List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still cannot for the life of me work out why we are so desperate to find a number one ruck and move Rowan Marshall out of his best position. He's quite possibly our best player right now.

My only guess would be if St Kilda trade Bruce as a way to bring in Ben King (or similar young player). His departure would open up the spot in the forward line for Max next year, however I doubt the club wants to put young King in the ruck, so need someone else for that role.
Rather than recruit a forward who can ruck (of which there are practically none on the market), the club could bring someone like Goldstein in via Free Agency to share ruck duties, equally, with Marshall. This allows these two to fill that bigger body role in the forward 50 for a few years, until Goldstein retires, at which point King (or the Kings, in the event Ben is obtained in the Bruce trade) will have matured and be able to play the forward and secondary ruck role, whilst Marshall comes back into the primary ruck role with a few lighter years on his body spent under the tutelage of a high level veteran.

This would mean our first round pick this year (or next) should still be available to bolster our midfield via, say, Caldwell (since he is a popular talking point). If the club is going to make big moves, then trading someone of value, like Bruce, before they diminish would be an example. It just requires a short term fill-in which, it just so happens, is available via Free Agency (or, alternatively, more long term with Draper).

My only guess would be if St Kilda trade Bruce as a way to bring in Ben King (or similar young player). His departure would open up the spot in the forward line for Max next year, however I doubt the club wants to put young King in the ruck, so need someone else for that role.
Rather than recruit a forward who can ruck (of which there are practically none on the market), the club could bring someone like Goldstein in via Free Agency to share ruck duties, equally, with Marshall. This allows these two to fill that bigger body role in the forward 50 for a few years, until Goldstein retires, at which point King (or the Kings, in the event Ben is obtained in the Bruce trade) will have matured and be able to play the forward and secondary ruck role, whilst Marshall comes back into the primary ruck role with a few lighter years on his body spent under the tutelage of a high level veteran.

This would mean our first round pick this year (or next) should still be available to bolster our midfield via, say, Caldwell (since he is a popular talking point). If the club is going to make big moves, then trading someone of value, like Bruce, before they diminish would be an example. It just requires a short term fill-in which, it just so happens, is available via Free Agency (or, alternatively, more long term with Draper).

I like that, could go with what ever you wanted here, obviously the salary cap not allow all.
Trade one
Out: Bruce, 2020 first round
In: King, Martin

Trade two
Out: Newnes
In: Draper

Trade 3:
Out: Jack Steven, Billy Longer
In: Constable, Geelong 2019 first round

Trade 4:
Out: 2020 first round, 2019 first round Geelong, 2020 second round
In: Jye Caldwell, Tim Taranto, Boner

Trade 5:
In: Conglinglio, Tomlinson

Trade 6:
Out: Savage, Carsile
In: Jones, Papley

Trade 7:
In: Langdon, (fre)
Out: Acres

Trade 8:
In: Sier
Out: 3rd round 2020, Joyce

Could be more if I think of any I’ll add to list. Feel free to add comments or suggestions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like that, could go with what ever you wanted here, obviously the salary cap not allow all.
Trade one

Trade two

Trade 3:

Trade 4:

Trade 5:

Trade 6:

Trade 7:

Trade 8:

Could be more if I think of any I’ll add to list. Feel free to add comments or suggestions.

we would win the flag next year

Trade one

Trade two

Trade 3:

Trade 4:

Trade 5:

Trade 6:

Trade 7:

Trade 8:

Mate , im not sure you really want people to comment , i do commend you on making every trade so 100% lop sided in our favor though :thumbsu:

Ben is More of a chance than any of the other names that have been thrown around on here IMO

I'll take your word for it , but it seems a bit bizarre that we have rumours about him from the day he's drafted.
Unless Gold Coast stuff up bigtime, surely they don't let him get disenchanted in his first year.

I'll take your word for it , but it seems a bit bizarre that we have rumours about him from the day he's drafted.
Unless Gold Coast stuff up bigtime, surely they don't let him get disenchanted in his first year.
Not that bizzar considering his family situation.

