Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, the question wasn’t posed to you so how about let The Hamburgler answer in the first instance
So you only respond to posts where you’ve been asked a question?

Your interrogation clearly was designed in a way that was intended to cast doubt on his info, when others who agree with your position you’ve let slide.

If you don’t want to be picked up on it, don’t be so transparent.

Also don't see what Ugle-Haggan has done to be rated so highly as to be re-drafted back at 1. Especially when Thilthorpe is dropping back, even though you could say Thilthorpe has had the better of JUH thus far into their careers.
Gee personally I’d take on current output JUH

Mate, the question wasn’t posed to you so how about let The Hamburgler answer in the first instance

PS as the self appointed Chairman of Directness, not sure how you have an issue of me trying to delve into sources where first hand knowledge WOULD be required to be so definitive. I am basically being you here :) (feels just a little dirty by the way haha)
Nice edit. I have an issue with hypocrites. Ask the same questions of others if that’s what you’re trying to do.

Nah, you could never be me.

Also don't see what Ugle-Haggan has done to be rated so highly as to be re-drafted back at 1. Especially when Thilthorpe is dropping back, even though you could say Thilthorpe has had the better of JUH thus far into their careers.
JUH showed more consistency this year just gone, but RT’s glimpses have been just as impressive

Can understand why JUH and LMac are higher at this point in time, though

mate the difficulty is people I have met in regional areas in SO many countries - inc in SA (the Riverland, Yorke Pen where I spent much time decades ago) say the same thing about Adelaide. Why would anyone want to live in that big busy expensive $hithole. They have the same perspective as you do but comparing Berri to Adelaide (compared to Adelaide to Sydney).

When I lived 1.5 hrs out of London for a couple of months the same thing from people in their mid 20s who had NEVER been to (in my view) one of the great cities of the world had the same sentiments.

By constantly saying a bigger, more popular (and therefore more in demand and more expensive), generally more sophisticated place with MANY more options for work, entertainment etc place is $hithouse then where do you draw the line? Is ADL a $hithole? Melbourne? London? You see the point...
The most recent stats I can find seem to suggest that your fellow citizens don't agree with you

Screenshot_20231129_162057_Chrome.png

Nice edit. I have an issue with hypocrites. Ask the same questions of others if that’s what you’re trying to do.

Nah, you could never be me.

I genuinely have no interest in debating this further with you. My initial question - and light hearted edit - is a 100% legit question to ask about under the circumstances.

Feel free to have the last say if that’s important to you. Have a good night old mate and trust you are jumping for joy with Curtin and Edwards. So good to see the forces of light and positivity disproportionate standing up over the last week or so.

The most recent stats I can find seem to suggest that your fellow citizens don't agree with you

View attachment 1862878
Look I have lived almost exclusively in the Byron Bay shire for the last 15 years so not defending Sydney (or even NSW) specifically at all. Just making a generic point that perhaps you don’t agree with. When an older sibling moved to Berri (teacher at Loxton HS - Modra boys were apparently ferals at school but Mods always extraordinary athlete) 30-35 years ago and meeting his new batch of friends who hated Adelaide with a passion due to the cost of housing and traffic issues etc. Just making the point this is a common issue from all smaller towns/cities relative to larger towns/cities.

The stats will also show over many years, SA has an unfortunate “brain drain” of Uni graduates/young professionals to the eastern states for career reasons. But Adelaide has changed a lot over he decades, it’s always home for me, love flying in and I am not bagging it at all but I just find it sad when people talk up Adelaide vs true global cities like Melbourne or Sydney. Just appreciate all the good things rather than bag out the bigger more successful cities

Look I have lived almost exclusively in the Byron Bay shire for the last 15 years so not defending Sydney (or even NSW) specifically at all. Just making a generic point that perhaps you don’t agree with. When an older sibling moved to Berri (teacher at Loxton HS - Modra boys were apparently ferals at school but Mods always extraordinary athlete) 30-35 years ago and meeting his new batch of friends who hated Adelaide with a passion due to the cost of housing and traffic issues etc. Just making the point this is a common issue from all smaller towns/cities relative to larger towns/cities.

