List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

its never been clearer that to get a seat at the table in acquiring these big name players that we need to play finals. the rest does not matter. until we do that it doesn't matter what draft picks we have. it doesn't matter how much salary cap we have.

essendon didnt make final last year, yet shiel decides they are better placed football wise, so it goes to show as long as you play finals in a recent time frame, you're a chance. despite the $$$ being less and the draft hand not being as strong.
Or you go for next tier down, we are like a short fat bald guy who wants a super model girlfriend. Maybe get players that improve us not straight for the top shelf. Get a hair transplant, some big shoes and hit the gym and work on the bank account and the more attractive ladies will come later.

How did GWS's cap get so stuffed? Shiel, Lobbe, Setterfield, Scully, Finlaysen all on the move. On top of losing so many other young guns over the past few years.

Their window has probably been slammed shut. Unlucky with injuries not to have won one.

Cameron, Kelly, Coniglio, etc all on huge deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need classy midfielders FFS! Look Hanners will be alright but he ain’t going to lift us into finals..

Shiel would have been amazing, imagine having Shiel and Steven in the middle.... FML

Just remember Lethlean’s comment yesterday “all assets are on the table”.

We will move onto our next target (whoever that may be) and I’m sure the same rules will apply. Lethlean will not be wanting to frontload the contracts for the GOP’s on our list anymore and will be pushing to land an A grader

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or you go for next tier down, we are like a short fat bald guy who wants a super model girlfriend. Maybe get players that improve us not straight for the top shelf. Get a hair transplant, some big shoes and hit the gym and work on the bank account and the more attractive ladies will come later.
Billy Joel likes this post...

% of failed tall KPP to failed mids is what?

Don't have that info on the top of my head sorry I'd assume more mids as there are always more mids selected every year than talls, however that includes all rounds of the draft and the rookie draft. If you mean just 1st round selections, yeah probably more talls fail. I Just think it's worth banking on a potential star, regardless of past failures. Everything is a risk, go for the high reward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will move onto our next target (whoever that may be)
I don't think we're going to land anyone with this approach, no doubt the bombers had Shiel half-way over the line months ago.

I reckon players would be thinking "WTF?" if we suddenly drop a 1.3 million dollar offer to them after not really approaching them before this week.

Shame they weren't ready made midfielders who could impact immediately and be a safe bet to get to 200 games like O'rouke, Toumpas, Ahearn, Brodie, etc.
I think it's pretty well established that talls taken in the first round have a much higher rate of being a bust than mids.

New details have begun to emerge about how Essendon secured the deal with Giants midfielder Dylan Shiel.
It has been reported that Bombers great James Hird played a significant role in the pitch to Shiel. Sources close to Shiels camp suggest that the pitch was underwhelming until Hird, who had until this point said nothing, slowing started unbuttoning his shirt revealing his perfectly tanned body. Hird is then believed to have leant in towards Shiel and said, ‘I’ll give you the number of my inject-a-tan guy’. It is well known that Shiel is on the record saying that he wouldn’t be caught dead taking the field looking like Cameron Ling. Seconds after the Hird offer the deal was agreed with a shake of hands.
It’s also been reported that following the Bombers pitch Hird and Shiel spoke for an hour about their admiration for their hero, Terry ‘honey have you seen my speedos’ Wallace.

If you guys want to blow off steam, there is a Facebook page St.Kilda Football Club uncensored.
You can call the usual Facebook nuffies all sorts of Kent's, and the only people booted are ones reporting posts.
It's great to tear into Kent's with no repercussions

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think we're going to land anyone with this approach, no doubt the bombers had Shiel half-way over the line months ago.

I reckon players would be thinking "WTF?" if we suddenly drop a 1.3 million dollar offer to them after not really approaching them before this week.

Exactly. That is why we have to forget about Wingard. Showed no interest and now lets just get him. If he leaves you would think WB have done the work.

Re - my comment about Joel Smith not living up to his potential.
I didn’t think it through very well , just said it off the top of my head .
I agree with what you said to a very fair degree.

Yes he was eventually very good at Hawthorn, making a couple of AA teams off a HBF, but his ceiling was WAY higher than that prior to doing his knee.

The way he was tracking he could have made multiple AA teams in the midfield and he had the talent that could have seen him win a Brownlow or two.

I'd give up pick 4 and significant change for a 20yo, 1997 pre-knee version of Joel without even blinking.

He had pretty much everything going for him that Jack Billings has, but with the ability to actually play well in the guts, and kick straight for goal, plus he was quicker and relatively taller (186cm back then was more like about 191cm now). Just class personified.

We really have been kicked in the balls with how much injuries have affected so much of our best young talent in the last 20 or so years.

Everyone who knows anything knows that Max is a gun. I clearly know nothing as I am concerned over Max.
That said I reckon Rankine is a low production flash in the pan type, Lukosious is a Watts clone who has no left foot and Smith is just an OK mid.

I am on the verge of a melt, I don't quite know why, missing Shiel was something I expected - but I still don't like missing out when I have seen the potential in our list over the past few years, this year was a blip but we will win 9-11 games next year with an easier draw.

I am trying to be glass half full with the inclusion of Hanners implementing new training standards and Kent providing a bit of explosive class. Is that enough though?

We have so much money and have no-one to spend it on. Where to now? We've missed Setterfield, don't seem into Scrimshaw, Wingard seems to be Dogs bound and the asking price will be too high, where are we placed?

Should I be feeling this flat? I want my club to be relevant again :(

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back