2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I'm currently at....

270k still available for rookie changes or potential upgrade

Going Dangerless. Haven't wanted him from the very start.

Anyone see any glaring issues I'm missing?

View attachment 472082
I notice a lack of go to Captain options...Fyfe and then all risks after that. I would get one more super premo in to give more C options.

My final crack before lockout. Have 265k to fix up any issues with rookie selections, don't really like carrying that much coin into round 1 back cant see anywhere else I want to spend it atm. Maybe Oliver to Danger, but I just can't see him firing from the get go now.

Laird + Hibbo have been locked since the gold picker.
West Coast suck, McGovern doesn't. Will take many big clunkers and score me many points.

Dusty best VC/C option + very cute.
TMitch is a pretty safe pick. Price will drop a bit, but i'll be happy to bank the 115~ that you know you're gonna get every week.
Olipig was my first pick in draft so I'm gonna back him in both formats, don't like the Dees but i'll end up watching them just to see some Gawn to Piggy action. Oink Oink.
The Knife is back.
Cripps is pretty standard, should be good value.

Really like Kruze, especially because he's a bit of a pod. Hitouts down to Cripps will be nice. Other rucks are poo, don't mind Stef but still worried Brissy will play 2 rucks every now and again. Since coming back from injury at the halfway point of 2015 he has played 55 out of the last possible 57 games.
Everyone is picking Gawn.

Forwards are also uninspiring, gone cold on Heeney, beat up on the weaker teams last year, and reckon the Swans play some good teams from round 2-6, upgrade target for me.
And because of that i'll be riding the BuddyCoaster from round 1.
Billings star boy, doesn't even need mid time, just needs to kick goals instead of points, reminds me of a poor mans Lids when he was played as a beautiful HFF.
I'll still back Starlow if he's named, if not he becomes McLean.
Big Sis has been a lock since he saved my draft team last year, what a man.

Very excited for Thursday, go tiges.
rnd1 pre teams.JPG

Still tinkering... might change 1 or 2 or 27 of these.

Wish Danger was clearly fit, but taking the punt he's "affordable" in first half of season.
Not happy with cheap forward options... placeholder is Christensen on a "surely he puts up enough points for a month or two to appreciate a bit?" basis.

Aiming/hoping/wishing to have 3/5/2/4 keepers already across D/M/R/F.

upload_2018-3-20_13-37-33.png

My final crack before lockout. Have 265k to fix up any issues with rookie selections, don't really like carrying that much coin into round 1 back cant see anywhere else I want to spend it atm. Maybe Oliver to Danger, but I just can't see him firing from the get go now.

Laird + Hibbo have been locked since the gold picker.
West Coast suck, McGovern doesn't. Will take many big clunkers and score me many points.

Dusty best VC/C option + very cute.
TMitch is a pretty safe pick. Price will drop a bit, but i'll be happy to bank the 115~ that you know you're gonna get every week.
Olipig was my first pick in draft so I'm gonna back him in both formats, don't like the Dees but i'll end up watching them just to see some Gawn to Piggy action. Oink Oink.
The Knife is back.
Cripps is pretty standard, should be good value.

Really like Kruze, especially because he's a bit of a pod. Hitouts down to Cripps will be nice. Other rucks are poo, don't mind Stef but still worried Brissy will play 2 rucks every now and again. Since coming back from injury at the halfway point of 2015 he has played 55 out of the last possible 57 games.
Everyone is picking Gawn.

Forwards are also uninspiring, gone cold on Heeney, beat up on the weaker teams last year, and reckon the Swans play some good teams from round 2-6, upgrade target for me.
And because of that i'll be riding the BuddyCoaster from round 1.
Billings star boy, doesn't even need mid time, just needs to kick goals instead of points, reminds me of a poor mans Lids when he was played as a beautiful HFF.
I'll still back Starlow if he's named, if not he becomes McLean.
Big Sis has been a lock since he saved my draft team last year, what a man.

