2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make or break for Flanders once he goes in the middle. We know he can't play any other position well so give him a chance there and see what happens.
I don’t think Dew will do that, it would take one of Rowell, Touk, Anderson or Swallow to be injured and we know he already favours Davies so can’t see it. It’s a pity as much like Brodie he may flourish with opportunity it that will likely be elsewhere

Hollands only played midfield in the last game, while mainly being played off half back and wing due to his versatility accommodating other kids who could only play midfield. Those spots are something we can use a quality ball user in.

Would be a great pick up. Pick 7/8 is a reach but if we end up shifting picks around and get something 12-15 then that would be reasonable value and good fit.
Might well end up with Brisbane's first too, assume they will trade it for points.

Hollands only played midfield in the last game, while mainly being played off half back and wing due to his versatility accommodating other kids who could only play midfield. Those spots are something we can use a quality ball user in.

Would be a great pick up. Pick 7/8 is a reach but if we end up shifting picks around and get something 12-15 then that would be reasonable value and good fit.
I’d hate to see us moving back and missing out on him if he’s a player we want. Gives me Clayton Oliver shivers all over again. He looks a player to me and we get the added benefit of bolstering our chances of keeping Elijah long term.

I’d hate to see us moving back and missing out on him if he’s a player we want. Gives me Clayton Oliver shivers all over again. He looks a player to me and we get the added benefit of bolstering our chances of keeping Elijah long term.
Could absolutely start his career on the HBF to get acclimatised before moving into the middle in a couple of years as well with his skill set.

Probably the easiest position to plug and play a rookie (we’ve done it with Buddas and Kk previously), and gives us more depth in that area, and by the time he starts to tire in the back half of the season we should have at least one of Weller/Buddas looking to come back.

Obviously a lot to play out before the draft, but not a pick I would be disappointed with at this stage.

Jeka came on at half-time in the Hawks game at CHB
Went alright, and showed some very good moments. I was there with my partner so saw first hand.
OOC at end of year

With Powell, Ballard, Buderick and Weller out for long periods, and RT and SD looking at the end - an OOC KPD at 21 years of age with 3 yrs in the VFL/AFL system has to be worth keeping an eye on.

Hmmm again

TT is supposed to be playing in Norfs VFL team - but is in Sydney the night before..

1659229034983.png

1659229122879.png

Something defo going on with TT.

According to Norf VFL watchers TT is now back in Melb - strange behaviour though - clearly unsettled.

Would not trust him at all to get the most out of himself as a football player up here.

Jack Martin vibes.
Wouldn’t trust him either.
But if we’ve got our off field set up right. You would hope we could help him turn it around.

I would be quite excited to get someone with his talent to the club - if the price is right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark my words it will end up being Will Brodie 2.0 Fiorini will go to another club and end up being a star to continue the trend.
He has had every chance to here. He isn't good enough, will get 30 touches a game but he is the least damaging player going around

Shai Bolton… 25 touches and 7 shots at goal.. 12 score involvements

It’s like watching a young Harley Bennell
Absolute jet.

If we have any cash… this kid is the pot of gold

Last edited:
I've watched every suns game this season plus a number of vfl games. In my opinion the biggest list deficiency is in defence. In particular the tall defenders make too many critical errors.

The midfield will get better each year and the forward line has been superb despite that looking like it would be the achilles heel at the start of the year.

It makes the Liam Jones non decision even more surprising, as I feel like if the suns fixed up their key defensive pillars, they would be a finals team next year.

I've watched every suns game this season plus a number of vfl games. In my opinion the biggest list deficiency is in defence. In particular the tall defenders make too many critical errors.

The midfield will get better each year and the forward line has been superb despite that looking like it would be the achilles heel at the start of the year.

It makes the Liam Jones non decision even more surprising, as I feel like if the suns fixed up their key defensive pillars, they would be a finals team next year.
I think the offer of 3 years is what’s put us off him

Exactly as said above
Fiorini = Matt crouch.

Adelaide also giving him the flick.

He just can’t effectively play anywhere else.

Happy to have constable as alternate source of experienced inside mid depth at half the price.

Exactly as said above
Fiorini = Matt crouch.

Adelaide also giving him the flick.

He just can’t effectively play anywhere else.

Happy to have constable as alternate source of experienced inside mid depth at half the price.

Adelaide not giving him the flick. That was a Channel 9 segment that was run where Nicks responded and has categorically said no conversation has been had with Crouch about being not extended beyond next years contract.

My guess is that we're already struggling to pay the minimum 95% salary cap, so we might look to cover the entirety of his next years salary if he wants to go for more opportunity. He's still a great player, albeit one-dimensional, he's just not going to get games ahead of Laird & Keays.

We have issues all over the park, but inside mids we are flush for.

Adelaide not giving him the flick. That was a Channel 9 segment that was run where Nicks responded and has categorically said no conversation has been had with Crouch about being not extended beyond next years contract.

My guess is that we're already struggling to pay the minimum 95% salary cap, so we might look to cover the entirety of his next years salary if he wants to go for more opportunity. He's still a great player, albeit one-dimensional, he's just not going to get games ahead of Laird & Keays.

We have issues all over the park, but inside mids we are flush for.

Thought keays played as a pressure forward this week.

Crouch getting left out in favour of laird, keays, berry, Schoenberg who are all predominately inside mids I thought.

For intensive purposes fiorini being left out in favour of miller, Anderson, rowell is exactly the same.

They’re both decent (not great) inside mids. But can’t play anywhere else effectively, hence the comparison.

Thought keays played as a pressure forward this week.

Crouch getting left out in favour of laird, keays, berry, Schoenberg who are all predominately inside mids I thought.

For intensive purposes fiorini being left out in favour of miller, Anderson, rowell is exactly the same.

They’re both decent (not great) inside mids. But can’t play anywhere else effectively, hence the comparison.

Yeah fair points.

I still think Keays will rotate through the middle, seemed to be a specific job he did on Saad.

It's more a balance of experience/new players as opposed to 'who is better' in terms Laird/Keays/Berry/Schoenberg

Schoenberg is more outside mid, and Berry isn't an accumulator, more so a lock-down tackler. His defensive work is better than Crouch, and we already have good inside accumulators, particularly Laird. So like i said, it's more about the makeup of the midfield as opposed to pure quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back