List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some people are keen on Watson and Warnock, their going to lose their s#!t over Majak Daw..!

For the record I would absolutely swoop on him just before the Roos can in the rookie or PS draft.

Turn him into a CHB.
Umm, yeah, we don't really need to add someone with a court case hanging over their head to our list at the moment.

Do you think other boards are as keen on delistees as we seem to be? Or is it just what we do in the Hawk board?

it's a in-house joke within the coaching panel and match committee.

Gather a couple of spuds and see if we can make a potato salad out of them.

Clarko: "hey wrighty, what about we pick up Watson from the blues"?

Wrighty: "He's a spud".

Clarko: "I know. But it would sure be funny if he has one more premiership medal than Plugger".

Match Committee: "hahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

Clarko: "I know. But it would sure be funny if he has one more premiership medal than Plugger".

Fox Footy could run a series on it.

Pauper to Premiership Player

And it just keeps going ...:)

I don't know anything about Zac O'Brien but it sounds like he's got a bit of mongrel in him. Does he get a look in on the rookie list as an inside mid?

What about someone who still has potential to be a very good footballer?

Just no.

He's not that great. He's a good athlete, he's a mammoth of a bloke and could probably bench press my whole family, but he's just not that great a football player. I don't think he has scope to improve much further than he already is.

Plus, again- to add to that- he's currently under sexual assault charges. I'm quite keen to have anyone with a modicum of disrespect for women out of the club, let alone bring more in.

We don't need that shit here.

Matt Spangher likes this.

Just no.

He's not that great. He's a good athlete, he's a mammoth of a bloke and could probably bench press my whole family, but he's just not that great a football player. I don't think he has scope to improve much further than he already is.

Plus, again- to add to that- he's currently under sexual assault charges. I'm quite keen to have anyone with a modicum of disrespect for women out of the club, let alone bring more in.

We don't need that shit here.

I can't see it.

He's big and strong, but so was Isreal Falou.

He's athletic, yes, but he had the dumbest AFL brain of any player on any list in 2015.
I get that hes a phenomenal athlete, probably one of the only ones who rivals Nic Nat.

But hes shown some serious glimpses, kicked 6 in a game, dominated another before getting knocked out, flashes thereabouts.

Lots of knee issues.

Court case aside, wouldnt he be the perfect rookie? Definite upgrade on Grimley.

How does he compare to Fitzpatrick?

Probably shown more than him too to be fair.

I get that he was delisted for a reason, and am sure most clubs' supporters would be at least asking the question?

Clubs probably less interested obviously but could he be developed into a CHB?

Fast, strong, can take a contested mark. Maybe not a pure footballer, but could he be moulded into a role playing CHB with a small role in the ruck or FWD.

Its still silly season, but surely hes at least worth debating?

Umm, yeah, we don't really need to add someone with a court case hanging over their head to our list at the moment.
Nice work by North to wait until the season was over and most people forgot to delist him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that hes a phenomenal athlete, probably one of the only ones who rivals Nic Nat.

But hes shown some serious glimpses, kicked 6 in a game, dominated another before getting knocked out, flashes thereabouts.

Lots of knee issues.

Court case aside, wouldnt he be the perfect rookie? Definite upgrade on Grimley.

How does he compare to Fitzpatrick?

Probably shown more than him too to be fair.

I get that he was delisted for a reason, and am sure most clubs' supporters would be at least asking the question?

Clubs probably less interested obviously but could he be developed into a CHB?

Fast, strong, can take a contested mark. Maybe not a pure footballer, but could he be moulded into a role playing CHB with a small role in the ruck or FWD.

Its still silly season, but surely hes at least worth debating?
I would suggest that Daw is about as much chance of being made into a CHB as Sam Grimley is of being a Hawthorn premiership player.

It's not going to happen.

I have been looking at the list of delisted players.

What does everyone think of Matthew Watson? I think he would be a perfect fit as backup to replace Lake.

I proposed this weeks ago and everyone told me I was smoking something.

I would suggest that Daw is about as much chance of being made into a CHB as Sam Grimley is of being a Hawthorn premiership player.

It's not going to happen.
I grew up neighbours to Majak's family. Run into him all the time. He is not a footballer. Plus he has a terrible attitude, he thinks he is already a very big deal and cant even read the play on television nevermind on the ground.

When Daw starts getting thrown around in these threads, it's time for me to turn in till draft night.
Especially with the other stuff that got floated a few weeks ago...Glad some of you don't work in the PR department.

Well my ideas are more in line with the club's, we did pick up Fitzpatrick as a backup after all.
Ha, whatever you reckon.

Hawthorn has a history of picking up delisted rucks. When have they ever drafted a hack key position defender who couldn't get a game with a wooden spoon side?

Hawthorn has a history of picking up delisted rucks. When have they ever drafted a hack key position defender who couldn't get a game with a wooden spoon side?

Derp, Jack Fitzpatrick played full back this year. He may not have won a spoon this season but he was in a shit side and got about as many games as Watson.

Ha, whatever you reckon.

Actually, when you think about it, Hawks (and by extension Monkey) have a pretty good record of turning any ruckmen into "pretty good ruckmen" regardless of where they start.

So rather than drafting rucks and then losing the value of those draft picks, it's probably much more sensible to pick up the biggest bargain basement ruckmen you can so you're maximising returns.

Better off turning a spud into "pretty good" than turning "once in a generation" into "pretty good"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back