The stats will also show over many years, SA has an unfortunate “brain drain” of Uni graduates/young professionals to the eastern states for career reasons. But Adelaide has changed a lot over he decades, it’s always home for me, love flying in and I am not bagging it at all but I just find it sad when people talk up Adelaide vs true global cities like Melbourne or Sydney. Just appreciate all the good things rather than bag out the bigger more successful cities
Word salad with a fresh topping of name dropping...

Word salad with a fresh topping of name dropping...
Ok, firstly please don’t feel the need to quote Sanders fave sayings.

Simply, people from smaller towns/cities in general find fault in larger town/cities. But justify their own town/city as the “right size”. That’s it. Pretty simple really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you officially involved with GWS recruiting that evening? I believe what you are saying but to be so definitive you clearly aren’t “guessing” and would need to have this first hand knowledge. And that means ONlY from the GWS camp as ALL other sources including Crows and Freo recruiters, Pedlar and his family/Management would never know for sure the true intent of GWS recruiters.

If gws were into pedlar with their first pick, wouldn't they've been disappointed in the video when Crows took him?

They were in total shock. Almost like, how could you pick him so early?

Anyhow, doesn't really matter. We got him ✌️

Ok, firstly please don’t feel the need to quote Sanders fave sayings.

Simply, people from smaller towns/cities in general find fault in larger town/cities. But justify their own town/city as the “right size”. That’s it. Pretty simple really.
That's just a stupid generalisation. The fact is people are leaving big Sydney in droves. It's an unaffordable shell of its former self. Facts are, there's a world wide trend away from the big urban centres based on lifestyle and affordability accelerared by the pandemic and aided by the trend towards remote work and the gig economy. The reasons to live in large cities - employment, entertainment etc - are diminishing. These are facts.

Your quaint opinion may have been true 20 years ago, but times have changed.

If gws were into pedlar with their first pick, wouldn't they've been disappointed in the video when Crows took him?

They were in total shock. Almost like, how could you pick him so early?

Anyhow, doesn't really matter. We got him ✌️
And i get this feeling now he has had an injury free season under him and a couple of strong presrasons, we might get to see much more of him on ball and that is something i have been waiting to see

The larger looking down their nose at the smaller city/towns
I think you are definitely correct here mate. And I am not condoning it.

Everyone has control of their own life and make decisions to hopefully optimise happiness in their own life. Bagging cities - Adelaide/Sydney/London/wherever can be an easy quick attempt at humour but ultimately agree people live where they want to.
That's just a stupid generalisation. The fact is people are leaving big Sydney in droves. It's an unaffordable shell of its former self. Facts are, there's a world wide trend away from the big urban centres based on lifestyle and affordability accelerared by the pandemic and aided by the trend towards remote work and the gig economy. The reasons to live in large cities - employment, entertainment etc - are diminishing. These are facts.

Obviously I have hit a nerve here Feenix which I genuinely wasn’t trying to do.

Ive always considered you a decent” big picture” poster. Don’t impersonate others that have been banned by playing the man, not the ball.

How about sticking to facts, and the facts are below. Adelaide is the slowest growing population of all capital cities over 50 years. ABS data. I have worked extensively in economics related sectors. Are you now going to dispute this? Perhaps just let it go and don’t respond would be best mate

• The number of people living in Australia's capital cities more than doubled in the last 50 years.
  • The share of the country's population in the capitals also grew
Between 1971 and 2021:

• Melbourne had the largest population growth (up by 2.4 million people) or 90%, followed by Sydney (2.2 million) or 74%
  • Darwin (up by 282%) was the fastest growing capital, followed by Canberra (200%) and Perth (194%)
  • Adelaide (59%) and Hobart (60%) had the slowest growth

Attachments

• 1701247348237.png
    1701247348237.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

5000 people leaving a city of 8m isn't droves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back