Very excited for Thursday, go tiges.
View attachment 472102
I'm runnin Buddy from the start too. easy top 6 FWD.

going for league win but dont know which team to start

TEAM A
laird hibberd sicily naughton doedee murray finalyson murphy
danger martin kelly tmitch or crouch fyfe brayshaw broadie banfield kelly barry holman
gawn martin olango
heeney greene billings smith stephenson fritsch garlett ryan

TEAM B

laird hibberd sicily naughton doedee murray finalyson murphy
martin kelly tmitch, coniglio, fyfe brayshaw cripps, banfield kelly barry holman
gawn martin olango
heeney greene billings smith giles-langdon fritsch garlett ryan

iqvihe.jpg

Any help needed ive kind of settled on this team here, but need to fix abit of DPP swings and im not quite sure how ive been struggling with it for ages..

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Cant wait for thursday

So my team is almost there.

Do i go Greene into Lunchmeat leaving me with $176k or keep him and hoping his new 6 year contract calms him down from being a complete flog to just a partial flog?

Im still not 100% sold on Savage. He will turn into Lloyd, Shaw or Witherden. Possibly even Yeo.

As is I have $87k

Lord of the Premieres v6.0.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I've posted my team up here. Not touching anything between 200-400k. Rolling the dice with one cheap ruck – happy to be convinced to go with Lycett or Dawson Simpson if people don't like Cox.

$54,800 remaining salary. Appreciate your opinions :)

View attachment 472164

One option could be Buddy to Petracca, then another minor rookie adjustment and you could swap Cox to Nank.

Good team though.

Can I ask why I see Parker now in so many teams?
Is it because he did well in JLT or his injury poo numbers from last year seeminly will be reversed this year?
He must be fit and firing to suddenly appear so often.

I've had him pretty much from the start. Last year was a shit year and i'm backing him in to turn it around

Hes an absolute gun when fit, first time in a long time hes had a full pre-season under his belt. Hes a bull

He's a fantastic player. Only drawbacks in SC are he doesn't mind a Free Against or Clanger. Can go big when he puts games together, though. Certainly looks fit and ready to play at his best.

Similair team to most, with only POD being my fwd line bats a bit deeper. I thought not having Danger may have been a POD too but seems not!

B: Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Doedee, Finlayson, Mihocek, Murray, Murphy

M: Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Beams, Cripps, Coniglio, Banfield, Kelly, Holman, Barry, Constable

R: Gawn, NicNat, Olango

F: Greene, Billings, Mundy, Lambert, Devon, Fritsch, Keefe, Ryan

$20.9k left.

Playing with the idea of dropping Hibberd for Shaw if rooks need shuffling around but this will be pretty much it come Thurs. All the best!

Would it be a terrible idea to have R.Gray? i'm weirdly into it rn.

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 3.46.49 pm.png

Cop him on the bench rd 1, but the back line rookies look better anyway. Rd 2 can move sicily back via Keeffe, or just keep him in the fwd line if the back rookies go alright. Have $150k in the bank if danger somehow gets up for it, or for rookie corrections.

134k spare.. Should i dump Armitage for a rookie and use it down back/forward? Will also swap Danger to Kelly if he's out and keep the cash handy.. Advice appreciated

wp_ss_20180319_0002 (2).png wp_ss_20180319_0003 (2).png
wp_ss_20180319_0004 (2).png

Rockn with this till teams drop

Screenshot_20180320-155111.jpg
Not sure starting Smith and Petracca is the way to go but thats what i can afford.
Thoughts welcome

Would it be a terrible idea to have R.Gray? i'm weirdly into it rn.

View attachment 472191

Cop him on the bench rd 1, but the back line rookies look better anyway. Rd 2 can move sicily back via Keeffe, or just keep him in the fwd line if the back rookies go alright. Have $150k in the bank if danger somehow gets up for it, or for rookie corrections.
I seen your post in the Z vs Y Fred.
I also like Gray but he seems to be a stay at home forward these days, if he bursts in the guts l would like him waay more.
But hes priced quiet well.Could be a POD in the early rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back