2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical:
Rankine goes we get pick 4
Richmond would be super keen to get one of the Vic midfielders at 4 so send them pick 4 for 10,18.
Trade pick 8 for dusty
Trade pick 18 for tarryn thomas
Draft hollands at 10
Turn rankine into dusty and thomas, not sure where the cash comes from but maybe by then we get rid of fiorini and co.

If they want Rankine… give them Fiorini too
Or give them Atkins back 🤣

If he does go for big cash it is understandable I love the people I work with and my job but if some one else turned up to my house and dropped a truck load of cash at my front door I’d jump ship too
It’s just so frustrating we’re back here already again on the cusp of losing one of our most talented players
I really thought this was past us this year and we wouldn’t be stressing about this and more excited to build the list in the silly season

I like the interest in Dyson Heppell. I don’t think he plays 22 games a year for us but he’s a good leader and has played some good footy in the last month. I’d probably rather him on the field over Atkins, MacPherson, Fiorini and Markov

Plus the warm weather and a different environment helped Casbault, so I think it could be worth the gamble.

I like the interest in Dyson Heppell. I don’t think he plays 22 games a year for us but he’s a good leader and has played some good footy in the last month. I’d probably rather him on the field over Atkins, MacPherson, Fiorini and Markov

Plus the warm weather and a different environment helped Casbault, so I think it could be worth the gamble.

Rather spend that cash on Rankine.

Rather spend that cash on Rankine.
I’ve heard Suns came to the party with the cash but Rankines family are putting massive pressure on him to go home.

And it might be the best thing for us. GWS are in a hole right now because they have all these top end players that are on huge cash and aren’t performing. In the four years Izak has been with us, he missed the first injured, second played half a season and went missing after his first few games. Third season was terrible. And this year has had some great games and been invisible in some. He’s not worth more than Touk and Ben King but he’s asking for more than them. Not worth burning your salary cap over one player

I’ve heard Suns came to the party with the cash but Rankines family are putting massive pressure on him to go home.

And it might be the best thing for us. GWS are in a hole right now because they have all these top end players that are on huge cash and aren’t performing. In the four years Izak has been with us, he missed the first injured, second played half a season and went missing after his first few games. Third season was terrible. And this year has had some great games and been invisible in some. He’s not worth more than Touk and Ben King but he’s asking for more than them. Not worth burning your salary cap over one player

You have a good point. And we do have small forwards fighting to take his spot. I guess it’s the what he will become that annoys me. Such a gifted player.

Looks like we are definitely going with the hawthorn/ Geelong model where players may have to sacrifice a few $$ to stick together to have success. They couldn't match the huge offers for franklin or ablett but they backed in their system and added players from other teams that would come over to achieve that premiership they were searching for. So far it seems majority of our team are buying in and along the way there will be one or two that may see their bank balance or playing at home more important than Premierships but I think if you ask the guys at the hawks if they wish they'd taken the bigger offer elsewhere they would all give the same answer. Will be shattered to lose rankine but the club is bigger and we move forward. On a side note he won't want to put up any half arsed performances if playing in Adelaide, especially the price they are paying, the media and public will be ruthless and I'm not sure he will enjoy it.

If Mally Rosas improves, hes basically a cheaper Rankine but doesn't cost a significant portion of our cap and unsettle players who have already agreed to less for the team. Showed he was loyal when Essendon came sniffing.

If Mally Rosas improves, hes basically a cheaper Rankine but doesn't cost a significant portion of our cap and unsettle players who have already agreed to less for the team. Showed he was loyal when Essendon came sniffing.

I’d be interested to see the stats between them at the same age or same games played.

Wouldn't mind looking at Fischer McAsey as PART of the Rankine deal, or a Jordan Butts, Tom DoeDee, Josh Worrel.

Or pick 4/Josh Rachele.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1659586534913.png

Apparently Matthew Sadlers Family are friends with the Zurharrs according to the Norf board.

Got to ask the question surely - if we already haven't. :cool:

Last edited:
Dude what is your obsession with out norf players haha?

Only 2 - LDU and Zurharr mate. Both players I really rate.

Both totally gettable as Norf are in a world of strife.

Why do I visit the Norf board?

Thats easy - go read the Alistair Clarkson thread....if he doesn't sign, the Samaritans will need to do a recruitment drive!

Plus I have a really shite job, so nothing better to do!

Don't reckon sheezel gets to 4, especially when 4 is actually 5 when you consider ashcroft.
I would say;

Brisbane - Ashcroft
North - Tsatas/Busslinger/Cadman (Any tall really)
Eagles - Wardlaw/Clark (Inside/outside mid)
Crows - Tsatas (Anything really)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back