week after (nobody clearly in the gun, so just about whether Freijah/Sullivan have maxed out or it looks like any of Steele or NWM aren't going to be best 22 guys). But potentially ends up a luxury trade on McKercher/Powell/Whitfield/Jordan Clark if there are strong contenders to replace.

and the week after and leave the byes with 10 trades.

I’m closing in on completing my midfield over the byes, what’s is everyone elses thoughts on the likely top8-10 players.

I tend to close out my midfield last, and generally end up with a few bargain types from M6 onwards. This year I’d like to have that run a bit deeper.
Thinking of just paying up for Dunkley and Zerrett (after his bye)

Thinking to just trade all of Reid, Clohessy, Comben & Wilson out - all useful rookies with value gone.

Heeney, Flanders/Warner (prefer Flanders but bye next week), Fisher & some rookie in.

Like the upgrades, bit worried about how my remaining rookies on field are going to score. Harvey Harrison at F6.......eeek.

I’m closing in on completing my midfield over the byes, what’s is everyone elses thoughts on the likely top8-10 players.

I tend to close out my midfield last, and generally end up with a few bargain types from M6 onwards. This year I’d like to have that run a bit deeper.
As it stands excluding DPP. (Half of current top 10 are)

Walsh, Serong, Dunkley, Zerrett, Treloar, Steele, Dawson, Bont, Anderson, Gulden,

Butters, Warner, Brayshaw could creep in.

I have completed my mids for now.
No DPP either.
Dunks, Bont, Walsh, Serong, Steele, Rowell, Green, Butters

Also completed defenders and rucks and have 5 decent forwards.
Need to downgrade/upgrade between Clohesy, Freijah, Sullivan and Breville
to get a 6th one. Zorko looks expensive though for now whilst others are a lot cheaper
and can be done in 2 trades leaving 8.

I stupidly went Oliver when could have been more patient and grabbed a proper premo later.

I've got Dawson, Serong, Bont, Steele, Zerrett, Green, Oliver and then need to upgrade Clohesy to finish. I think I'll aim for a proper upgrade rather than bargain bin. Although Rozee will be mighty tempting lol

As it stands excluding DPP. (Half of current top 10 are)

Walsh, Serong, Dunkley, Zerrett, Treloar, Steele, Dawson, Bont, Anderson, Gulden,

Butters, Warner, Brayshaw could creep in.

I have completed my mids for now.
No DPP either.
Dunks, Bont, Walsh, Serong, Steele, Rowell, Green, Butters

Also completed defenders and rucks and have 5 decent forwards.
Need to downgrade/upgrade between Clohesy, Freijah, Sullivan and Breville
to get a 6th one. Zorko looks expensive though for now whilst others are a lot cheaper
and can be done in 2 trades leaving 8.
First of all nice score last week, your team is coming along really well.
I’m down to 14 trades and just trying to weigh up how to attack the last few upgrades which will be centered around midfielders.

Gulden is the one that interests me this week, a total luxury trade will be trading Oliver to him this week. I’ve been on for Dunkley, but playing the breakeven game, Gulden is on fire the past 5 rounds and looks like a real option.

I stupidly went Oliver when could have been more patient and grabbed a proper premo later.

I've got Dawson, Serong, Bont, Steele, Zerrett, Green, Oliver and then need to upgrade Clohesy to finish. I think I'll aim for a proper upgrade rather than bargain bin. Although Rozee will be mighty tempting lol
I’ve been burnt by Oliver as well, this makes me wary of Green this week, but think he has more credits in the bank this year, especially with that injury 7 score.

I traded Rozee last week, something I should have done weeks ago in hindsight. Someone I’d look at bringing in again though, would be perfect as a M9 loophole option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's turning me off Gulden is taggers. He's outside enough that he feels taggable, esp with the form he's in. I guess Heeney/Warner also are so damaging so who do you go after?

But every year after the bye taggers seem to come back into fashion super hard, and some premos just cop it every week. So want to avoid the premiums that'll cop it.

What's turning me off Gulden is taggers. He's outside enough that he feels taggable, esp with the form he's in. I guess Heeney/Warner also are so damaging so who do you go after?

But every year after the bye taggers seem to come back into fashion super hard, and some premos just cop it every week. So want to avoid the premiums that'll cop it.
Warner making an extremely strong case it's going to need to be him.

Dowling debuting for Crows. Mid/fwd, which is what I need soon.

Also hoping Aleer stays in for GWS, because I've traded him in.
I'm grabbing Dowling this week. Should get good mid time with Crouch out and has been strong all year in the SANFL. Should have debuted way earlier. Darcy to Dowling and Crouch to Walsh for me. Then just need a downgrade option down back for Clohesy so that I can make last upgrade to fwd line.

Is Warner worth it? Set on Heeney and Fisher, but can get in a third premium. Warner, Zorko, LDU or Flanders.

Zorko seems too expensive, can guarantee an injury the moment I bring him in, but huge ceiling.

Flanders has a bye next week, seems to make sense to wait.

Warner on fire, but his big scores last two weeks have included 3 & 4 goal hauls, not sure that is sustainable.

LDU plays for North, enough said. Actually think he could be a sneaky pick though, has had good second halves of seasons before.

Hard choice.

I don't know. I will get him on the bubble, I guess. Lineups say O'Brien omitted, not managed, so maybe they're giving him a longer try.
O'Brien has been garbage all year and most of last year. Supporters have wanted to see Strachan get an extended run for a while. Unfortunately that injury means O'Brien will be straight back in though. Which is frustrating.

On the other hand, how good is Dowling !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back