Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like it's common knowledge amongst clubs at the top end that:

1) North will get #1 and draft Reid
2) WC will get #2 & #3 and draft Curtin and McKercher
3) Hawthorn will draft Duursma at #4

Otherwise the bulldogs have completely misread the situation in doing the deal they did to move up.
There’s basically two likely outcomes from here -
1) North take Curtin + McKercher, meaning you take Duursma and we get Watson.
2) North take Curtin + Duursma, meaning you take Watson and we get McKercher.

Both are great outcomes for the Dogs, so can’t imagine the club is worried either way

There’s basically two likely outcomes from here -
1) North take Curtin + McKercher, meaning you take Duursma and we get Watson.
2) North take Curtin + Duursma, meaning you take Watson and we get McKercher.

Both are great outcomes for the Dogs, so can’t imagine the club is worried either way
Agree. But this Tassie team worries me re McKercher. AFL will pay him $1.2m a year to relocate back to em in 2028.

Agree. But this Tassie team worries me re McKercher. AFL will pay him $1.2m a year to relocate back to em in 2028.
Yeah whichever team takes him will probably get ****ed by mediocre compensation when Tassie comes in (we “only” got Pick 6 for Callan Ward when GWS took him) but I’m also pretty confident that he’ll be a gun very early, so at minimum a team is getting 5 years of quality footy before losing him.

My preference is Watson but I can’t imagine the Dogs would be disappointed with either of him or McKercher. The only bad outcome for us is Duursma, as I can’t see him being as productive in the same forward line as Weightman and JUH.

It'll be fine. North will take McKercher in preparation for him being the marquee player in a league mandated merger with the new Tassie team when they're still cellar dwellers in 4 years time.

It'll be fine. North will take McKercher in preparation for him being the marquee player in a league mandated merger with the new Tassie team when they're still cellar dwellers in 4 years time.
I’ve actually been saying this to North supporters, if they pick Colby, it’s a directive from head office to make the merge more palatable for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brockman could have helped the Hawks a little once Freo came on the scene. But no he could not bluff a little….

Short memory Brocky no one wanted you at the end of the 2022 year and you shafted us!
How old are you?

I still reckon we are an outside chance of getting Pick 1.

The ball is in Norf's court. They either cough up 2&3 meaning we get Duursma or Eagles accept our offer and we get Reid.

Either way a win for us.

View attachment 1831137
Have you considered the third option? West Coast keep pick 1?

We get one of Curtin, McKercher, or Watson.

Identifying talent in the draft has been a strength, whoever we pick will be a gun.
Yes I am well aware, I was pointing out that the post ignored the actual pick situations as they actually stand. That the only possible outcome was West Coast trade away their pick one and that's a foregone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back