Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Lalor is an absolute physical beast and he's most definitely not on the small side, both he and Bo Allan take no prisoners when it comes to physicality.
Bo Allan is immensely under rated in Victoria. For a kid he really is a tough no-nonsense sort and he's not going to get any less physical. The good thing is he had breakaway speed to go with it. I've watched a lot of videos of these prospects lately and I don't understand why Allan isn't being talked about as a 6 to 12 pick.

Bo Allan is immensely under rated in Victoria. For a kid he really is a tough no-nonsense sort and he's not going to get any less physical. The good thing is he had breakaway speed to go with it. I've watched a lot of videos of these prospects lately and I don't understand why Allan isn't being talked about as a 6 to 12 pick.
Yes sir, I have him at #4 behind 1. Sam Lalor 2. FOS 3. Sid Draper on my wish list for the Crows.

I think Melbourne do like him around our pick 9.

People have assumed because he's from WA he would automatically be picked by the Eagles or Freo, like its an automatic he will last to there. He might, but he could easily be snapped up in the few picks prior.

So far the Law-La comparisons to
Dusty
De Goey
LDU
Rayner

Has to be #1

The same comparisons only got Bailey Humphrey and Elijah Hewett up to 6 and 14 respectively in 2022.

We must have about 20 Dustin Martin’s running around at the moment.

People have assumed because he's from WA he would automatically be picked by the Eagles or Freo, like its an automatic he will last to there. He might, but he could easily be snapped up in the few picks prior.
His highlights are pretty special. Attacks the contest with manic intent and bolts off with the ball. There’s not many of those types around.

Plenty of Eagle and Freo fans saying they don't want him. I like him, he's one of three (Hotton, Lindsay) I'm hoping to get two of at 10 and 11.

He lacks a little BWA (ball-winning ability) but that could be somewhat due to his relative lack of midfield experience. At the least I think he makes it as a defender. He has great defensive mindset but also goes towards goal when he gets it. To me he's potentially a harder, faster, Shaun Grigg, which = very good player to have. Grigg was a very smart player, yet to be determined if Allan is, but he is athletically superior. Grigg's hands maybe better inside.

I don't think he's a good fit at West Coast with Ginbey already there. Adelaide might be a good fit. I see a lot of upside with him. When I first saw him in colts he was merely a close checking defender, which is fine and a handy string to his bow but now he's a genuine powerhouse. Seasoned league players were struggling to tackle him.

I truly believe that whichever club gets him will obtain a player who will be a star and play senior footy quickly depending on factors such as is the coach very conservative etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Melbourne do like him around our pick 9.
I was originally a little underwhelmed by Allan, but I got it wrong. I know there's a knock on his decision making and kicking, but having seen more of him they're overstated.

His pace, tenacity, marking, extraction and ability in the contest is phenomenal. I reckon he'll be a gun and well worthy of pick 9, or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back