Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the greatest example of an KP early burner. In the first two seasons, Kozi was rotting in Box Hill with some pretty regular injuries. DGB has done far better than that and been first-team worthy at least.

Sure - the third season shares in Kozi's favour, but then he also has never hit those peaks since. Still time for DGB to develop into what he needs to be.

Agreed he needs to show more - but tbh, the coaching staff keep moving him around, so it's pretty hard for him to develop consistently when his position isn't even locked down. I just hope we can give him a clear set position for him to develop in, rather than this chop and change stuff.

Final thing I'll say is to quote Littlejohn, development is not a linear path. Dips, slumps and explosions are all part of youth development - hoping the latter clicks for DGB :)
For what it’s worth the Hawks AFL website has him listed as a Key Forward now.

Suggests that where they see his future lying?

For what it’s worth the Hawks AFL website has him listed as a Key Forward now.

Suggests that where they see his future lying?

Well based on Brocky and Kozi leaving, at the very least, there are plenty of spots to be filled :tearsofjoy:

Fingers crossed he follows Kozi's 3rd season lead, and explodes up forward for us in 2024 :) I do love how he flies at the ball - it's near kamikaze like at times. He's also a beautiful field kick. Just needs a little more poise.

Not really Hawks related directly, however it might effect the Kosi deal.

My mate works at the AFL and messaged me yesterday saying that the Clayton Oliver stuff has some legs, Richmond and Swans have both lodged interest.

Today he messaged me saying he keeps hearing Tom Lynch to Melbourne although he wasnt sure if it had anything to do with Clarry.

To me this all sounds too big to not be out there already and with Riewoldt leaving, trading Tom Lynch off as well would be hard to sell to the fans but it might mean that they are more desperate to bring in Kosi than originally thought

My mate works at the AFL and messaged me yesterday saying that the Clayton Oliver stuff has some legs, Richmond and Swans have both lodged interest.

Today he messaged me saying he keeps hearing Tom Lynch to Melbourne although he wasnt sure if it had anything to do with Clarry.

To me this all sounds too big to not be out there already and with Riewoldt leaving, trading Tom Lynch off as well would be hard to sell to the fans but it might mean that they are more desperate to bring in Kosi than originally thought

Tigers are screwed if thats true.

Richmond have a huge contract on their hands who is injury prone and maybe got another 2-3 years max.

Melbourne have 2-3 years left to win one and missing a key forward target.

Lynch would be a risk but one you take if you are Melbourne and he is seen as the missing piece.

Tigers if they can get a decent return and clear the 1.2 from their books would be crazy to not explore further.

Thanks for sharing. On the surface hard to fathom trading out Lynch even if you are offered significant overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After listening to a bit of trade radio and seeing the vomit that Cooney poses as a “mega trade” after having a twirl of the glass barbie, I thought I’d have a crack at a mega trade free of charge for Trade Radio

Essendon offer Gresham first round compo contract
St Kilda get pick 13

St Kilda trade pick 32 for Shiel

St Kilda trade pick 12 and 13 to Suns for pick 4 and future 2nd

Essendon trade pick 28, 32 and F3 to Suns for 12

WCE trade pick 34 to Hawks for Brockman

Hawks trade 30, 34 and F3 to Suns for Chol and 13

Which to sum it all up would mean:

So WCE give 34, Get Brockman
St Kilda give 12,13 Get 4 and F2
Essendon give Shiel, 28, 31, F3 for Pick 12,
Hawks give Brockman, 30 and F3 for 13 and Chol
Suns give 4, F2 and Chol, Get 28,30,31,34, F3 (Haw), F3 (ESS)

Suns give up 2048 in points and get back 2432

Hawks get their man in Chol, get a mid range R1 pick and get adequate compo for Brockman, thoughts?
Always love when people have a go and outcomes seem what teams would want, but several flaws unfortunately. First trade wouldn’t be allowed it is media nonsense. Second suns already have 8 scoring picks they won’t trade pick 4 until draft night to avoid the list spots restriction. Eagles don’t give up 39 for brockman let alone 34 it most likely will be 53.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back