He's contracted next year so I think it's very unlikely anything happens this off season. I'd be a bit surprised if he signs past this contract though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does Bruce keep coming up as trade? Once King becomes the player we want/need we will need Bruce as the third forward or the depth player.
He will improve against the second best defender and so will Membrey against the third.
Alternatively if we go with a 2 x tall setup then he becomes the depth. Who is our depth KPF right now?....Sam Rowe.....Who is also our depth ruckman 😱
If you think we’re s**t now, if Marshall, Bruce or Membrey get injured we’re f***ed

I’d trade Carlisle in a heart beat but only for a top 20 pick. Some of his efforts are disgusting

Why does Bruce keep coming up as trade? Once King becomes the player we want/need we will need Bruce as the third forward or the depth player.
He will improve against the second best defender and so will Membrey against the third.
Alternatively if we go with a 2 x tall setup then he becomes the depth. Who is our depth KPF right now?....Sam Rowe.....Who is also our depth ruckman 😱
If you think we’re s**t now, if Marshall, Bruce or Membrey get injured we’re f***ed

I’d trade Carlisle in a heart beat but only for a top 20 pick. Some of his efforts are disgusting
The two efforts from Jake in the last quarter were pathetic , No way should he be Captain IMO , i think he spits it out a bit too much

Trade one

Trade two

Trade 3:

Trade 4:

Trade 5:

Trade 6:

Trade 7:

Trade 8:

I’m unsure any of those deals have a chance of being done

I'd give Carlisle a bit of slack , far from match fit - just was spent in the 4th
about trading Carlisle , I would only consider it for 1 pick in the draft , if the Bombers want King for Draper

Bruce will be going no where - is the natural 3rd tall for our forward line

Got smashed for this last month, so hopefully a few more losses might give people a different perspective...

I'd look at the following for the "right" trade that improves our list overall:

Ross
Jake
Bruce
Blake
Dunstan

Admittedly the loss of players through injury means there won't be as many changes ss their should be.

The above mentioned are purely from a currency perspective.

We will need the picks to use on trading in preferred types. FA ain't gonna do it for us IMO.

If Steven goes for pick 18, if happily on trade it for a gun mid.

I'd give Carlisle a bit of slack , far from match fit - just was spent in the 4th
about trading Carlisle , I would only consider it for 1 pick in the draft , if the Bombers want King for Draper

Bruce will be going no where - is the natural 3rd tall for our forward line
Rather see a King / Battle / Membrey combo...

Rather see a King / Battle / Membrey combo...
Yeah, I want smart players around King. Smart enough to stay out of his way.
I'm worried Bruce will step on Max's toes. Like, literally step on them in the final preseason hit-out and Max'll be out til round 6. Either that or Longy'll crash through with that pointy ribcage of his that took care of Paddy.

Essendon will reportedly ask St Kilda for a first-round pick or Max King if the Saints come knocking for ruckman Sam Draper.

The Saints are in the market for a ruckman, and are reportedly interested in injured big man Sam Draper, who is yet to make his AFL debut.

Foxfooty.com.au revealed earlier this week the Saints are set to offer Draper a four-year deal worth $1.7 million, but the Bombers will need to trade Draper to the Saints if order for him to move clubs, and he won’t go cheaply.

On Triple M’s Dead Set Legends, journalist Jay Clark believe the Saints rate Draper that highly, but the Bombers will make them pay for the deal.

“St Kilda are saying this guy’s almost like a first-round draft pick, they rate him that highly,” Clark said.

Surely they are taking the piss
being off contract , never played a AFL game and doing his ACL - he can not be worth a round one draft pick
this basically telling the player he is not going and has to stay on for a lot less money - is there anyway St Kilda can complain or even Draper complain to the AFL and get the trade system to get a bit more realistic.

You’d think the Bombers would have learnt by now that putting absurd prices on their players at the trade table doesn’t help them in the long run.

Edit: we’d dead set be better off just trading back into the second or even third round of the draft and taking a punt than considering that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back