Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aint it great to discuss wins rather than losses.....:)
Thats all one can hope for. But I think this mob have got a bit left in em yet this season. Our best is yet to come for sure but winning is always good football.
It’s a much better outcome.

Whether we can recapture some of our form remains to be seen but we’ve had a good year and deserve to crack into the Top 8.

Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Far more realistic appraisal of where we are at.

We played a side who’s season is done and are playing out time, trying new things and missing a number of important players and didn’t play particularly well.

That was a pretty disorganised performance from what we have seen in the early part of the season. We might have won well in the end, but there was nothing compelling about it.

We are building as a side, our last month has been pretty ordinary though. Big test to get the team back to the kind of performances we’d produce in the early part of the season.

AGree, some terrible kicking today and some bad options. Not sure why. Cats gave us the yips?

Both plow and setters couldn't do anything right for a few blokes sitting near me.

Poor kick to setters and it's his fault he didn't get the ball ......

Always laughable the way some people see the players they don't like

Sent from my CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Setters was in everything the first term.

Reminded me of a lot of his form in 2020 he’d really dig in and set us up in the early parts of a game and then fade.

He has some tricks as a player - his goal was very skilful, he steps through traffic pretty well and his hands are good, it’d be nice to see him dominate over 4 quarters.

AGree, some terrible kicking today and some bad options. Not sure why. Cats gave us the yips?
Took too many low percentage options going into our 50.

Sides have worked us out to a reasonable extent, but we need to be a lot smarter going forward. We second guess obvious options far too often.

It wasn't the best of performances. No doubt the effort was there but we are not playing with great system at the moment. They one area of the game plan that really needs some serious work is our connection between the mods and forwards.. I think I only saw once where we were able to pick a player free inside a crowded 50 when Cripps floated in to take the uncontested mark.

There is so much potential for improvement. 6 goal margin is decent but it did feel quite scrappy. And Cripps is definitely playing some, shall we say, not very smart football at the moment.

have you ever reflected on the s**t that has been forced onto us at the game? that is now normalised to the point anyone who mentions that maybe it is too much is called an old codger? it's a real feeling of powerlessness as our game slides further and further into some weird americanised hybrid - just include the nba organ after every goal and brainless chants of deefense and be done with it........
It started with USA games with stupid levels of down time between plays, basically all their main sports, keeping their fans engaged.

Soccer has stupid levels of slow time but they accept it and make their own fun.

Our game has so much going on, and we add slurpee-levels of mind numbing sugar hits that has the effect of entrenching the addiction of kids that scream "entertain me". They risk missing the chance to concentrate and enjoy the brilliant moments that we have.

And for oldies? It is an assault on the senses. No two ways around that. And that's coming from someone on the train heading to Gorillaz as I type!

It started with USA games with stupid levels of down time between plays, basically all their main sports, keeping their fans engaged.

Soccer has stupid levels of slow time but they accept it and make their own fun.

Our game has so much going on, and we add slurpee-levels of mind numbing sugar hits that has the effect of entrenching the addiction of kids that scream "entertain me". They risk missing the chance to concentrate and enjoy the brilliant moments that we have.

And for oldies? It is an assault on the senses. No two ways around that. And that's coming from someone on the train heading to Gorillaz as I type!
thankyou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A brilliant post. Spot on in every single way.

Years ago I was in the US and went and saw the Chicago Bulls play Toronto at the United Centre (that’s the name of their home court, isn’t it? I’m not the world’s biggest basketball fan). At half time, they had a toddler crawling competition. I feel like we aren’t far from that in the AFL.

Whatever happens in the next four rounds, if we don't beat Collingwood in round 23, I will need......therapy?, to support Donald Trump (NO!!!), a free Hyundai electric vehicle (yes please); lunch with Fev (my culinary tastes have move upwards to string bean pasta)?; or my money back on the Bay City Rollers tour of Australia in 2029?

Might be a dead rubber.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok that’s 4-0 W/L when ABB is in attendance…

I tell you what tho, could have done without witnessing the first half.
I have never experienced a more flat 30k crowd of ppl before….Boys played like it as well

Setters worked his way into it as did Cerra.
Cotts had good moments, Charlie had a Charlie game.

McKay needs to be stronger in the contest, he crumbles when he feels contact.

Walsh and Saad held us together today. Saad has really really elevated his game. He has an absolute BOG game today.

Walsh with the Lazarus comeback was unreal He got biggest cheer of the game when he sprinted into the centre square after coming back on….and the effect he had on the game from the point on was first class.

Half forward line struggled to get into it at ground level today. Entries at times were woeful which didn’t help.

Mids struggled at times today. TKD battled against some seriously big men. Pitto will be a welcome addition to the centre square.

Defence was generally good but had some loose checking moments on the second quarter that will need some addressing.

Overall it’s a win and we stay in touch with the middle of the 8….need to back it up next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you ever reflected on the s**t that has been forced onto us at the game? that is now normalised to the point anyone who mentions that maybe it is too much is called an old codger? it's a real feeling of powerlessness as our game slides further and further into some weird americanised hybrid - just include the nba organ after every goal and brainless chants of deefense and be done with it........

I am having our Lions game at the Gabba muted when we play up there

Having the Lions kick goals against us is bad enough without having a riff from John Denver making me want to stick a curling iron into my ear drums

Fisher was very good today as well, a lot more damaging player than he used to be, clever running and breaking lines

Sent from my CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s like the game has slowed down for him a bit. Very good decision making and foot in tight spaces

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Back