Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the camaraderie from everyone here
Some top notch work! Heart warming stuff.

But you are all w***ers and I hope your teams suck :)

door-slam-blowing-raspberry.gif

Backs: Crisp, Whitfield, Hewett, McInerney, Chapman, McCartin (De Koning, Will Kelly)

Mid: T.Miller, Macrae, T.Mitchell, M.Crouch, Rowell, Daicos, JHF, Ward (C.Stephens, B.Hough)

Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)

Fwds: Dunkley, Coniglio, Butters, W.Brodie, Ralphsmith, Rachele (N.Martin, Baldwin) Util (Durdin)

Opinons welcome
Looks good.
That D6 spot probably the only chink in the armour as there doesn't see to be much cheap replacements on offer for the moment if the donuts start flying.

Titch down to neale and mccartin up to sicdawg an option.

Backs - Whitfield, McInerney, Hewett, Chapman, L.Jones, McCartin

Mid - Touk, Steele, Macrae, A. Brayshaw, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward

Ruck - Gawn, Grundy

Fwd - Dunkley, Cogs, Butters, Brodie, Rachele, Ralphsmith

All benchies 190k have 283k left over.

Backs - Whitfield, McInerney, Hewett, Chapman, L.Jones, McCartin

Mid - Touk, Steele, Macrae, A. Brayshaw, Rowell, JHF, Daicos, Ward

Ruck - Gawn, Grundy

Fwd - Dunkley, Cogs, Butters, Brodie, Rachele, Ralphsmith

All benchies 190k have 283k left over.

Pretty brave going Angus Brayshaw, I like it

Listening to Moreira's Magic Podcast last night .....I really must learn that sleep is a good thing .....anyway, what's come out is that there's no "right" way for a starting side

Their opinion was the game is 25% starting setup ...75% trading ......it's a trading game

The other interesting outcome, after listening to a few podcasts, is the highly ranked players all follow different paths & contradict each other's game commandments

Listening to Moreira's Magic Podcast last night .....I really must learn that sleep is a good thing .....anyway, what's come out is that there's no "right" way for a starting side

Their opinion was the game is 25% starting setup ...75% trading ......it's a trading game

The other interesting outcome, after listening to a few podcasts, is the highly ranked players all follow different paths & contradict each other's game commandments
Yep, all the good coaches have different philosophies. Holmsey loves his Gawndy, yet others are going a Marshall type. Some are going Steele at M1, some Macrae etc

75% trading. This is the element i need to improve - I've been a low breakeven selector too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

75% trading. This is the element i need to improve - I've been a low breakeven selector too often.
My problem, traditionally, has been to trade in the best players ...no matter the price

Last year, I trades in "hot" value players ....Tex Walker & De Goey ....players I wouldn't normally trade in, made such a difference

McGovern: It's strange that you've compared him with Weitering, 2 different players, playing different roles. He's playing a loose intercepting and distributor role off HB which is more like a Doch or Stewart. I don't expect to score like those 2 but he managed an 89 in the pre season game.
McGovern didn't have a man all night. Was completely free to do as he pleased, had arguably his best game ever for us... and still only got 89. I'd be wary.

This is where I'm at.
Batting deep in MID as i think Neale, Cerra, Cripps and Crouch are 15--25 points underpriced and can all score well until the byes.
Not too worried about Mitchell, he would have played if it was a normal game and has had an additional 2 weeks off after a great preseason. Worst case scenario and he doesn't go well, he's a trade to Macrae/Steele or someone making cash.
Might be a bit skinny down back but that structure is on the basis that Naish (Joyce there currently) is picked and has a decent role. Dean might get a game with Roughead out but structure may might change with teams.
Only other option is downgrade Mitchell to Brayshaw and upgrade a DEF rook to Chapman, just not keen on these 300-500k players who will probably average 60-70.
I like Rowell but think i prefer these under price priced premiums. Utility is Hayes

Please rip it to shreds!!

View attachment 1341930

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back