2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the proposed deal as of right now? Seems like we conducted an auction and the Dogs have been the most keen of the bidders.
10 + 17 + 36 according to Morris today. Morris also claimed Chol will not be Sun - Lions, Crows and Hawks interested.

10 + 17 + 36 according to Morris today. Morris also claimed Chol will not be Sun - Lions, Crows and Hawks interested.
Aaaand there it is. FML.

Disappointing we are so non chalant about turfing Chol. One injury to Ben King and Casboult injured/dwindled form and we're stuck with Burgess and a first year Walter. Dumb ****ing move.

Dimma get off the cones and give Craig Cameron a turkey slap.

Aaaand there it is. FML.

Disappointing we are so non chalant about turfing Chol. One injury to Ben King and Casboult injured/dwindled form and we're stuck with Burgess and a first year Walter. Dumb ******* move.

Haha, you better slap Dimma. it's his call. BTW, there was SEN report on Fri that Burgess to Crows will happen. Get ready for Day one more year :p

Last edited:
Pretty good haul for us. Fair to say we'll take it as it covers all our academy bids this year and will help us match bids on Lombard/Nancarrow next year.
3 x 1st rounders this year + more to come next year.. Eddie (the sociopath) McGuire and the VFL won't like that.
Please be careful with your academy... You'll ruin it for all of us!

Aaaand there it is. FML.

Disappointing we are so non chalant about turfing Chol. One injury to Ben King and Casboult injured/dwindled form and we're stuck with Burgess and a first year Walter. Dumb ******* move.

Don’t be surprised if Burgess is gone too…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

888 points overs (pick 20). What would you like (something realistic)?
We took 1 player last year, traded out Bowes and pick 7, all in preperation for this year's academy selections. Now we are trading out pick 4 for picks, to again, be swallowed up by points and will end up with a bag of 2nd and 3rd rounders that we won't use. So that's 2 years in a row we are preparing for 3 selections to our own academy. Not to mention we will trade out 2 more mature players in Chol and Sharp, but keep a 34 year old Casboult.

Trading 4 for a future pick is fine, trading up for a pick before Walter seems like something any other club would do, but we are doing the absolute minimum, litterally anybody could get the 4 academy picks but that's all we want to achieve. Just more mediocrity.

We took 1 player last year, traded out Bowes and pick 7, all in preperation for this year's academy selections. Now we are trading out pick 4 for picks, to again, be swallowed up by points and will end up with a bag of 2nd and 3rd rounders that we won't use. So that's 2 years in a row we are preparing for 3 selections to our own academy. Not to mention we will trade out 2 more mature players in Chol and Sharp, but keep a 34 year old Casboult.

Trading 4 for a future pick is fine, trading up for a pick before Walter seems like something any other club would do, but we are doing the absolute minimum, litterally anybody could get the 4 academy picks but that's all we want to achieve. Just more mediocrity.
How many clubs have had to match 2 bids in the top 5 and another around 10? It's a huge amount of points to match that.

These aren't just late pick academy players, Walter and Read would probably go 1 and 2 if they were in the open draft.

How many clubs have had to match 2 bids in the top 5 and another around 10? It's a huge amount of points to match that.

These aren't just late pick academy players, Walter and Read would probably go 1 and 2 if they were in the open draft.
Wishful thinking Walter would be pushing pick 1… Read pushing top 5 likely closer to 10

There is talk North will get PP 11 and as a result North offering 11 + 15 + not bid on Walter <-> pick 4.
Hawks would probably bid on Walter with pick 4.

11 + 15 = 2441. Pick 4 is 2034. Walter bid coming at pick 4 instead of pick 2 would save us 386 points. Total 793 points overs.

Ralph's mentioned WB 10+17 + F1 <-> 4 + F2 (something back). If WB will finish 6th and Suns 8th next year that would be 977 points overs.
You lay out the options well. Both these deals are pretty similar given Norf have the ability to save us points by not bidding.

I could see us doing the North deal if there was a little something extra for us like swapping our F2s, or their F2 for our F3 given there is talk that the AFL will give them an extra F2 next year.

You lay out the options well. Both these deals are pretty similar given Norf have the ability to save us points by not bidding.

I could see us doing the North deal if there was a little something extra for us like swapping our F2s, or their F2 for our F3 given there is talk that the AFL will give them an extra F2 next year.
Yeah, both looking pretty similar, but I am with people saying that Clarko and North can GFY for their constant whinging and complaining about Suns. Unless their offer would be much better :)

Delistings tomorrow?
Hope they give them 48hours to enjoy it tbh
Yeah, I’d like them to have time to celebrate. Nobody wants to be delisted hungover…

In saying that, some brutal calls are going to happen. With Blakely and Thompson the only two retirements this year I can think of, we have quite a few calls to make to fit our 4 draftees in. This only gets worse if AFL reduce our list size…

Yeah, I’d like them to have time to celebrate. Nobody wants to be delisted hungover…

In saying that, some brutal calls are going to happen. With Blakely and Thompson the only two retirements this year I can think of, we have quite a few calls to make to fit our 4 draftees in. This only gets worse if AFL reduce our list size…
Thompson retired last year. To date Blakely is the only list change. Safe to say Jed Anderson has retired too however hasn’t been formally announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back