List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past few weeks people have been talking up the Pies as a top 4 team: those people are looking pretty stupid tonight. Let's all wait a few weeks before condemning half of our young blokes to the scrap heap. Personally I think we will see even more improvement this year. We have a good list with some real promise, a great culture and a great development coach. Really excited to see which of our young blokes will "do a Bruce" this year and take the next step.

With regards to getting more early picks could we do what Melbourne did last year and trade a handful of later picks to GWS for their academy kids for multiple early picks? Thats what helped Dee's to get Oliver and Weiderman last year.
Melbourne upgraded there pick 6 and traded there 2016 first rounder.

For some Reason I think all this discussion is in the wrong thread.

Still think we should be targeting David Myers as a DFA. Even if he doesn't get over his injury issues, he should help Acres learn the ropes.

For the past few weeks people have been talking up the Pies as a top 4 team: those people are looking pretty stupid tonight. Let's all wait a few weeks before condemning half of our young blokes to the scrap heap. Personally I think we will see even more improvement this year. We have a good list with some real promise, a great culture and a great development coach. Really excited to see which of our young blokes will "do a Bruce" this year and take the next step.
Pity we suck so much and have the worst list ever, or we might have been a shot of beating them in a couple of weeks time, without Swan and Sidebottom and with Trav Cloke dropped to the VFL.

Still think we should be targeting David Myers as a DFA. Even if he doesn't get over his injury issues, he should help Acres learn the ropes.
so we would have to overpay a player to have him teach someone?

He not that good, and thats why we have coaches

No. Barely played a game in 2 years & isn't that great anyway.

Just get Armo to show Acres the ropes. Simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what if Oliver looks like a gun? God knows how many times Melbourne have had an early pick in the draft & completely ****ed it up.... They were bound to get 1 or 2 right eventually, it just taken them 10 years to do it
I dont mind peeps thinking a young Melb player could be a gun. Theyve got a few good kids IMO.
But i dont think people should get too bullish over the Dees beating GWS by a couple of pts in rnd 1.
It was just GWS who are a bit hot n cold. We will know more about the Dees after another 3 or 4 weeks.
But credit where credit is due. Today was a enjoyable day for Melbourne supporters:thumbsu:

Was chatting to an ex St Kilda player of 2008-20015 (specifacally asked me to give a big range) - at Public House - says "Tom Lee can't run". Personally I have no idea if that is true or not. Personally I would have Lee in the 22. This is no my opinion but what I was told verbatim.
Tom Simpkin

Brian, I love your posts. But we haven't played a game. To even pot players like acres Dunstan etc is ridiculous especially calling for a trade for top 15 picks. I spoke with John Beveridge and trout on Thursday and they believe this group is as talented as any up and coming list. In 6 months time if two of ross acres Dunstan etc Really develop then this entire conversation becomes laughable. Also acres is the one who has alot of talent. Very J.Kennedy like and I believe he will develop into a good player.
Freeman, Dunstan, Ross, Longer, Acres, Webster, MacKenzie, Membrey, Templeton I would trade in a heartbeat. Zero of them would get a game at Hawthorn. Every time I see Touk Miller play I want to vomit.

Brian, I love your posts. But we haven't played a game. To even pot players like acres Dunstan etc is ridiculous especially calling for a trade for top 15 picks. I spoke with John Beveridge and trout on Thursday and they believe this group is as talented as any up and coming list. In 6 months time if two of ross acres Dunstan etc Really develop then this entire conversation becomes laughable. Also acres is the one who has alot of talent. Very J.Kennedy like and I believe he will develop into a good player.
Sorry, but where have I potted any players? As you know, I am not sold on Acres, hence would trade him in a heartbeat for the right deal. The same with the others mentioned. Freeman I would take a top 15 pick for without blinking, if you could exchange him for someone similar who will actually play a game of AFL.

Emotions get you into trouble building a list, if we have the chance to get someone better for someone on our list, then its a no brainer IMO.
In regards to one of the people you quoted, I'm sorry but I know he has GWS MILES ahead of any other young up and coming list, including ours.

Last edited:
Sorry, but where have I potted any players? As you know, I am not sold on Acres, hence would trade him in a heartbeat for the right deal. The same with the others mentioned. Freeman I would take a top 15 pick for without blinking, if you could exchange him for someone similar who will actually play a game of AFL.

Emotions get you into trouble building a list, if we have the chance to get someone better for someone on our list, then its a no brainer IMO.
In regards to one of the people you quoted, I'm sorry but I know he has GWS MILES ahead of any other young up and coming list, including ours.
Sorry maybe potted was the wrong word but atleast give them this season before calling for a trade.

Trout believes gws is ahead now.. He also believes by 2018 we will be just as good and the majority of those players are already on our list.
Re freeman, our recruiters were high on him in his draft year. What makes you think he won't be a good player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back