MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both carlton's suspensions are shit. The bump is dead. Every week the game gets weaker.

The ziebell fine takes the cake. An accidental trip caused by lunging at a faster player. MRP are idiots. Are they tight for money or something?
JZ fine is there because whether intentional or not it has the appearance of a professional free kick and is not something to encourage.

JZ fine is there because whether intentional or not it has the appearance of a professional free kick and is not something to encourage.
Professional free kicks are given all the time. Doesn't mean there should be a fine for them. I don't think there has been an ankle tap injury in the history of sport. And if there is it's incredibly rare.

If it was clear cut I would understand. The fact we are discussing ziebell's intention means that it isn't.

The right call on Young but it doesn't sit 100% comfortably with me. The idea that because Zurhaar is a "raging bull" then he is to some point to blame for the collision seems wrong. So, if it was Jared Polec and not Zurhaar, then it would have been a week? Are "raging bulls" discouraged? Should Zurhaar not have attacked the ball like he did? And because he did, he's liable for any contact against him?

For me, the contact wasn't head high - although only through luck - which means Young gets off. But did he only get off because he hit a player who is relentless for the ball? Seems incongruous to me.

Robbo’s analysis of the Zurhaar incident tonight just shows how much of a knob he is.

And the risk to injury of this incident versus Larkeys tunnel (yes still not great) is significantly different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The right call on Young but it doesn't sit 100% comfortably with me. The idea that because Zurhaar is a "raging bull" then he is to some point to blame for the collision seems wrong. So, if it was Jared Polec and not Zurhaar, then it would have been a week? Are "raging bulls" discouraged? Should Zurhaar not have attacked the ball like he did? And because he did, he's liable for any contact against him?

For me, the contact wasn't head high - although only through luck - which means Young gets off. But did he only get off because he hit a player who is relentless for the ball? Seems incongruous to me.
I feel somewhat the same, though I think it's less a case that Zurharr is somewhat to blame for the collision and more that he could/should have protected himself better. Not the first time he's been split down the middle like that.

I also think it was a fairly legitimate shepherd, though I suppose it's a matter of microseconds between it being that or a bump.

While I believe that young shouldn't have copped a week to begin with, Carlton blaming zurhaar for the collision is ****ing pathetic and piss weak

I feel somewhat the same, though I think it's less a case that Zurharr is somewhat to blame for the collision and more that he could/should have protected himself better. Not the first time he's been split down the middle like that.

I also think it was a fairly legitimate shepherd, though I suppose it's a matter of microseconds between it being that or a bump.
This is a consequence of the AFL trying to remove the bump and intense front on contact over the last decade or so. Once upon a time it was assumed players in that position would bump/brace for contact cos they knew it was coming.

Its a good thing he got off but I share some of Mastermind's concerns about the reasoning.

Lewis dis not play the ball. He ran past it in Byron Pickett style. I though that was a big no no in the eyes of the tribunal. He had an alternative, show some courage and grab the pill. He stepped past it and took Zurharr out.

Lewis dis not play the ball. He ran past it in Byron Pickett style. I though that was a big no no in the eyes of the tribunal. He had an alternative, show some courage and grab the pill. He stepped past it and took Zurharr out.
No he didn't. He braced for the impact before the ball or Zurhaar had even got to him. It was at the last moment tho, I doubt he had time to get out of the way.

He threw up his arms in front of his face and skipped out the way to avoid Zurhaars head. Which honestly he deserves credit for, not a suspension. He's showing a duty of care.

Chop would have drilled him. Zurhaar wouldn't have got up. Might have snapped his spine.

Full props to Zurhaar for eyes on the ball courage and intent too, but once upon a time both of them would have instinctively bumped each other and whoever won the contest, if any of them did, they'd have both jogged away with maybe a bruised deltoid.

Full props to Zurhaar for eyes on the ball courage and intent too, but once upon a time both of them would have instinctively bumped each other and whoever won the contest, if any of them did, they'd have both jogged away with maybe a bruised deltoid.

Yeah a few years ago Zurhaar would’ve been the subject of vitriol having put Lewis into next week.

Last edited:
No he didn't. He braced for the impact before the ball or Zurhaar had even got to him. It was at the last moment tho, I doubt he had time to get out of the way.

He threw up his arms in front of his face and skipped out the way to avoid Zurhaars head. Which honestly he deserves credit for, not a suspension. He's showing a duty of care.

Chop would have drilled him. Zurhaar wouldn't have got up. Might have snapped his spine.

Line ball. Zurharr doesn't take possession. He is about too but then the collision occurs right at that moment because Lewis lines him up much earlier than the contest. For him to say Zurharr charged at him is ridiculous.

The decision was apparently overturned due to the angle of Zurhaar's head. The deliberation was on whether or not his head was "down and over the ball". It appears from the detail described on the hearing that the action of lewis was not considered in the evidence.

FFS!

Line ball. Zurharr doesn't take possession. He is about too but then the collision occurs right at that moment because Lewis lines him up much earlier than the contest. For him to say Zurharr charged at him is ridiculous.
I agree about that bolded bit.

But he's trying to get off a suspension he didn't really deserve so I honestly don't blame him.

North Melbourne midfielder Jed Anderson has been fined following the AFL Match Review for Friday night's game.

The 28-year-old was charged with striking Fremantle midfielder Andrew Brayshaw in the second quarter.

Having been graded as intentional, low impact and body contact, the incident was classified as a $3000 sanction.

skLsX4wP.jpg

As it was his first offence, Anderson can accept a $2000 fine with an early plea.

The finding will be a relief for the inside midfielder, who will hope to build further continuity having missed the first seven matches of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back