List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we need a forward pocket from the WAFL/VFL/SANFL to replace Schultz. I think we can replace his defensive pressure, tackles and work rate with a midfielder from there. Find one with a man body and ready to go, a long kick who can slot a set shot when given the chance.

But we will change the way we play if we added Collard and O'Driscoll to the forward half. All of Amiss, Frederick, Collard and O'Driscoll, potentially even Sturt would be too fast to contain and we will leave most of our players in the back half and kick over the top.

To be fair it must be that bombers haven't lodged greshams contract yet

Gresham nominated the bombers but I don't think we have a confirmed contract yet

Still weird the saints haven't got anything done yet

Tonga Bob Snuffaluphagus Van_Dyke

Can we please perma-ban anyone that bumps a player thread during trade week? We've all suffered enough already and then I see Sturt's thread up the top of the feed this morning. Unacceptable.

*unless it's a contract extension

**or the player making a public statement that torches the player leaving

Tom Emmett, 2 goal per game average, 1.5 goals per game from free kicks.
5th fastest man on the field against Port Adelaide 0.1km/h slower than Rozee and Butters.
Ranks 5th league wide for average score involvements per game.

inserts 'great potential [from Stargate SG1 Fifth Race Episode]' gif

Mr Gary Lyon, no one said Schultz is a superstar. Then why the current premiers chasing him with a 5 year deal with more than decent money? And pick 19 may become 24 or 25 on draft night. What your club asked for Harrison Petty? Is he superstar?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Worst part is Lyon has actually commentated a decent amount of Freo games, so he knows first hand that Schultz is a gun.

Watch him come out and say how good he is within the first month of the 2024 season

Mr Gary Lyon, no one said Schultz is a superstar. Then why the current premiers chasing him with a 5 year deal with more than decent money? And pick 19 may become 24 or 25 on draft night. What your club asked for Harrison Petty? Is he superstar?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s the usual story of he would be a superstar if he was playing in Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could freo turn someone like Maurice Rioli? I no most mightn’t be heaps keen but he’s only 21. I’d happily say he’ll end up better then brockman, just spit balling but I think freo will try to get someone in

Also. I’m gutted with Schultz. Just embodies everything we love as Freo supporters. There is no way we can replace his output and passion in the next couple of years.

BUT

He’s probably reached his ceiling, and if he was ever going to leave, now would be the best time for the club to maximise his value. (Yes, I’m trying to rationalise this)
Fair assessment.

I'm pulling back from the 'bleeds purple' mantra that has been associated with Schultz. Nominating Pies and requesting a trade after Brockman has nominated WC have done nothing for us.

I am concerned that the trade appears to be from left field. The club should have been ahead of this, but instead we got the club opinion it would be a quiet trade period. In the meantime Henry and Schultz are packing their bags.

View attachment 1827972Cooney best 23 for next year
There's one thing missing...
Crabs Crab Rave GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back