Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why Herald Sun just running with Port are front runners but Hawthorn has emerged as a genuine option.

No sources so going each way likely

Big Cat Ratugolea chooses Power move​

Marc McGowan and Peter Ryan
Esava Ratugolea has informed Geelong he wants to play for Port Adelaide next year and beyond, 12 months after the Cats blocked his attempted move to Alberton.
Three senior football sources with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed Ratugolea’s decision.

Ratugolea, 25, is out of contract this time, meaning Geelong will not be able to drive as hard a bargain, although coach Chris Scott warned last month they would not hand him over for nothing.
The 197-centimetre big man started his career as a forward and ruckman before blossoming as a key defender in the past two seasons. He played 16 games this year and averaged almost three intercept marks, while playing on some of the competition’s best tall forwards.
Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.

Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.CREDIT:AFL PHOTOS
The Power maintained their interest in Ratugolea despite missing out on him last year and their persistence has paid off, with Hawthorn and Sydney now set to instead fight it out for North Melbourne’s restricted free agent defender Ben McKay.
“I don’t make list management calls – I’m involved in them – and I’ve been really clear how highly I rate Esava. I’m looking forward to him playing out the rest of his career at the Cats,” Scott said.
398914.jpg

Esava Ratugolea has informed Geelong he wants to play for Port Adelaide next year and beyond, 12 months after the Cats blocked his attempted move to Alberton.
Three senior football sources with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed Ratugolea’s decision.

Ratugolea, 25, is out of contract this time, meaning Geelong will not be able to drive as hard a bargain, although coach Chris Scott warned last month they would not hand him over for nothing.
The 197-centimetre big man started his career as a forward and ruckman before blossoming as a key defender in the past two seasons. He played 16 games this year and averaged almost three intercept marks, while playing on some of the competition’s best tall forwards.

The Power maintained their interest in Ratugolea despite missing out on him last year and their persistence has paid off, with Hawthorn and Sydney now set to instead fight it out for North Melbourne’s restricted free agent defender Ben McKay.
“I don’t make list management calls – I’m involved in them – and I’ve been really clear how highly I rate Esava. I’m looking forward to him playing out the rest of his career at the Cats,” Scott said.
AND IT ISN'T EVEN MY BIRTHDAY!

happy homer simpson GIF

Seems McKay just wants money. I really don’t see the point in picking him up given how high his price tag is going.

We got Amon for much less and he’s twice the player McKay will ever be. If Sydney wants to blow up their cap again by over paying let them.

Sure it means we won’t get as many free agents compared to teams that overpay but it also lets us build a much more solid list that’s more likely to win flags.

Chris Scott believing The Big Cat Rat is the next big thing and wants a Kings ransom.

I reckon a clean swap with Bow & Arrow boy and that’s that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jerry-seinfeld-popcorn.gif

Shane McAdam now please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back