2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lotsa value mids in the 400-500k price range that have historically shown a high ceiling with potential to avg ~105-110. Not traditional breakout contenders (unlike many popular players in this price range that are currently selected on other lines, most of whom haven't been able to string a consistent season together just yet).

Libba
Coniglio
Prestia
Redden
Steven

By all reports the above players have all had ripping preseasons. Currently have Cogs, and for most of preseason have had another midpricer either forward or back. But now I'm starting to leaning towards a second from the above mid list, as there's perhaps more chance of a payoff considering they've shown that they can score when fit and firing. Will be watching closely for rest of JLT.

Redden was initially lowest on my list, but he played bloody well JLT1. Looked hungry and fitter than I've seen him.

If you were picking two in hopes of getting good value in a M8 & M9 come end of season, who would you go?

One game into his Adelaide career and Bryce Gibbs is already marvelling at Matt Crouch's ability to get his hands on the Sherrin.

Crouch carried on his tremendous form of last year with 36 possessions in the Crows' 10-point win against Fremantle in the JLT Community Series game at Strathalbyn Oval on Sunday.

The 22-year-old averaged 33 disposals a game and was an All Australian and club champion for the first time.

"Halfway through the second quarter when I was on the bench, I turned to Pykey (coach Don Pyke) and said, 'Geez, Matty Crouch can find the ball'," Gibbs said.

"I already knew he could do that, but sitting here and playing here and watching him, he's impressive.

Right on bruhs so who else is starting with the big 3 in Danger/Dusty/Titch?

Ive had them all in and out at some stage but dont mind paying the big dollars for them initially and saving trades later in the year and trying to find the cash to bring them in.

lotsa value mids in the 400-500k price range that have historically shown a high ceiling with potential to avg ~105-110. Not traditional breakout contenders (unlike many popular players in this price range that are currently selected on other lines, most of whom haven't been able to string a consistent season together just yet).

Libba
Coniglio
Prestia
Redden
Steven

By all reports the above players have all had ripping preseasons. Currently have Cogs, and for most of preseason have had another midpricer either forward or back. But now I'm starting to leaning towards a second from the above mid list, as there's perhaps more chance of a payoff considering they've shown that they can score when fit and firing. Will be watching closely for rest of JLT.

Redden was initially lowest on my list, but he played bloody well JLT1. Looked hungry and fitter than I've seen him.

If you were picking two in hopes of getting good value in a M8 & M9 come end of season, who would you go?
Cogs not Libba..
**** that though would rather play with fire on other lines.
Good luck.

If i was going for mid between 400-500 itd be Redden, it all makes sense for him having a break out year this year with Mitchell and Priddis retiring and hes getting to the age now where hes due to break out of his shell and enter beast mode. Where as Congilio has a few too many gun mids around to take points off him where as Redden only has Shuey, Gaff and possibly Yep depending on his role and then no one else of note.

P.s just went Crouch > Cripps. now i have 85k up my sleeve not a clue what to do with it

If i was going for mid between 400-500 itd be Redden, it all makes sense for him having a break out year this year with Mitchell and Priddis retiring and hes getting to the age now where hes due to break out of his shell and enter beast mode. Where as Congilio has a few too many gun mids around to take points off him where as Redden only has Shuey, Gaff and possibly Yep depending on his role and then no one else of note.

P.s just went Crouch > Cripps. now i have 85k up my sleeve not a clue what to do with it

Sure you want to give up Crouch? Was taking this piss in the JLT, 22 touches in the first half.

Keep it in the bank mate. Handy little amount to have stored

Kind of agree...
Cogs has yet been able to show it...I think they will have simular seasons .
Myself I would rather take the risk in the fwds...
Only Rolled Gold for me in that mid line for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't laugh at me mate, but JOM is now in my team.

Oh wait, you should laugh at me.

Danger
Titch
Fyfe
Bont
Cripps
JOM
Brayshaw
LDU

I like the balance, don't think I'll change that line before round 1.

Unless, umm you know ... JLT2.

Wait, WHAT?!?!?!

Good to have you on board..

Kind of agree...
Cogs has yet been able to show it...I think they will have simular seasons .
Myself I would rather take the risk in the fwds...
Only Rolled Gold for me in that mid line for me.
Word up bruh, my only mid risk this year is the J bomb and Graham if i stick with him.

Has anyone got the plums to get on Matty Kennedy as a midpricer? Dwayne and Gerard had B Bolts on sports radio tonight and was talking him up as a gun contested ball winner and basically said him and Cripps will be the main inside ball winners and that hes also strong overhead and can go forward and kick a goal or 2.

Has anyone got the plums to get on Matty Kennedy as a midpricer? Dwayne and Gerard had B Bolts on sports radio tonight and was talking him up as a gun contested ball winner and basically said him and Cripps will be the main inside ball winners and that hes also strong overhead and can go forward and kick a goal or 2.
Who?

Matthew+Kennedy+Carlton+Blues+Training+Session+MNyMaublSTjl.jpg

Right on bruhs so who else is starting with the big 3 in Danger/Dusty/Titch?

Ive had them all in and out at some stage but dont mind paying the big dollars for them initially and saving trades later in the year and trying to find the cash to bring them in.
Had them all in from the start, haven't hit save on a team without them.

Still get 14 keepers, 1 midpricer and a few expensive rookies so structurally my teams is mint :handok:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back