Oppo Camp 2018 Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one will be won and lost on the outside I reckon.
Agree completely. Both teams have good spread.

On a psychological level I can see a number of West Coast players looking to atone for 2015, whereas I think Collingwood will be just happy to be there. I'm astonished that the Pies are favourites.

Agree completely. Both teams have good spread.

On a psychological level I can see a number of West Coast players looking to atone for 2015, whereas I think Collingwood will be just happy to be there. I'm astonished that the Pies are favourites.

Yeah guys like Darling, Sheed(to a lesser extent) etc who had bad games won't do so again.
11 Eagles have been there before, Collingwood have 5 and they were in all sorts Mayne, Varcoe etc
Being there before makes a big difference

C: Redden, Yeo, Masten

FOLL: Lycett, Shuey, Sheed

Jesus this would have to be one of the worst midfields I've ever seen in a GF.
Yep so bad they have been winning all year, finished top 2, made a GF and odds on to win a flag.

Would hate to have that midfield

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep so bad they have been winning all year, finished top 2, made a GF and odds on to win a flag.

They're good in spite of their midfield, not because of it. Without NN and Gaff it just looks pedestrian on paper, which was my point. I still think the pricks will probably win tho because they're better than the sum of their parts and I have to agree that they should be reasonably firm favourites.

Ryan Drink driving charge
If West Coast are serious about Road safety and corporate responsibilty and sending a message what will they do
In 2016 North Melbourne suspended a player for 4 weeks for a low level drink driving offence.
early this year De G' was banished for a lengthy period of time also at Collingwoods detriment but was done because it was tge right thing to do
What price does West Coast place on the safety of innocent people on our streets against drink drivers? If they are serious it is more than two weeks.
Do thier sponsors condone this behaviour? If the don't they should demand action
If the sponsors don't treat corporate responsibiity seriously should the public support them? I won't
We know the WA media won't hold them to account - they have papers to sell and TV ratings to worry about ahead of the road safety drink driving message- instead they will double down on fluff pieces and photo's of WC players when they were kids.

Further suspension is the only way they can be seious about road safety

Yeah guys like Darling, Sheed(to a lesser extent) etc who had bad games won't do so again.
11 Eagles have been there before, Collingwood have 5 and they were in all sorts Mayne, Varcoe etc
Being there before makes a big difference

More importantly Simpson has been there. I’m sure he’d have been planning for this from the day after the 2015 GF.

Last edited:

The point is that they don’t rely on having to win the midfield battle to win the game. Nor do the Tigers. Everyone thought Melb would smash WC because of their midfield strength but how did that turn out. Geelong have a Rolls Royce midfield but it wasn’t enough. Winning premierships used to be about midfield quality and depth but the game has moved on.

Melbourne just completely shat themselves against a massive and intimidating crow away from home with a team inexperienced in finals. Errors were also massively compounded by a risky game plan with aggressive possessions through the middle of the ground.

Collingwood is a totally different proposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne just completely shat themselves against a massive and intimidating crow away from home with a team inexperienced in finals. Errors were also massively compounded by a risky game plan with aggressive possessions through the middle of the ground.

Collingwood is a totally different proposition.

its going to be close imo, but I think the Toast have a bit more class.
If Sidebottom & Pendlebury go mental Pies should win, but I can't see that happening.
Pendles is slowing down, an sidebottom is now their Premier mid. He's pretty good!

Interesting reading on here, i remember 2013 well, was actually screaming for a dockers win that day.

Freo were the underdogs and it always seems like the right thing to do to support the underdog in the GF.

Hawthorn had been there the year before and won in 08 so were sort of sick of them already.

If only Fyfe and Pav had kicked straight, hope the same fate doesn't befall the mighty eagles.

What about Collingwood and Melbourne? They got pretty far with makeshift fwdlines on the back of dominant midfields. And if we target mids this draft it’ll be because our best mid is often injured these days, our second best mid is about to bail and our third best mid is going to be 34 next year.

That midfield would pantsy ours of Sandi, Fyfe, Neale
Langdon, S. Hill, B. Hill, though. Redden gave us a bath in last derby
Our midfield has been pretty average outside the top two for a long time. Fyfe's brilliance and the ruck dominance of Sandilands masked a lot of flaws. Mundy's influence as a mid decline the same time as Neale got better.

Lloyd's incompetent drafting ****ed us over massively.

Our midfield has been pretty average outside the top two for a long time. Fyfe's brilliance and the ruck dominance of Sandilands masked a lot of flaws. Mundy's influence as a mid decline the same time as Neale got better.

Lloyd's incompetent drafting ****** us over massively.
Didn’t help when we delisted a lot of hard nose grunt tacklers such as De Boer, Suban, Barlow etc. people underestimate how much they influence the midfield. Going to take a while to get that going again

I'm thinking the ideal scenario now would be if an Eagle stuffed up a chance to win the game for them in the dying minutes. I'm just undecided on who the candidate should be.

You want them moaning about it for years and years the same way they do about saying Leo Barry's mark should have been a free kick to Sampi.

its going to be close imo, but I think the Toast have a bit more class.
If Sidebottom & Pendlebury go mental Pies should win, but I can't see that happening.
Pendles is slowing down, an sidebottom is now their Premier mid. He's pretty good!
I put some money on Treloar for the norm, too quick for the eagles midfield and they will be overfulocused on sidebottom

I'm thinking the ideal scenario now would be if an Eagle stuffed up a chance to win the game for them in the dying minutes. I'm just undecided on who the candidate should be.

You want them moaning about it for years and years the same way they do about saying Leo Barry's mark should have been a free kick to Sampi.
That would be good, but even better would be a 140 point thrashing and them whinging about Vicbias all summer and how they'll start their own breakaway league and maybe even secede from the Federation.

I would like all hope lost halfway through the first Q and would love to see the half time walkout by WC fans
I'm sure they have been practicing the wobbly leg shoulder drop all week. Hope the umps are awake to it
a 50/50 free kick count would go a long way to a Pie 10 goal victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back