Game Day 2023 Round 13 Sydney v St Kilda Thursday 8 June 7:10pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know he’s a champion of the game - but Buddy had a stinker.

Buddy was average

But perhaps if guys like Heeney and Papley stood up the 36 year old could play a lesser role

He’s not underdone, he’s just not very good
Showed some promising signs early this year but I agree. There's been a lot of hope hung on about 8 or 9 good quarters of footy over his entire career.

I think Logan will be a good player but anyone thinking we're completely set with Logan, McLean and Amartey as our our KP forwards for the next decade might be in for a shock.

Showed some promising signs early this year but I agree. There's been a lot of hope hung on about 8 or 9 good quarters of footy over his entire career.

I think Logan will be a good player but anyone thinking we're completely set with Logan, McLean and Amartey as our our KP forwards for the next decade might be in for a shock.

Agree and the Nauthon/ Tdk Rumours suggest that sydney Don't even think that as well.
Anyone thinking Warner Gulden Rowbottom means midfield is set might be in for a shock too sadly

We got 20 points up & then the arrogant fist pumping from Paps etc & I knew that was it. Gave up 2 easy goals right there.
I hate over celebrations when we get up but a few goals. Great when the goals get you back in the game. Okay when the game is well and truly iced (but then why?).

Otherwise, cut it out. Don’t give the opposition any motivation to get back in the game and don’t give your team mates any excuse to drop off.

There have been far too many examples with this team. Leaders need to make sure that s**t is cut out.

Doesn't matter which key forwards were out there tonight with how we were using it.

Plus Buddy really cracked in and made a contest when the ball came to him, we just gave him * all to work with.
Some people just don’t watch the game. He was held more often than not when the ball was bombed in and more often than not in one on one his opponent was afforded the luxury of the spare defender being third man in. I swear some people are watching a ****ing different sport before talking tripe here at times.

I know he’s a champion of the game - but Buddy had a stinker.
Has the spirit of a champion still but the body just can't go with it. He offers nothing defensively any more and when you have McLean down there too it really hurts us.

Not fussed if he stays in but with a fit forward line (lol) there's no room for him there any more, sadly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be real, this sport is played 90% above the shoulders.

We didnt draft bad kicks all of a sudden. Its a product of where the team is at. Low on confidence, players look lost. Instinct is the first thing to disappear when you have this sort of season.

Last edited:
Buddy in bottom 3 rated players on the ground even though he kicked 2 goals.
That’s a bad game.
I don’t know what to do. Just keep going I guess. I don’t care anymore either.

Lets be real, this sport is played 90% above the soldiers.

We didnt draft bad kicks all of a sudden. Its a product of where the team is at. Low on confidence, players look lost. Instinct is the first thing to disappear when you have this sort of season.

Wouldn’t say we actually missed that many kicks, it’s a lot to do with the way St Kilda play - horrible style to watch

Not sure about that either way yet, but he was an awful sub choice due to fitness and playing style
I don’t disagree about underdone but his fitness issues are never ending and that’s on the club by playing him tonight. I don’t think he is going to be a star by any means but just looked gassed every time he was involved. Would not be pinning our hopes on him. Does he have the attitude to be an AFL player ? Takes a lot more than being a good athlete that can take a grab.

I don’t disagree about underdone but his fitness issues are never ending and that’s on the club by playing him tonight. I don’t think he is going to be a star by any means but just looked gassed every time he was involved. Would not be pinning our hopes on him. Does he have the attitude to be an AFL player ? Takes a lot more than being a good athlete that can take a grab.

His ceiling imo is 20-30 goal a season forward if fit

and that is a big if, I don't care if he goes

If he stays cheap fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back