Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

We have beaten everyone below us, barring Richmond and the Crows. What else more can we do? We've beaten Sydney in Sydney, GWS away, put paid to yourselves, the Dogs and Essendon. Also pushed PA, the Pies and Dee's to the limit. I would suggest ladder position most certainly reflects form.
Form and record are different. You beat all those teams more than 10 weeks ago. That’s like saying the giants are the worst team in the comp cause they lost to west coast in round 2

I wonder what fish will look like in the context of our new shiny game plan - might just work nicely

Mate. It's worked for every other player. We should be giving blokes like Fisher a go with the new systems in place. Might find he goes back to the Fisher of last season. Also, he performed best when given his shot in the middle last year, surely now with three regular mids out it's time to give him another run?

Form and record are different. You beat all those teams more than 10 weeks ago. That’s like saying the giants are the worst team in the comp cause they lost to west coast in round 2

I'm a big picture sort of guy, and when you zoom out form and record aren't so different at all. Also, Hawthorn destroyed Brisbane at the G just a few weeks ago and we put those mustard wearing flogs to the sword.

Mate. It's worked for every other player. We should be giving blokes like Fisher a go with the new systems in place. Might find he goes back to the Fisher of last season. Also, he performed best when given his shot in the middle last year, surely now with three regular mids out it's time to give him another run?

I've seen a lot in this thread about this new system, new game plan, new team essentially right. So what's the difference, what has changed? I'm curious to know.

As to be following one team earlier in the season, to now be following a totally different team - in the same year mind you! - to be honest seems like a miracle, an act of God almost.

I'm a big picture sort of guy, and when you zoom out form and record aren't so different at all. Also, Hawthorn destroyed Brisbane at the G just a few weeks ago and we put those mustard wearing flogs to the sword.
You put the hawks to the sword for a quarter. Did you forget they got within a couple of goals only a quarter and a half later?

You put the hawks to the sword for a quarter. Did you forget they got within a couple of goals only a quarter and a half later?

And the swording resumed in earnest in the last. If we'd not fumbled around in front of goal once we'd put the game beyond reach, an 8 goal+ win was looming.

How is it a banana peel when you're below us on the ladder? Literally, if you win it's actually a scalp.

A scalp?
You guys on current form are heading out of the 8 with bullet.
Your club is pretty irrelevant even when you are playing good footy, which based on the last 5 matches or so you are not.
GWS are flying at the moment but no one really cares, same happens with your team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A scalp?
You guys on current form are heading out of the 8 with bullet.
Your club is pretty irrelevant even when you are playing good footy, which based on the last 5 matches or so you are not.
GWS are flying at the moment but no one really cares, same happens with your team.

OK so if beating a team who is clearly above you on the ladder is not a scalp, what is it then?

Luck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK so if beating a team who is clearly above you on the ladder is not a scalp, what is it then?

Luck?

The difference between 5 and 13 the is year is bugger all as the ladder suggests.
Beating 1 and 2 at this stage of the year is a scalp.
You lot are half a game in front with a piss weak percentage!
We have seriously underperformed this season and have almost the same wins as you, like I said not a scalp!

If you want to play that game, then suns beat them by 12 goals their very next game

Exactly. Let down for the Hawks after a big win (they've since bounced back) and the Sun's are in ripping form.

If anything, we copped WCE (rock bottom after Sydney thrashing, smacked by media entire lead-in), Norf (Ratten narrative, had lost 84 games in a row coming in) and Richmond (were literally in their best form of the year & McQualter honeymoon period) at very bad times this year. Not to mention the new-coach Suns for forks sake.

The difference between 5 and 13 the is year is bugger all as the ladder suggests.
Beating 1 and 2 at this stage of the year is a scalp.
You lot are half a game in front with a piss weak percentage!
We have seriously underperformed this season and have almost the same wins as you, like I said not a scalp!

Well it's not anything yet, because we haven't played. Best not to get ahead of yourselves now, we know how that turns out...

During pre season I thought fish and motlop would be our most improved and damaging pair the way they seemed to be bringing the ball into 50 and finding space -- would love to be right for once ..

Would be great. Definitely thought that about Fish. Motlop has surprised me; think he has been awesome. Carroll was the one I thought would take big steps this year. Still think he eventually will though.

Exactly. Let down for the Hawks after a big win (they've since bounced back) and the Sun's are in ripping form.

If anything, we copped WCE (rock bottom after Sydney thrashing, smacked by media entire lead-in), Norf (Ratten narrative, had lost 84 games in a row coming in) and Richmond (were literally in their best form of the year & McQualter honeymoon period) at very bad times this year. Not to mention the new-coach Suns for forks sake.
Are you trying to convince us, or yourself?

I strongly dislike the addition of Zac Fisher to this side. I would have picked any of the emergencies over him. Even Ed Curnow who I still believe should have retired in 2021.

Zac is the very definition of a downhill skiier. Turns up and plays well in easy wins against bottom sides but completely disappears when we play decent opposition. Too small. Doesn't tackle. Most of his touches are uncontested. And he simply does not hurt the opposition.

If Josh Honey ends up being sub we're essentially playing two short in the 4th quarter. Better hope we've got the game wrapped up by then.

We don’t need him forward - I’d expect them to play him as a mid rotation.

Well it's not anything yet, because we haven't played. Best not to get ahead of yourselves now, we know how that turns out...

Witty,
I laughed at your effort to paint a rosy picture on just scraping over the line against your lowly opponents.
If you lot were in good form surely you would have been a little more dominant?
Seems like you are trying to convince yourself that your team matters!

I've seen a lot in this thread about this new system, new game plan, new team essentially right. So what's the difference, what has changed? I'm curious to know.

As to be following one team earlier in the season, to now be following a totally different team - in the same year mind you! - to be honest seems like a miracle, an act of God almost.

nice avatar - now dontforget to help yoru mummy make some breakfast champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back