2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so in that article it says McLaughlin is unlikely to secure a new deal? If that’s correct, that leaves us with

King
Lukosius
1st year Jed Walter
34 year old Levi
Sam Day

as our entire KPF depth?

Unless they are hoping Moyle can come on quickly as a resting/ruck forward (Dimma liked playing 2 rucks) that’s very unnecessarily thin depth?
You could probably add Read into that list, then there's Jeffery and Andrew who maybe could be seen as forwards under dimma. The tigers did win premierships with 1 or 2 key forwards. Others aren't expecting much from walter next year but I wouldn't be surprised if he can impact pretty early especially with King taking the no1 back.

Wait, so in that article it says McLaughlin is unlikely to secure a new deal? If that’s correct, that leaves us with

King
Lukosius
1st year Jed Walter
34 year old Levi
Sam Day

as our entire KPF depth?

Unless they are hoping Moyle can come on quickly as a resting/ruck forward (Dimma liked playing 2 rucks) that’s very unnecessarily thin depth?

I think playing 2 rucks is a real possibility. Witts body can’t handle it alone anymore, especially with the end goal to continue playing into September.

And Moyle needs to start playing regular senior footy next season for multiple reasons.

Collingwood just won the flag with Billy frampton as their depth, I think we are ok in that area.

King
Lukosius
1st year Jed Walter
34 year old Levi
Sam Day

as our entire KPF depth?

If McLaughlin goes…
There’s some big plan going on behind the scenes

Might be focusing more on getting a good afl team and not so much about the vfl team next year.
You would hope that that has been our focus for the last 12 years and not something we are only just discovered.

I also reckon we have been told you’re losing rookie spots.
Explains Constable and Blakely already moving on.

King
Lukosius
1st year Jed Walter
34 year old Levi
Sam Day

as our entire KPF depth?

Probably comparable to other teams.

E.g. Lions - Daniher, Hipwood and then Fullarton (who will probably leave this off-season), Fort and then young ruck Lane and ruck/forward Smith (Moyle is way better than both at this stage) who played no AFL games.

Oh boy. Going from a full stable of backup KPF’s to Day (can’t believe he is getting another year) Walter and Read.

McLaughlin should have been given a chance over Day late in the year, to see how he handled the level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I’m concerned it might be a mistake to let Hollands go. Kid has real talent, just hasn’t shown much of it yet. I’d like to see him with another year since his ACL and if Dimma can get the best out of him.

I'm torn. If he was aware of how poor he was this year and is dead set committed to having a Flanders like pre season I'd back him in for another year based on talent alone. If he says he wants to go then we've seen his output when he's half hearted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should be going up the road and asking the question of Darcy Gardiner can’t get a consistent game at the Lions.
Held Carlton’s forwards to 1 mark and 1 goal with 11 spoils to his name in the Prelim

Would be on average coin.

Releases Ballard onto the third tall forward rather then a gorilla.

I think we should be going up the road and asking the question of Darcy Gardiner can’t get a consistent game at the Lions.
Held Carlton’s forwards to 1 mark and 1 goal with 11 spoils to his name in the Prelim

Would be on average coin.

Releases Ballard onto the third tall forward rather then a gorilla.
To do this, the club would need to decide if Mac Andrew or Collins get dropped.

A good KPD is a dream of mine, but I just don’t see them removing any of our key backs from the best 22 atm. And we can’t really run 4.

Can’t see him moving from maybe being in a premiership team to maybe being on a GC best 22…

You got already 4 players gone - Jed Anderson, Burgess, Blakely, Constable. That's your initial delisting. More probably coming beside Sharp, Hollands, Chol. Stein? Tsitas?

Has the club officially announced Chook Is retiring? Can’t recall seeing any posts, media etc.

Anyone actually see Holman get extended by 1 year? He's suppose to be OOC this year

Holman, Day, Sharp, Tsitas, Casboult, Uwland, Faulkhead, Stein, McLaughlin, Macpherson, Brock, Oea OOC according to my spreadsheet..... Hard to find anything online which is a joke

Holman, Day, Sharp, Tsitas, Casboult, Uwland, Faulkhead, Stein, McLaughlin, Macpherson, Brock, Oea OOC according to my spreadsheet..... Hard to find anything online which is a joke
Levi got a 1 year extension, as did Oea.

All I could find for the rest is that Holman and Machpherson are contracted until 2024, but i'm not sure.

I think Day, Uwland, Mclaughlin and Brock will likely be offered contracts, every one else is either delisted or traded.
With a new coach and assistants i would gather there is still on going talks with talent about their roles at the club in the future.

Also with the lack of info on list spots it's going to hard to make any list changes.

Nicholas Holman​

#7 Gold Coast Suns
Age: 28yr 4mth Games: 110 Born: May 29, 1995 Origin: Central District
Height: 189cm Weight: 86kg Position: Forward
First Drafted: Round 3, Pick #51 2013 National Draft by Carlton Blues
Last Drafted: Round 2, Pick #19 2017 Rookie Draft by Gold Coast Suns
Supercoach Price: $270,500 Supercoach Profile
AFL Fantasy Price: $416,000 AFL Fantasy Profile
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2024 AFL Player Contracts
extended for 2 years in 2019 and then again for 2 in 2021, so not sure where the extra year came from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back